Used 2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Buick LeSabre Custom
By NuRsE

2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've just bought the car two weeks ago. It provides a very soft ride -- almost feels as though it "floats." It is very agile; and, one has to pay attention to the speedometer -- I found myself going 70 mph on the entrance ramp (uphill) to the Interstate! I am very pleased with the gas mileage, considering it' size.

Radio controls/cruise control on steering wheel. Everything is within easy reach. Excellent power! Styling is sedate. Trunk release very conveniently placed, and,lockable. Trunk-very large with an emergency release ("glow-in-the dark" type). The interior is very roomy.

Since the headlamps contain placement for cornering lamps, I feel that this should be included in the Custom version -- (it's standard on the Limited).

Major engine problems
By rahni

2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

LeSabre's 2000-2004 are made with a phenolic resin intake maniford that warps and leaks antifreeze into the engine's cylinders - basically blowing superheated steam into the combustion chambers. The factory-recall fix (put locktight on 3 bolts) doesn't work. According to a factory trained mechanic, many engines have had to be replaced because of this cheap construction. Also, "permanently lubricated" tie-rods wear prematurely and have to be replaced at low milage. Plastic window grips on electric windows break easily.

Battery under the back seat saves it from engine heat.

Aluminum or magnesium intake manifolds.

2004 lesabre
By tet

2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

this is your poor mans cadilac

ride, comfort, and responsive

color selection and thicker paint, fold down rear seats (pass though)

Not an old person's car!
By Redwood Falls, MN

2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in a 2002 LT TrailBlazer 4x4 which was hard on gas and had various problems. My Buick was excellent in our Minnesota winters-never got stuck once with outstanding handling on snowy/slippery roads. Dealer found the exact car I wanted with side air bags. My LeSabre has the early production fabric seats that are much richer looking than the current fabrics offered. I would buy another Buick.

Fuel economy-28.8 MPG with 5 passengers and a full trunk-and IT IS NOT YET BROKEN IN! Excellent hauling capacity with wide opening rear doors- not a SUV, but close. Comfort, proformance and build quality exceeded my expectations.

It does not have head turning style. A fold down rear seat would add a lot of versatility. More youthful colors- like a salsa red without having to pay a $750 premium.

a great buick
By Bob Mount

2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

A very nice comfortable car. I have had the vehicle for over 6,000 miles now and have had no difficulty of any kind. The only thing I would have preferred would be a cloth interior. I have ON- STAR and the voice recognition needs attention. It was good, they worked on it and it became bad and they worked on it somemore and now it is fair. My driving is mostly 10 miles to town then around town. I get 23 MPG.

Turn signals in the side mirrors, memory seat package, stabilitrack- chassis control system, eyecue heads up display, auto air conditioning, auto dimming rearview mirror, remote keyless entry, driver information center

Offer a cloth interior or make both heated and cooled seat standard.