2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:
Luxurious, Stylish and Reliable after 9 years
By jcg6878 on 01/04/14 11:19 AM (PST)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We were not loyal Buick owners, but became loyal after two Lesabres. This is our 2nd, a 2005 Limited Celebration Edition fully loaded w/everything including sunroof. Our last Lesabre was a 93 Custom, and was just bullet proof, roomy, and attractive, so after 210,000 miles we traded and bought our '05 brand new. The 2nd time around proved a success. Other than routine maintenance, we've had no problems with this car. Nothing! We're now at 248,000 miles, and thinking we're going to go for the 300k mark, then trade for another Buick. Our Lesabre is just so plush and inviting. Backseat legroom isn't as spacious as our 93 for some reason, but the glove soft leather and stylishness make up for it.

Love it!!
By rosco1776 on 08/26/13 00:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I got this car from my dad and love it! It only has 27K miles on it and still has the original tires. It rides and runs like a dream. I get a consistent 25mpg combined and up to 32mpg on trips. I've had quite a few Dodge Neons and they get the same gas mileage as this luxury vehicle. My only regret is it's color, silver! I hate silver cars, too blah!

Love my "old man's car"
By palmettosunshine on 03/24/10 18:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Absolutely love my "old man's car". Needed another 4 door car after getting married, did my research and knew I wanted a LeSabre. I work for a Buick dealer and I waited until the right one was traded in. Got a 1 owner Custom with 67,000 miles and couldn't be happier. My friends teased me about it until they rode in it, then they got it. Amazing ride quality, great gas mileage, enormous trunk. My wife insists we take the LeSabre when we go on trips rather than her 2008 Scion XB. If you find a low mileage LeSabre, buy it! You won't be disappointed.

Oldsmobile Replacement
By Bill on 03/15/10 15:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven GM cars always. I got an Olds Delta 88 in 1987 and have had several Olds that have ran perfect with the same drive train in the Olds 88s and 98s -the 3.8 engine is great- GM was smart enough to stay with it for many years. I bought the 2005 Buick LeSabre because it had the exact same drive train as an Olds that GM was stupid enough to discontinue.

Great car, won't trade .Keeping
By John Skokan on 12/30/09 08:02 AM (PST)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my wife. We bought it brand new. Love it. It rides very nice, like a caddy or Lincoln. Has a 2.6L V6. Great on milage. Has great bucket seats, leather (much more comfortable than cloth. Only two bad points to this car: 1)Body so low to ground, front frame hits tire stops @ parking spaces. 2)I have gone through 6 headlights & about 13 turn, and taillights. I just replaced same turn/tail lights twice in a week. Replaced both headlights in last week. HELP! Can't afford to keep doing this! But, GM, please bring the LeSabre back. Hate the Lacrosse, testdrove one, no good.

Great Buick
By TB on 12/07/09 15:18 PM (PST)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this LeSabre for 9 months now, purchased used. It is great for over the road as well as commuting. I average 30-32 mpg, even at interstate speeds. Great ride and very quiet. I was commuting back and forth from Colorado to Nebraska for a time and lots of interstate driving. Very comfortable at 75 mph and 30 mpg as well. I could drive from Greeley to Omaha on one tank, just over 500 miles!

Best of both worlds
By zorbogr on 10/08/09 20:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am a used car dealer that only buys low milage 2000-2005 Buick Lesabre's. I have been buying these cars for six years because of the quality and the amazing miles per gal. I get from 30 to 32 mpg on the highway and have never got less than 25 in the city. These were the best selling full size cars in America for ten straight years. (1995-2005) Why Buick quit making them is beyond my imagenation. The new Lecerne with a 3.8 engine only gets 26 miles highway and the numerous buttons on the interior do not say what they are for. You need the instruction book by your side to know how to drive this car. Shame on GM for ignoring the older drivers that made them so much money for so many years!!!

2005 LeSabre Celebration Limited Edition
By Buick Owner on 10/19/08 23:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have drove Buick LeSabre's for years. I own 2 LeSabres at the present time. They have all been very good cars. I bought the 2005 LeSabre Celebration Edition because it was the last year of the LeSabre. It is without a doubt the most comfortable, smoothest riding, most luxurious interior, and quietest LeSabre ever build and I go back a few years. It is so good that I keep it tucked away in my garage and only use it on highway trips and special outings. I use my '02 LeSabre for everyday driving in order to keep miles and wear off the '05 as I plan on keeping it for a long, long time. As you may have noticed, I have owned this car for a long time before writing this review. Great car!

2005 Buick Lesabre Limited.
By audrey on 09/28/08 10:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am a loyal Buick driver. Have had Buicks for many years but really love this 2005 LeSabre Limited. Really gets good mileage, 33 mpg on hwy for such a comfortable car. People are disappointed in the Lucernes with the mileage compared to the LaSabre. I would tell people to pay the extra money and get a Limited.

Love my Lesabre
By Linda C. on 09/16/08 06:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 1991 Buick LeSabre Limited used in 1993 with 32,000 miles and drove it for 15 years and 224,000 plus miles. Wasn't ready to trade but found out they had been discontinued. I decided to buy another before they completely disappeared! My old one was still running great, no major problems, just the usual battery, brake pads etc., still got 30 mpg on the highway. Found a 2005 Custom with 56,000 miles. It fits like a glove and I expect to get at least 15 years out of this one! Just miss the leather seats, can't "slide in" on the fabric! These cars are a pleasure to drive, great in the winter, reliable, no complaints whatsoever.

1 2 3 4 5 next »