Used 2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Buick Lesabre - Consumer Reviews

2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Most Helpful|
AC control issues
By Nick

2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 LeSabre last year, and I have to say I am very happy with the vehicle. Getting about 28 mpg overall. ABS and Trac Control features are excellent. Have had issues with the climate control. It doesnt seem to work efficiently. The dual zone control doesnt really give you a big difference from driver to passenger. GM needs to look at this and find out what the issue is.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride like a Cadillac!

Suggested Improvements

Investigate the Auto Climate control system.I know that there is something wrong with it , but it throws no failure codes!

An ok car
By DMCnTN

2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought in fall of 2008 at car lot that deals in high mileage vehicles that look ok. Had 106000 intially. I've added about 15000. Gas mileage on interstate = 31 mpg. good power. comfortable for trip. Negatives are AC sometimes blow hot air on driver side and cold air on passenger. Also, hard shift every few days (1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd). Guesstimate from dealer on repairing both problems = 900 bucks. Two front chrome mag wheels leak air around the rim unless you get tire store to sand and goop up the rim. Overall car is good transportation given that I gave $5100 for a 4 year old car. Our 2 Hondas have been much more trouble free (everything works right)over 300k miles on those 2 together.

Favorite Features

radio controls on steering wheel, gas mileage, acceleration; more comfortable to drive on trip than our 2 Hondas. Hondas will paralyze my back and hip in about 50 miles.

Suggested Improvements

Improve reliability of AC controls, shift control of transmission. Even with mentioned problems, I like this car.

Bad GM
By nomorgm

2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Nothing good to say except the seats are comfortable. Other than that its a money pit. Replaced window regulators, heater core, thermostat and the motor runs bad with no computer codes and engine diagnostics show fine. Gas milage is 26 at best. Motor lacks power to be one of GMs best.

Favorite Features

comfy ride

Suggested Improvements

more hp, better quality control and parts.

Better Made Jag / Everything a Caddy Is
By Happy in Texas

2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Fanastic vehicle, well made and fun to drive. Also dealer offered easy and painless car buying transaction. Has the curvy looks of a Jag and all the features found in a Cadillac for $20,000 less!!

Favorite Features

Bought with Grand Touring Package, makes for great handling/ride. Interior very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Center console would have been a nice to have as well as an available V-8. On wish list for next new Buick.

JUNK
By hcrobie

2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a lesabre a few years ago, it was used so I didn't expect it to be in perfect condition but it was in pretty good condition none the less. After driving it for only a couple of months the transmission started acting up so I took it in. The transmission had to be replaced and they actually had to install it twice because the first one was "defective". Two years later and only 50,000 miles later I had to have the transmission replaced again. It seems as though the transmissions they chose to install in this model are just expensive junk. Other little things have been breaking down since then, ball joints, blower motor for the heat ect.

Favorite Features

Spacious