Used 2006 Buick Lucerne CXL Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

2006 Buick Lucerne

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

On the road again.
By Mary

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Buick. It is 10 years old now. And always reliable. Only thing I did wrong was buy heavier snow tires for it and dont like the ride. So am changing the
tires now. But have 83,000 miles on it and this will be the third set of tires. Maybe they will be the last.

This car has beautiful body style.
By Doody

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Plastic around drivers seat just cracked off. Wheels look like aluminum film is peeling off on them, this amazes me I thought buicks to be better made. Brakes noise, power stearing empty on fluid tho not leaking, have to keep a check on it. Overall pretty good car. This car don't seem to be as well made as older models like everything else you buy these days.

Solid, reliable good as expected
By M Nolan

Never buy a Buick
By pshank

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a used vehicle because of its spacious, comfortable, and excellent interiors. I burnt my finger in couple of months when the plastic around the seat started falling off, engine seal broke off and started heating my engine, transmission started slipping, and boy, brakes are very poor. It starts juddering when driving down the slopes and it wouldn't stop. I spent at least $3000 more than the price I paid for this car, and I drove it from $100K to $132K. I decided to sell the vehicle. Now the fun story began. The dealer who sold me wouldn't take the car back. He said he would pay me $2K. Wow!!! This car loses value like a piece of crap. I never ever will recommend this car/ make.

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL
By feistyscot

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 47,000 miles on it and have driven it 27,000 miles in one year. It has a very quiet ride and decent acceleration for a V6 powered boat of a car. Gas mileage on the highway ranges between 25-26 mpg in the winter to 27-30 in the summer. In town? 18-19. Not that great.
The stock radio went to the recycle yard right away. I had to turn it up pretty much to the extent of it's volume to hear. Chucked it for a Pioneer aftermarket and that solved the sound issues. The drivers seat isn't the most comfortable and the lack of a telescoping steering wheel doesn't help. Trunk space and lack of a true fold down rear seat are also drawbacks.

Rear leg room for passengers, auto systems (wipers, lights, air conditioning )Exterior styling, interior colors (tan,taupe ) 3.8 engine auto leveling suspension.

Since they don't make this car anymore I'll use this for a few more gripes. It uses oil at about a quart every 3,000 miles and has one huge blind spot on each side caused by the front pillars. It has a small turning radius which means plenty of planning ahead when parking. Why does GM stick with plastic wood? It looks tacky, more so on this car than most. By the way, if you look at the interior of a Cadillac DTS, it is virtually identical to this Buick. Aside from all of this, I like the car. It has decent styling, pretty good gas mileage on the highway, and a comfortable ride. Oh, and you can get one pretty cheap!