2006 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:
Quirks. Like every other GM.
By buickreview on 11/14/12 20:28 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Will get 30+ MPG if driven 55-60 MPH (for the tank this car is, this is phenomenal). Gets 26 MPG 80/20 mix (highway/city), speeds up to 80 MPH and spirited. Proven engine. Absolutely smooth and quiet. New tires vibrate at certain speeds for 1200 miles (and then 1200 more when rotated). Horrendous blind spots. Great road car, crummy to drive in the city. Powerful on the highway. Awful seats; extremely sore after driving car (and I'm not old). Interior materials very cheap, nasty seat fabric. Ergonomics are bad. No telescopic steering wheel. Passenger seat rattles. Driver seat plastic cracked off. Would I buy it again? No. Tired of quirks. Probably last GM I buy.

Inside out something breaks every month
By mimaw67 on 10/20/12 16:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Since i have bought this car I have had to have 2 of four doors fixed one wouldnt open other had the handle come off, The power window regulator went out! Motor mounts broke & Now transmission going out! The plastic around the front seats have all broken! Not a car to have, more issues then any other car i have had!

Lucerne is the Best
By Dave on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted a large car with a soft confy ride on all roads. Glad I bought this car. Tons of room, seating for Fit and finish is great. I had a Lexus rice burner and truly prefer the Buick Lucerne Bigger and better

Concerns
By David on 11/09/08 22:19 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Overall the car is good but there are some concerns. When I drive beyond 50 mph the car starts to fishtail; the steering increases in play and is not as responsive. The car lacks basic performance and sounds like the transmission struggles when accelerating. The car is very comfortable and smooth but this should not be at the expense of basic performance.

2006 Buick Lucerne Great Car
By ronmckean on 01/08/07 10:24 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Lucerne is a great value. Ride, performance and build quality is excellent. It is a joy to drive.

Love This Car
By JEFF IN TX on 12/28/06 01:40 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had the car for two weeks and absolutly love it. It has great comfort and plenty of power for me. I traded in a Lincoln town car and couldn't be happier. I would advise anyone to test drive this car if your looking for comfort and safety.

My Lucerne
By jtsummers on 12/14/06 03:17 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best car I ever owned and I have owned a lot in my 77 years.

Fuel Gauge incorrect
By RAM on 09/28/06 09:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, I am happy with this car. However, the fuel gauge does not give me accurate readings. If I start the car on an unlevel surface the gauge will not give me an accurate reading. Depending on whether the car is on an incline/decline the gauge will give me a higher/lower reading (off by a 1/4 reading) than what is in the tank. According to Buick, this is normal and it may take up to 10 miles of driving for the gauge to correct itself and give me an accurate reading. This makes no sense at all. I am not pleased.

RAM
By Roger on 09/25/06 08:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My third Buick, previous two were LeSabres. This is by far the best, a smooth quite ride. The 3.8 V6 has plenty of power for me.

2006 Lucerne CX
By waynenovotny on 08/25/06 10:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We've only had the car a couple weeks but are very happy with it so far. Rides smooth and quiet and gets better mileage than my V-6 Chevy Malibu. It feels very solid on the road. Like a friend of mine said when he saw it, "that car screams road trip!"

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.