2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:
Best sedan we have ever owned
By Verne R on 08/23/08 11:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car appears to be well made with excellent fit and finish. The ride is smooth and quiet. It handles well and is enjoyable to drive. The 3.8L V6 is a nice balance between power and fuel economy. So far we have attained 33.4mpg at highway speeds which is amazing for a car this size. The interior is well appointed and feels plush. The car provides a nice array of creature features. The exterior has clean lines and looks sharp. Trunk space is generous and has pass through the seat capability. This is our first Buick and we have been impressed by the quality, spaceousness, and fuel economy that this car offers. It has met and exceeded our expectations.

Big car, great mileage
By Rich Bolamperti on 06/24/08 18:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My other car is a Hyundai Elantra I get about 22 mpg. The LeSabre is getting 20 mpg city. I drive the Hyundai harder but to get 20 mpg city in a car this large and comfortable is amazing. I love the split bench seat, me my wife and child can all sit in the front like in the old days. I have a plan. Buy a 2 or 3 year old Buick keep it until it is 10 years old, trade it in get another 2 or 3 year old Buick. Have a very small economy car to drive in town and for the longer commute. Drive it into the ground.

Why?
By Billy John of MN on 06/05/08 19:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

GM. Why did you drop this model along with the Park? I have owned 2 Parks and 4 LeSabres. They are far superior to Lucernes which I drove and felt like I was sitting in a boat. Have you ever tried to look to your left rear from a Lucerne drivers seat? My neighbor traded his Lesabre on a LaCross and regrets the day he went in to the Buick dealership. Except for the plastic intake manifold part which has failed on nearly all of my 3.8 cu motors, the motor is superb! Why did you let the problem go on year after year unfixed? However no foreign or domestic comes close to the size and the mileage (27-29 highway) of this comfort machine. That's OK. Humble yourself and bring them back. Forget California

Great American ride
By pjm1000 on 05/30/08 08:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased a Buick Lasbre Limited with the 3.8 engine. I see everyone get the small cars for fuel economy, but when I saw the fuel economy in this Buick (hit 32mpg on the highway yesterday) there is no way I would cram myself into a little import to get 26-30 mpg when you can get the same or better in a full size auto that rides like a dream with all the gadgets for comfort. Truly an excellent car. I am 37, not the stigma of an old guy's car, who cares!

Platinum silver LeSabre
By ANGELCHILD on 03/08/08 21:20 PM (PST)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed my LeSabre since I purchased it in August 2007. The LeSabre rides very smooth and has the luxury of a Cadillac at a better value! I would recommend this car to anyone looking for luxury at a great price!

Buick Lesabre
By al capone on 03/05/07 18:03 PM (PST)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The buick LeSabre is a terrific car in every way, but it has too stiff of a suspension system and seats are way to hard for a comfortable ride.

A week in a Buick LeSabre
By Short term ride on 02/23/06 10:58 AM (PST)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

First off, this review is based on just a week of driving. So far I'm not very pleased. One of the first things I noticed was the wind noise coming in around winshield. After numerous seat position adjustments I was never able to find one that was truly comfortable. The bench seat provides very little lateral support. After my 1 hour commute I feel as if I've driven much longer. The steering has almost no feel to it (over assisted).

2005 Buick Lesabre
By lesabre custom on 12/25/05 14:31 PM (PST)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Not a fun car to drive. It vibrates and shakes at interstate speeds. The dealer balanced the tires repeatedly and ended up replacing the tires to no avail. Buick states that it is normal driving condition due to the newly designed "active suspension". I call it a mistake to buy.

Fantastic!
By drew0927 on 11/16/05 12:52 PM (PST)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've never been more pleased with a care in my entire life. Very smooth ride, incredibly comfortable interior, and quiet as a mouse. The mileage is phenomenal given the size of the car. I commute 60+ miles each day so really appreciate how comfortable the interior is. The suspension soaks up the potholes with just a soft "thump, thump".

Great Vehicle for a Tall Man
By RED on 09/16/05 08:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I own two gas hogs i.e. Ford Expedition and Z28 Camaro. Looking for a vehicle with better gas mileage and space. Looked at Honda Accord, Nissan Altima and VW Jetta. All were nice but too small for a man 6'2. I was tired of my head hitting the roof, the emergency brake sticking into my leg and my legs cramped. Bought LeSabre without sunroof. Great space and legroom. So far it gets better mileage than cars previously mentioned. The only problem is getting one. Now that they are heavily discounted, they go off the lot as soom as they are delivered. It's funny that when GM finally gets the price right they are terminating a hot seller.