Used 2006 Buick Lucerne Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Lucerne - Consumer Reviews

2006 Buick Lucerne

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

Never buy a Buick
By pshank

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a used vehicle because of its spacious, comfortable, and excellent interiors. I burnt my finger in couple of months when the plastic around the seat started falling off, engine seal broke off and started heating my engine, transmission started slipping, and boy, brakes are very poor. It starts juddering when driving down the slopes and it wouldn't stop. I spent at least $3000 more than the price I paid for this car, and I drove it from $100K to $132K. I decided to sell the vehicle. Now the fun story began. The dealer who sold me wouldn't take the car back. He said he would pay me $2K. Wow!!! This car loses value like a piece of crap. I never ever will recommend this car/ make.

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL
By feistyscot

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 47,000 miles on it and have driven it 27,000 miles in one year. It has a very quiet ride and decent acceleration for a V6 powered boat of a car. Gas mileage on the highway ranges between 25-26 mpg in the winter to 27-30 in the summer. In town? 18-19. Not that great. The stock radio went to the recycle yard right away. I had to turn it up pretty much to the extent of it's volume to hear. Chucked it for a Pioneer aftermarket and that solved the sound issues. The drivers seat isn't the most comfortable and the lack of a telescoping steering wheel doesn't help. Trunk space and lack of a true fold down rear seat are also drawbacks.

Favorite Features

Rear leg room for passengers, auto systems (wipers, lights, air conditioning )Exterior styling, interior colors (tan,taupe ) 3.8 engine auto leveling suspension.

Suggested Improvements

Since they don't make this car anymore I'll use this for a few more gripes. It uses oil at about a quart every 3,000 miles and has one huge blind spot on each side caused by the front pillars. It has a small turning radius which means plenty of planning ahead when parking. Why does GM stick with plastic wood? It looks tacky, more so on this car than most. By the way, if you look at the interior of a Cadillac DTS, it is virtually identical to this Buick. Aside from all of this, I like the car. It has decent styling, pretty good gas mileage on the highway, and a comfortable ride. Oh, and you can get one pretty cheap!

Quirks. Like every other GM.
By buickreview

2006 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Will get 30+ MPG if driven 55-60 MPH (for the tank this car is, this is phenomenal). Gets 26 MPG 80/20 mix (highway/city), speeds up to 80 MPH and spirited. Proven engine. Absolutely smooth and quiet. New tires vibrate at certain speeds for 1200 miles (and then 1200 more when rotated). Horrendous blind spots. Great road car, crummy to drive in the city. Powerful on the highway. Awful seats; extremely sore after driving car (and I'm not old). Interior materials very cheap, nasty seat fabric. Ergonomics are bad. No telescopic steering wheel. Passenger seat rattles. Driver seat plastic cracked off. Would I buy it again? No. Tired of quirks. Probably last GM I buy.

Favorite Features

Huge. Smooth. Quiet. Engine. Lots of airbags. Gorgeous body.

Suggested Improvements

Attention to minor details and ergonomics. Attention to quality of all materials. I was rather hard on this review as I absolutely love the looks of this car and love GM sedans, and only have owned such. But this one proved why people "go foreign". Can't wait.

Inside out something breaks every month
By mimaw67

2006 Buick Lucerne CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Since i have bought this car I have had to have 2 of four doors fixed one wouldnt open other had the handle come off, The power window regulator went out! Motor mounts broke & Now transmission going out! The plastic around the front seats have all broken! Not a car to have, more issues then any other car i have had!

Favorite Features

The stereo shows the name of song & artist! It looks good! But runs horrible

Suggested Improvements

Fix defective plastic seating,Improve power train

Never buy another GM product
By tscor22

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought an o6 Lucerne w/23500 mi in 09, & a 4 yr ext. WTY, + wheel & tire WTY for $1250. GM shut the DLR dn shortly after purch., DLR never sent in the P/W or the $. Now have 63K with repeat problems, 2 wheels won't balance, 3 sets of front brakes + rotors, one rear set+rotors, Trans slips & clunks when go'g from D to R , & back to D. Play in the IM str'g shaft every 20-25,000 miles. Worst of all is the stonewalling tactics by GM C/S, they ret'd the $279 for the wheel & tire, but whls cost $1400, and denied the $973 ext. WTY. Fact. Rep was a no show at an app't they made. Now they want me to drive 60mi to DLR in another state or pay $140 for diagnostics to a local DLR. 5 hrs on ph. w/5 Reps

Suggested Improvements

GM has a quality program, but they don't practice what they advertise. Quality is hacked apart by product mgrs & top Mgmt. prior good designs are compromised to save a nickle. Same vehicle problems go on for years, its cheaper to let consumers pay for it. They need to have more positive reaction to customer complaints, and not stonewall us like we're all stupid.