Used 2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Lesabre - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Buick Lesabre
By al capone

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The buick LeSabre is a terrific car in every way, but it has too stiff of a suspension system and seats are way to hard for a comfortable ride.

Favorite Features

Has good power and cruises the interstates nicely

Suggested Improvements

Must ease the suspension, like in the older Buicks and Oldsmobiles of the 90's. Also the seats are like sitting on park benches in comparison to the Buicks of the 90's.

A week in a Buick LeSabre
By Short term ride

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

First off, this review is based on just a week of driving. So far I'm not very pleased. One of the first things I noticed was the wind noise coming in around winshield. After numerous seat position adjustments I was never able to find one that was truly comfortable. The bench seat provides very little lateral support. After my 1 hour commute I feel as if I've driven much longer. The steering has almost no feel to it (over assisted).

Favorite Features

XM radio and wheel mounted controls. Soft ride soaks up the potholes. Mileage is decent for a large vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

This outdated line is no longer offered by Buick. Thank you GM.

2005 Buick Lesabre
By lesabre custom

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Not a fun car to drive. It vibrates and shakes at interstate speeds. The dealer balanced the tires repeatedly and ended up replacing the tires to no avail. Buick states that it is normal driving condition due to the newly designed "active suspension". I call it a mistake to buy.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Redesign the suspension.

Fantastic!
By drew0927

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've never been more pleased with a care in my entire life. Very smooth ride, incredibly comfortable interior, and quiet as a mouse. The mileage is phenomenal given the size of the car. I commute 60+ miles each day so really appreciate how comfortable the interior is. The suspension soaks up the potholes with just a soft "thump, thump".

Favorite Features

XM Satellite radio w/steering wheel mounted controls. Well worth the $13/mo subscription.

Suggested Improvements

Start making them again...why mess with success? The rear seat is pretty tight for even slightly taller than average folks. The radio just looks dowdy and a little cheap compared to the rest of the car. That's a typical complaint of GM cars though I think.

Great Vehicle for a Tall Man
By RED

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I own two gas hogs i.e. Ford Expedition and Z28 Camaro. Looking for a vehicle with better gas mileage and space. Looked at Honda Accord, Nissan Altima and VW Jetta. All were nice but too small for a man 6'2. I was tired of my head hitting the roof, the emergency brake sticking into my leg and my legs cramped. Bought LeSabre without sunroof. Great space and legroom. So far it gets better mileage than cars previously mentioned. The only problem is getting one. Now that they are heavily discounted, they go off the lot as soom as they are delivered. It's funny that when GM finally gets the price right they are terminating a hot seller.

Favorite Features

Leg room and trunk space and head room. The Gran touring package makes a good handling vehicle. So far mileage 29 highway and 20 city. Not bad for a big safe vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Keep making them and keep the price competitive. And if GM brings them back don't name the vehicle after a gallon of milk.