Used 2005 Buick LeSabre Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

I finally had to let her go....
By PJ DAY

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this 2005 LeSabre in Oct. 2013 from a dealer in Blue Ridge, GA. She was a 1 owner who was no longer able to drive so her husband traded the car in. I named her Betty Buick. She had just under 92,000 miles on her and was in absolutely pristine condition. Had always been garaged and I thought & was told, well maintained. Literally driven by a "little ole lady".
I paid just over $8,500 for her and was glad to find her. Back in 2013 these 05 LeSabre model cars were at a premium and hard to find. Us baby boomers wanted the wide front seat instead of cramped buckets and the ride and weight of a hearse. This Buick provided that and more. Talk about a hwy driving car, this baby was built to take long trips ! However, my husband passed away and trips never happened. She was not driven too much. I had to replace the battery and then the problems with the transmission began....Just a little slip here and there and then it was any time she was asked to climb a slight incline...skip, skip, skip and it was getting worse. The engine was terrific and gas mileage out of this world but the tranny must not have been well maintained and it was going out....I also began to suspect the crankcase filter issue that is well documented on this model was a possible problem for erratic stalls that fell into no particular driving pattern. She would eventually crank back up but she could stall out at 65 mps....total loss of power....I began not to trust her even for short trips into town.
So even though she looked just like she came straight off the show room floor, she needed to find a good home and I had to let her go. She only brought $3,000 on trade with 94,500 miles in on a 2014 GMC Terrain. I will miss her ride. Smooth as silk and quiet, quiet, quiet ! They do not make 'em like this any more unfortunately. I'd have replaced the crank case filter but the transmission was just too expensive. All things being equal a fabulous car !

Luxurious, Stylish and Reliable after 9 years
By jcg6878

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We were not loyal Buick owners, but became loyal after two Lesabres. This is our 2nd, a 2005 Limited Celebration Edition fully loaded w/everything including sunroof. Our last Lesabre was a 93 Custom, and was just bullet proof, roomy, and attractive, so after 210,000 miles we traded and bought our '05 brand new. The 2nd time around proved a success. Other than routine maintenance, we've had no problems with this car. Nothing! We're now at 248,000 miles, and thinking we're going to go for the 300k mark, then trade for another Buick. Our Lesabre is just so plush and inviting. Backseat legroom isn't as spacious as our 93 for some reason, but the glove soft leather and stylishness make up for it.

Soft leather seats, plush interior, exterior style, interior style, XM radio, trunk space, fuel economy, roominess, standard features.

Rear seat legroom can be a bit tight for this model, even for smaller people. This is unlike the 90's models with a ton of legroom. Seemed like the outside of the car got bigger and the interior got smaller. This is truly my only complaint. Buick should never have downsized the interior. Bad move. Long hauls are usually comfortable though.

Great car, won't trade .Keeping
By John Skokan

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my wife. We bought it brand new. Love it. It rides very nice, like a caddy or Lincoln. Has a 2.6L V6. Great on milage. Has great bucket seats, leather (much more comfortable than cloth. Only two bad points to this car: 1)Body so low to ground, front frame hits tire stops @ parking spaces. 2)I have gone through 6 headlights & about 13 turn, and taillights. I just replaced same turn/tail lights twice in a week. Replaced both headlights in last week. HELP! Can't afford to keep doing this! But, GM, please bring the LeSabre back. Hate the Lacrosse, testdrove one, no good.

great ride, great leather interior, love the size of car and passenger area. Great styling. Great milage. Like ONSTAR, mirror compass, heated seats, power memory seats, mirrors,a/c heater settings; great interior design and appointments.

Fix front end lowness, fix the light burnout problem. I am losing all my lights. Even some in the dash and steering wheel. Start making them again, and I will buy a new one. To me, no other vechicle compares.

Best of both worlds
By zorbogr

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am a used car dealer that only buys low milage 2000-2005 Buick Lesabre's. I have been buying these cars for six years because of the quality and the amazing miles per gal. I get from 30 to 32 mpg on the highway and have never got less than 25 in the city. These were the best selling full size cars in America for ten straight years. (1995-2005) Why Buick quit making them is beyond my imagenation. The new Lecerne with a 3.8 engine only gets 26 miles highway and the numerous buttons on the interior do not say what they are for. You need the instruction book by your side to know how to drive this car. Shame on GM for ignoring the older drivers that made them so much money for so many years!!!

Rain sensing windshield wipers, heads up display, memory and heated seats spacious interior and trunk space fuel milage and a overhaul classic look

They did have a problem for a while with the window regulators and a few problems with the plenum. Please start making the LeSabre again!!

2005 LeSabre Celebration Limited Edition
By Buick Owner

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have drove Buick LeSabre's for years. I own 2 LeSabres at the present time. They have all been very good cars. I bought the 2005 LeSabre Celebration Edition because it was the last year of the LeSabre. It is without a doubt the most comfortable, smoothest riding, most luxurious interior, and quietest LeSabre ever build and I go back a few years. It is so good that I keep it tucked away in my garage and only use it on highway trips and special outings. I use my '02 LeSabre for everyday driving in order to keep miles and wear off the '05 as I plan on keeping it for a long, long time. As you may have noticed, I have owned this car for a long time before writing this review. Great car!

I love the heads up display as my eyes are not as good as they used to be. I like the memory seat & mirrors as my wife sometimes drives and we can both program our personal settings into memory. We both love the heated seats and radio that plays both tapes & CD's along with AM/FM/XM stations.

I really have nothing to say here except that GM should have kept the LeSabre name and a lot of it's features when it brought out the Lucerne in '06. The Lucerne is a great car, but it just don't fit my style. Thank you Buick, but I will keep my 2005 LeSabre Celebration Edition.