Used 2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

One of the best cars I have ever owned
By David Wilkie

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I always run a Car fax on ANY vehicle I buy! I fell into a bed of rose's with my purchase. This car has spent it's entire life in Florida. Pristine condition, with a 2 year bumper to bumper warranty.

One of the best vehicles I've ever owned
By Ernie S.

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Next to my 1996 Dodge Grand Caravan this is the best vehicle I've ever owned. Comfortable, decent gas mileage, minimal regular maintenance costs and the only one major expense was needing front and rear pads and rotors at the same time. I get it serviced every 3-4,000 miles, rotate tires often (3rd set in place at the moment) and drive it daily (127K and still going strong). My only complaint is a dashboard squeak I've had for ages and can't seem to locate. I wish they still made this model for when I'm ready again.

I finally had to let her go....
By PJ DAY

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this 2005 LeSabre in Oct. 2013 from a dealer in Blue Ridge, GA. She was a 1 owner who was no longer able to drive so her husband traded the car in. I named her Betty Buick. She had just under 92,000 miles on her and was in absolutely pristine condition. Had always been garaged and I thought & was told, well maintained. Literally driven by a "little ole lady".
I paid just over $8,500 for her and was glad to find her. Back in 2013 these 05 LeSabre model cars were at a premium and hard to find. Us baby boomers wanted the wide front seat instead of cramped buckets and the ride and weight of a hearse. This Buick provided that and more. Talk about a hwy driving car, this baby was built to take long trips ! However, my husband passed away and trips never happened. She was not driven too much. I had to replace the battery and then the problems with the transmission began....Just a little slip here and there and then it was any time she was asked to climb a slight incline...skip, skip, skip and it was getting worse. The engine was terrific and gas mileage out of this world but the tranny must not have been well maintained and it was going out....I also began to suspect the crankcase filter issue that is well documented on this model was a possible problem for erratic stalls that fell into no particular driving pattern. She would eventually crank back up but she could stall out at 65 mps....total loss of power....I began not to trust her even for short trips into town.
So even though she looked just like she came straight off the show room floor, she needed to find a good home and I had to let her go. She only brought $3,000 on trade with 94,500 miles in on a 2014 GMC Terrain. I will miss her ride. Smooth as silk and quiet, quiet, quiet ! They do not make 'em like this any more unfortunately. I'd have replaced the crank case filter but the transmission was just too expensive. All things being equal a fabulous car !

2005 Buick LeSabre seats burst in flames
By Betty Scrogham Conway

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I want to make everyone aware who owns a buick lesabre. My aunt owned a 2005 buick leSabre and loved the car because it drove good, it was good with gas miles, the interior had plenty of room. Yesterday my aunt was driving the car coming back from Taylorsville, Ky. and she reached about one mile west of Mt. Washington,Ky. and mom and husband was in the car with her when my mom yelled at my aunt to stop the car because it was on fire. My aunt pulled off of the road and was yelling for help and yelling for everyone to get out of the car and the back seat under on the driver side was burning out of control. In a matter of a few minutes this car was completely destroyed by fire and it is believed the cause of the fire was from the battery which sits underneath the rear seat on the driver side. I am so lucky that my family is alive, but it could have been much worse. I want to make everyone aware if the battery is under the rear seat you will not want a car that is not safe. My mom was with my aunt and she was in the back seat on the passenger side and saw the seat in flames and yelled to my aunt to stop the car because it was on fire. If my mom had not been back there to see the seat burning and my aunt was in the car, this could have been worse. So, think twice before you buy one of these cars because next time it may be you, your children, your parents, or some other loved one.
Betty Scrogham Conway

Luxurious, Stylish and Reliable after 9 years
By jcg6878

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We were not loyal Buick owners, but became loyal after two Lesabres. This is our 2nd, a 2005 Limited Celebration Edition fully loaded w/everything including sunroof. Our last Lesabre was a 93 Custom, and was just bullet proof, roomy, and attractive, so after 210,000 miles we traded and bought our '05 brand new. The 2nd time around proved a success. Other than routine maintenance, we've had no problems with this car. Nothing! We're now at 248,000 miles, and thinking we're going to go for the 300k mark, then trade for another Buick. Our Lesabre is just so plush and inviting. Backseat legroom isn't as spacious as our 93 for some reason, but the glove soft leather and stylishness make up for it.

Soft leather seats, plush interior, exterior style, interior style, XM radio, trunk space, fuel economy, roominess, standard features.

Rear seat legroom can be a bit tight for this model, even for smaller people. This is unlike the 90's models with a ton of legroom. Seemed like the outside of the car got bigger and the interior got smaller. This is truly my only complaint. Buick should never have downsized the interior. Bad move. Long hauls are usually comfortable though.