Used 2005 Buick LeSabre Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick LeSabre - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Luxurious, Stylish and Reliable after 9 years
By jcg6878

2005 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We were not loyal Buick owners, but became loyal after two Lesabres. This is our 2nd, a 2005 Limited Celebration Edition fully loaded w/everything including sunroof. Our last Lesabre was a 93 Custom, and was just bullet proof, roomy, and attractive, so after 210,000 miles we traded and bought our '05 brand new. The 2nd time around proved a success. Other than routine maintenance, we've had no problems with this car. Nothing! We're now at 248,000 miles, and thinking we're going to go for the 300k mark, then trade for another Buick. Our Lesabre is just so plush and inviting. Backseat legroom isn't as spacious as our 93 for some reason, but the glove soft leather and stylishness make up for it.

Soft leather seats, plush interior, exterior style, interior style, XM radio, trunk space, fuel economy, roominess, standard features.

Rear seat legroom can be a bit tight for this model, even for smaller people. This is unlike the 90's models with a ton of legroom. Seemed like the outside of the car got bigger and the interior got smaller. This is truly my only complaint. Buick should never have downsized the interior. Bad move. Long hauls are usually comfortable though.

Love it!!
By rosco1776

2005 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I got this car from my dad and love it! It only has 27K miles on it and still has the original tires. It rides and runs like a dream. I get a consistent 25mpg combined and up to 32mpg on trips. I've had quite a few Dodge Neons and they get the same gas mileage as this luxury vehicle. My only regret is it's color, silver! I hate silver cars, too blah!

Ride, comfort and reliability.

Love my "old man's car"
By palmettosunshine

2005 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Absolutely love my "old man's car". Needed another 4 door car after getting married, did my research and knew I wanted a LeSabre. I work for a Buick dealer and I waited until the right one was traded in. Got a 1 owner Custom with 67,000 miles and couldn't be happier. My friends teased me about it until they rode in it, then they got it. Amazing ride quality, great gas mileage, enormous trunk. My wife insists we take the LeSabre when we go on trips rather than her 2008 Scion XB. If you find a low mileage LeSabre, buy it! You won't be disappointed.

Gas mileage (avg 26, city and hwy. Over 30 on the hwy). Ride quality (it's like riding down the hwy on your sofa) and stereo. Even the stock unit sounds amazing.

Bring it back!

Oldsmobile Replacement
By Bill

2005 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven GM cars always. I got an Olds Delta 88 in 1987 and have had several Olds that have ran perfect with the same drive train in the Olds 88s and 98s -the 3.8 engine is great- GM was smart enough to stay with it for many years. I bought the 2005 Buick LeSabre because it had the exact same drive train as an Olds that GM was stupid enough to discontinue.

Runs like an Oldsmobile

Start making these cars again-and they will sell.

Great car, won't trade .Keeping
By John Skokan

2005 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my wife. We bought it brand new. Love it. It rides very nice, like a caddy or Lincoln. Has a 2.6L V6. Great on milage. Has great bucket seats, leather (much more comfortable than cloth. Only two bad points to this car: 1)Body so low to ground, front frame hits tire stops @ parking spaces. 2)I have gone through 6 headlights & about 13 turn, and taillights. I just replaced same turn/tail lights twice in a week. Replaced both headlights in last week. HELP! Can't afford to keep doing this! But, GM, please bring the LeSabre back. Hate the Lacrosse, testdrove one, no good.

great ride, great leather interior, love the size of car and passenger area. Great styling. Great milage. Like ONSTAR, mirror compass, heated seats, power memory seats, mirrors,a/c heater settings; great interior design and appointments.

Fix front end lowness, fix the light burnout problem. I am losing all my lights. Even some in the dash and steering wheel. Start making them again, and I will buy a new one. To me, no other vechicle compares.