Used 2005 Buick LeSabre Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Lesabre - Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Luxurious, Stylish and Reliable after 9 years
By jcg6878

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We were not loyal Buick owners, but became loyal after two Lesabres. This is our 2nd, a 2005 Limited Celebration Edition fully loaded w/everything including sunroof. Our last Lesabre was a 93 Custom, and was just bullet proof, roomy, and attractive, so after 210,000 miles we traded and bought our '05 brand new. The 2nd time around proved a success. Other than routine maintenance, we've had no problems with this car. Nothing! We're now at 248,000 miles, and thinking we're going to go for the 300k mark, then trade for another Buick. Our Lesabre is just so plush and inviting. Backseat legroom isn't as spacious as our 93 for some reason, but the glove soft leather and stylishness make up for it.

Favorite Features

Soft leather seats, plush interior, exterior style, interior style, XM radio, trunk space, fuel economy, roominess, standard features.

Suggested Improvements

Rear seat legroom can be a bit tight for this model, even for smaller people. This is unlike the 90's models with a ton of legroom. Seemed like the outside of the car got bigger and the interior got smaller. This is truly my only complaint. Buick should never have downsized the interior. Bad move. Long hauls are usually comfortable though.

Great car, won't trade .Keeping
By John Skokan

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my wife. We bought it brand new. Love it. It rides very nice, like a caddy or Lincoln. Has a 2.6L V6. Great on milage. Has great bucket seats, leather (much more comfortable than cloth. Only two bad points to this car: 1)Body so low to ground, front frame hits tire stops @ parking spaces. 2)I have gone through 6 headlights & about 13 turn, and taillights. I just replaced same turn/tail lights twice in a week. Replaced both headlights in last week. HELP! Can't afford to keep doing this! But, GM, please bring the LeSabre back. Hate the Lacrosse, testdrove one, no good.

Favorite Features

great ride, great leather interior, love the size of car and passenger area. Great styling. Great milage. Like ONSTAR, mirror compass, heated seats, power memory seats, mirrors,a/c heater settings; great interior design and appointments.

Suggested Improvements

Fix front end lowness, fix the light burnout problem. I am losing all my lights. Even some in the dash and steering wheel. Start making them again, and I will buy a new one. To me, no other vechicle compares.

Best of both worlds
By zorbogr

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am a used car dealer that only buys low milage 2000-2005 Buick Lesabre's. I have been buying these cars for six years because of the quality and the amazing miles per gal. I get from 30 to 32 mpg on the highway and have never got less than 25 in the city. These were the best selling full size cars in America for ten straight years. (1995-2005) Why Buick quit making them is beyond my imagenation. The new Lecerne with a 3.8 engine only gets 26 miles highway and the numerous buttons on the interior do not say what they are for. You need the instruction book by your side to know how to drive this car. Shame on GM for ignoring the older drivers that made them so much money for so many years!!!

Favorite Features

Rain sensing windshield wipers, heads up display, memory and heated seats spacious interior and trunk space fuel milage and a overhaul classic look

Suggested Improvements

They did have a problem for a while with the window regulators and a few problems with the plenum. Please start making the LeSabre again!!

2005 LeSabre Celebration Limited Edition
By Buick Owner

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have drove Buick LeSabre's for years. I own 2 LeSabres at the present time. They have all been very good cars. I bought the 2005 LeSabre Celebration Edition because it was the last year of the LeSabre. It is without a doubt the most comfortable, smoothest riding, most luxurious interior, and quietest LeSabre ever build and I go back a few years. It is so good that I keep it tucked away in my garage and only use it on highway trips and special outings. I use my '02 LeSabre for everyday driving in order to keep miles and wear off the '05 as I plan on keeping it for a long, long time. As you may have noticed, I have owned this car for a long time before writing this review. Great car!

Favorite Features

I love the heads up display as my eyes are not as good as they used to be. I like the memory seat & mirrors as my wife sometimes drives and we can both program our personal settings into memory. We both love the heated seats and radio that plays both tapes & CD's along with AM/FM/XM stations.

Suggested Improvements

I really have nothing to say here except that GM should have kept the LeSabre name and a lot of it's features when it brought out the Lucerne in '06. The Lucerne is a great car, but it just don't fit my style. Thank you Buick, but I will keep my 2005 LeSabre Celebration Edition.

2005 Buick Lesabre Limited.
By audrey

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am a loyal Buick driver. Have had Buicks for many years but really love this 2005 LeSabre Limited. Really gets good mileage, 33 mpg on hwy for such a comfortable car. People are disappointed in the Lucernes with the mileage compared to the LaSabre. I would tell people to pay the extra money and get a Limited.

Favorite Features

Heated leather seats. Heads up display. Driver information display. Steering wheel controls and XM radio. Wouldnt live without it.

Suggested Improvements

The body styling. Love the aerodynamic styling of the Lucernes.