Used 2006 Buick Lucerne CXL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

Never buy a Buick
By pshank

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a used vehicle because of its spacious, comfortable, and excellent interiors. I burnt my finger in couple of months when the plastic around the seat started falling off, engine seal broke off and started heating my engine, transmission started slipping, and boy, brakes are very poor. It starts juddering when driving down the slopes and it wouldn't stop. I spent at least $3000 more than the price I paid for this car, and I drove it from $100K to $132K. I decided to sell the vehicle. Now the fun story began. The dealer who sold me wouldn't take the car back. He said he would pay me $2K. Wow!!! This car loses value like a piece of crap. I never ever will recommend this car/ make.

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL
By feistyscot

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 47,000 miles on it and have driven it 27,000 miles in one year. It has a very quiet ride and decent acceleration for a V6 powered boat of a car. Gas mileage on the highway ranges between 25-26 mpg in the winter to 27-30 in the summer. In town? 18-19. Not that great. The stock radio went to the recycle yard right away. I had to turn it up pretty much to the extent of it's volume to hear. Chucked it for a Pioneer aftermarket and that solved the sound issues. The drivers seat isn't the most comfortable and the lack of a telescoping steering wheel doesn't help. Trunk space and lack of a true fold down rear seat are also drawbacks.

Rear leg room for passengers, auto systems (wipers, lights, air conditioning )Exterior styling, interior colors (tan,taupe ) 3.8 engine auto leveling suspension.

Since they don't make this car anymore I'll use this for a few more gripes. It uses oil at about a quart every 3,000 miles and has one huge blind spot on each side caused by the front pillars. It has a small turning radius which means plenty of planning ahead when parking. Why does GM stick with plastic wood? It looks tacky, more so on this car than most. By the way, if you look at the interior of a Cadillac DTS, it is virtually identical to this Buick. Aside from all of this, I like the car. It has decent styling, pretty good gas mileage on the highway, and a comfortable ride. Oh, and you can get one pretty cheap!

Never buy another GM product
By tscor22

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought an o6 Lucerne w/23500 mi in 09, & a 4 yr ext. WTY, + wheel & tire WTY for $1250. GM shut the DLR dn shortly after purch., DLR never sent in the P/W or the $. Now have 63K with repeat problems, 2 wheels won't balance, 3 sets of front brakes + rotors, one rear set+rotors, Trans slips & clunks when go'g from D to R , & back to D. Play in the IM str'g shaft every 20-25,000 miles. Worst of all is the stonewalling tactics by GM C/S, they ret'd the $279 for the wheel & tire, but whls cost $1400, and denied the $973 ext. WTY. Fact. Rep was a no show at an app't they made. Now they want me to drive 60mi to DLR in another state or pay $140 for diagnostics to a local DLR. 5 hrs on ph. w/5 Reps

GM has a quality program, but they don't practice what they advertise. Quality is hacked apart by product mgrs & top Mgmt. prior good designs are compromised to save a nickle. Same vehicle problems go on for years, its cheaper to let consumers pay for it. They need to have more positive reaction to customer complaints, and not stonewall us like we're all stupid.

Love it, buying another
By 5bucks

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Comfort in the back seat for clients. Comfortable seats Love driving it but have to watch my speed. It's a smooth drive & you don't realize how fast you go. Nice design. Been stopped & had people comment on it.

Heated seats & remote start

Redesign interior. I want to update & buy a new one.

First 100,000 Miles
By James Goodson

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My first 100,000 miles in this Buick Lucerne CXL have been a truly awesome experience. I changed a rear tailight bulb...and that's it! The only normal wear items have been 1 set of tires and brakes. Great mileage at an average in the mid 20's but 28 on the highway at 70. Not bad for such a large car. The V6 is absolutely bulletproof with a long history for reliability. Motor is adequate, but at 197 horsepower we're at the low end of acceptable. The plus side is endless quiet cruising ability. Brakes are very good. My wife's Infiniti lives at the dealer, but we can always rely on the Buick. I'm looking forward to the next 100K....unless I buy a 2010 Buick Lacrosse!

Roominess Reliability Build Quality Sunroof Satelite Radio Heated Seats Hi Range remote so you can find it in a parking lot Ski pass through in trunk

Another 50 horsepower