2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:
Luxurious, Stylish and Reliable after 9 years
By jcg6878 on 01/04/14 11:19 AM (PST)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We were not loyal Buick owners, but became loyal after two Lesabres. This is our 2nd, a 2005 Limited Celebration Edition fully loaded w/everything including sunroof. Our last Lesabre was a 93 Custom, and was just bullet proof, roomy, and attractive, so after 210,000 miles we traded and bought our '05 brand new. The 2nd time around proved a success. Other than routine maintenance, we've had no problems with this car. Nothing! We're now at 248,000 miles, and thinking we're going to go for the 300k mark, then trade for another Buick. Our Lesabre is just so plush and inviting. Backseat legroom isn't as spacious as our 93 for some reason, but the glove soft leather and stylishness make up for it.

Great car, won't trade .Keeping
By John Skokan on 12/30/09 08:02 AM (PST)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my wife. We bought it brand new. Love it. It rides very nice, like a caddy or Lincoln. Has a 2.6L V6. Great on milage. Has great bucket seats, leather (much more comfortable than cloth. Only two bad points to this car: 1)Body so low to ground, front frame hits tire stops @ parking spaces. 2)I have gone through 6 headlights & about 13 turn, and taillights. I just replaced same turn/tail lights twice in a week. Replaced both headlights in last week. HELP! Can't afford to keep doing this! But, GM, please bring the LeSabre back. Hate the Lacrosse, testdrove one, no good.

Best of both worlds
By zorbogr on 10/08/09 20:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am a used car dealer that only buys low milage 2000-2005 Buick Lesabre's. I have been buying these cars for six years because of the quality and the amazing miles per gal. I get from 30 to 32 mpg on the highway and have never got less than 25 in the city. These were the best selling full size cars in America for ten straight years. (1995-2005) Why Buick quit making them is beyond my imagenation. The new Lecerne with a 3.8 engine only gets 26 miles highway and the numerous buttons on the interior do not say what they are for. You need the instruction book by your side to know how to drive this car. Shame on GM for ignoring the older drivers that made them so much money for so many years!!!

2005 LeSabre Celebration Limited Edition
By Buick Owner on 10/19/08 23:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have drove Buick LeSabre's for years. I own 2 LeSabres at the present time. They have all been very good cars. I bought the 2005 LeSabre Celebration Edition because it was the last year of the LeSabre. It is without a doubt the most comfortable, smoothest riding, most luxurious interior, and quietest LeSabre ever build and I go back a few years. It is so good that I keep it tucked away in my garage and only use it on highway trips and special outings. I use my '02 LeSabre for everyday driving in order to keep miles and wear off the '05 as I plan on keeping it for a long, long time. As you may have noticed, I have owned this car for a long time before writing this review. Great car!

2005 Buick Lesabre Limited.
By audrey on 09/28/08 10:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am a loyal Buick driver. Have had Buicks for many years but really love this 2005 LeSabre Limited. Really gets good mileage, 33 mpg on hwy for such a comfortable car. People are disappointed in the Lucernes with the mileage compared to the LaSabre. I would tell people to pay the extra money and get a Limited.

Best sedan we have ever owned
By Verne R on 08/23/08 11:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car appears to be well made with excellent fit and finish. The ride is smooth and quiet. It handles well and is enjoyable to drive. The 3.8L V6 is a nice balance between power and fuel economy. So far we have attained 33.4mpg at highway speeds which is amazing for a car this size. The interior is well appointed and feels plush. The car provides a nice array of creature features. The exterior has clean lines and looks sharp. Trunk space is generous and has pass through the seat capability. This is our first Buick and we have been impressed by the quality, spaceousness, and fuel economy that this car offers. It has met and exceeded our expectations.

Why?
By Billy John of MN on 06/05/08 19:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

GM. Why did you drop this model along with the Park? I have owned 2 Parks and 4 LeSabres. They are far superior to Lucernes which I drove and felt like I was sitting in a boat. Have you ever tried to look to your left rear from a Lucerne drivers seat? My neighbor traded his Lesabre on a LaCross and regrets the day he went in to the Buick dealership. Except for the plastic intake manifold part which has failed on nearly all of my 3.8 cu motors, the motor is superb! Why did you let the problem go on year after year unfixed? However no foreign or domestic comes close to the size and the mileage (27-29 highway) of this comfort machine. That's OK. Humble yourself and bring them back. Forget California

Great American ride
By pjm1000 on 05/30/08 08:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased a Buick Lasbre Limited with the 3.8 engine. I see everyone get the small cars for fuel economy, but when I saw the fuel economy in this Buick (hit 32mpg on the highway yesterday) there is no way I would cram myself into a little import to get 26-30 mpg when you can get the same or better in a full size auto that rides like a dream with all the gadgets for comfort. Truly an excellent car. I am 37, not the stigma of an old guy's car, who cares!

2005 Buick Lesabre
By lesabre custom on 12/25/05 14:31 PM (PST)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Not a fun car to drive. It vibrates and shakes at interstate speeds. The dealer balanced the tires repeatedly and ended up replacing the tires to no avail. Buick states that it is normal driving condition due to the newly designed "active suspension". I call it a mistake to buy.

Best Large Car Gas Mileage
By Dave on 07/30/05 13:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second LeSabre we have owned. This one is better than the previous car.