2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:
Love it!!
By rosco1776 on 08/26/13 00:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I got this car from my dad and love it! It only has 27K miles on it and still has the original tires. It rides and runs like a dream. I get a consistent 25mpg combined and up to 32mpg on trips. I've had quite a few Dodge Neons and they get the same gas mileage as this luxury vehicle. My only regret is it's color, silver! I hate silver cars, too blah!

Love my "old man's car"
By palmettosunshine on 03/24/10 18:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Absolutely love my "old man's car". Needed another 4 door car after getting married, did my research and knew I wanted a LeSabre. I work for a Buick dealer and I waited until the right one was traded in. Got a 1 owner Custom with 67,000 miles and couldn't be happier. My friends teased me about it until they rode in it, then they got it. Amazing ride quality, great gas mileage, enormous trunk. My wife insists we take the LeSabre when we go on trips rather than her 2008 Scion XB. If you find a low mileage LeSabre, buy it! You won't be disappointed.

Oldsmobile Replacement
By Bill on 03/15/10 15:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven GM cars always. I got an Olds Delta 88 in 1987 and have had several Olds that have ran perfect with the same drive train in the Olds 88s and 98s -the 3.8 engine is great- GM was smart enough to stay with it for many years. I bought the 2005 Buick LeSabre because it had the exact same drive train as an Olds that GM was stupid enough to discontinue.

Great Buick
By TB on 12/07/09 15:18 PM (PST)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this LeSabre for 9 months now, purchased used. It is great for over the road as well as commuting. I average 30-32 mpg, even at interstate speeds. Great ride and very quiet. I was commuting back and forth from Colorado to Nebraska for a time and lots of interstate driving. Very comfortable at 75 mph and 30 mpg as well. I could drive from Greeley to Omaha on one tank, just over 500 miles!

Love my Lesabre
By Linda C. on 09/16/08 06:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 1991 Buick LeSabre Limited used in 1993 with 32,000 miles and drove it for 15 years and 224,000 plus miles. Wasn't ready to trade but found out they had been discontinued. I decided to buy another before they completely disappeared! My old one was still running great, no major problems, just the usual battery, brake pads etc., still got 30 mpg on the highway. Found a 2005 Custom with 56,000 miles. It fits like a glove and I expect to get at least 15 years out of this one! Just miss the leather seats, can't "slide in" on the fabric! These cars are a pleasure to drive, great in the winter, reliable, no complaints whatsoever.

Big car, great mileage
By Rich Bolamperti on 06/24/08 18:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My other car is a Hyundai Elantra I get about 22 mpg. The LeSabre is getting 20 mpg city. I drive the Hyundai harder but to get 20 mpg city in a car this large and comfortable is amazing. I love the split bench seat, me my wife and child can all sit in the front like in the old days. I have a plan. Buy a 2 or 3 year old Buick keep it until it is 10 years old, trade it in get another 2 or 3 year old Buick. Have a very small economy car to drive in town and for the longer commute. Drive it into the ground.

Platinum silver LeSabre
By ANGELCHILD on 03/08/08 21:20 PM (PST)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed my LeSabre since I purchased it in August 2007. The LeSabre rides very smooth and has the luxury of a Cadillac at a better value! I would recommend this car to anyone looking for luxury at a great price!

Buick Lesabre
By al capone on 03/05/07 18:03 PM (PST)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The buick LeSabre is a terrific car in every way, but it has too stiff of a suspension system and seats are way to hard for a comfortable ride.

A week in a Buick LeSabre
By Short term ride on 02/23/06 10:58 AM (PST)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

First off, this review is based on just a week of driving. So far I'm not very pleased. One of the first things I noticed was the wind noise coming in around winshield. After numerous seat position adjustments I was never able to find one that was truly comfortable. The bench seat provides very little lateral support. After my 1 hour commute I feel as if I've driven much longer. The steering has almost no feel to it (over assisted).

Fantastic!
By drew0927 on 11/16/05 12:52 PM (PST)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've never been more pleased with a care in my entire life. Very smooth ride, incredibly comfortable interior, and quiet as a mouse. The mileage is phenomenal given the size of the car. I commute 60+ miles each day so really appreciate how comfortable the interior is. The suspension soaks up the potholes with just a soft "thump, thump".