Used 2004 Buick LeSabre Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

First Try!
By Harlean Nutt

Reliable. Worth considering.

best car I ever owned.
By Chris

2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Second owner, bought this car in 2009 with 55000 miles. Vehicle is extremely comfortable to ride in and loaded with a ton of great features. My favorite features were the seats, heated and adjustable enough to accommodate a driver with very long legs and a short torso, a problem I've had in all other vehicles was getting comfortable on a long drive. Front bench seating is easier to keep clean than a center console. Interior features were well ahead of its time and comparable to expensive luxury vehicles of the same age. Even with rust and being beaten half to death by being stored outside in one of the worst northern climates in the states and not cared for very well, the paint hasn't faded or lost its gloss she still turns heads with classic styling and a blue soft top. Car handled better through some really nasty winters with cheap all weathers than my old Jeep with snow tires. Vehicle was a steal at $12000. I got my money out of her, and I'm very sad to see her go. Car needs significant work any vehicle would after going through what she's been through, but the vehicle is still solid beyond my expectations and capable of another 60000 miles at least.

This is a great low maintenance vehicle perfect for a family, and would be a good choice for a winter rat. Gas mileage isn't great, but decent for a full size sedan. My only complaints is that the gear shifts are kind of laggy, sometimes it'll hard shift. GM's 3.8 is a tried and true engine, but the four speed transmission makes for a boring ride. Car handles well and is easy to maneuver but the suspension feels a little rough on highways. Dash lights, passenger climate control, and one of the heated seats burnt out. The only repairs I had in seven years besides standard maintenance and rust related repairs were a blower motor going ($200 with a used motor), an ignition problem (estimated $75), an EVAP leak that has engine light on, and a small coolant leak ($180).

JUNK
By hcrobie

2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a lesabre a few years ago, it was used so I didn't expect it to be in perfect condition but it was in pretty good condition none the less. After driving it for only a couple of months the transmission started acting up so I took it in. The transmission had to be replaced and they actually had to install it twice because the first one was "defective". Two years later and only 50,000 miles later I had to have the transmission replaced again. It seems as though the transmissions they chose to install in this model are just expensive junk. Other little things have been breaking down since then, ball joints, blower motor for the heat ect.

Spacious

The Money Pit
By almc224

2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I many years in driving cars and working with the, I've never seen a money pit like the Buick LaSaber. It has caught on fire three times.
while I'm driving on the freeway. No accessories can be used or you will have to run for your life. We've been always a Buick fan...until now. Never again will we buy, rent, or as to lend a Buick. GM...RIP.

Non

Discontinue it

Buick LaSabre LTD
By Chuck

2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My 2004 Buick LaSabre LTD is a nice car overall. It has a very nice ride and very good gas mileage (29-31 MPG Highway). My biggest complaint are the split-bench leather seats. After 2 to 2.5 hours in the seat your rear end gets mighty sore. You wouldn't think so when you first sit down on the seat as it is well padded. I had trouble with the dual climate control system. The driver's side quit working and was cycling hot air-cold air-hot air, etc. The car drives nice going straight but very poor at any kind of spirited handling. I find the car rather boring to drive but my wife likes it as it is really her car to drive. The LaSabre is a well equipped car with power everything.

Satelite radio, & stereo sound system; styling; gas mileage with 3.8 V6 engine

Better seats for long distance driving; more head room clearance when getting in and out of the driver & passenger front doors; more powerful engine (300HP would be nice)