Used 2004 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Buick Lesabre - Consumer Reviews

2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Bad GM
By nomorgm

2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Nothing good to say except the seats are comfortable. Other than that its a money pit. Replaced window regulators, heater core, thermostat and the motor runs bad with no computer codes and engine diagnostics show fine. Gas milage is 26 at best. Motor lacks power to be one of GMs best.

Favorite Features

comfy ride

Suggested Improvements

more hp, better quality control and parts.

Not bad for THIRD hand car
By ty

2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Not the prettiest design, but not completely horrible. Just a simple blue collar (as my boss likes to say) car. Because it's an American car, the used car price was better than buying a comparable but smaller Japanese family sedan. Only some minor problems, which I expect from American cars. The dash and radio console looked like it hasn't been updated since 1985. I saw a 2004 Honda Accord with more modern design. The driver side speaker blew out after a month I owned it. And a month later the gas gauge stopped working so I have to estimate when to fill up gas. No big deal. I will drive this car into the ground. As long as it keeps running I'm happy.

Favorite Features

Good ride, good interior space, good trunk space. Outdated V6 but very strong and my mechanic says very reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Well they don't make this model anymore so I'm sure they've made improvements in the Lucerne (the LeSabre's replacement).

An ok car
By DMCnTN

2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought in fall of 2008 at car lot that deals in high mileage vehicles that look ok. Had 106000 intially. I've added about 15000. Gas mileage on interstate = 31 mpg. good power. comfortable for trip. Negatives are AC sometimes blow hot air on driver side and cold air on passenger. Also, hard shift every few days (1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd). Guesstimate from dealer on repairing both problems = 900 bucks. Two front chrome mag wheels leak air around the rim unless you get tire store to sand and goop up the rim. Overall car is good transportation given that I gave $5100 for a 4 year old car. Our 2 Hondas have been much more trouble free (everything works right)over 300k miles on those 2 together.

Favorite Features

radio controls on steering wheel, gas mileage, acceleration; more comfortable to drive on trip than our 2 Hondas. Hondas will paralyze my back and hip in about 50 miles.

Suggested Improvements

Improve reliability of AC controls, shift control of transmission. Even with mentioned problems, I like this car.

I am impressed
By lewis

2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am a small car dealership owner and needed a car to go on vacation with so I grabbed an 04 Le Sabre I just bought with 54000 miles. Wow . The gas mileage was 28 to 33 mpg. I couldn't believe it so I checked it 3 times. I was right. the ride was fantastic. Im sold on these

Favorite Features

Gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

The custom was a little plain but at 33mpg I didn't care if the tires were round

Keeps on keeping on
By Elliott

2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

When I bought this car the main internet complaints were loud turn signals and loud fan noise on high blower. Four years of non-stop daily driving in city and cross country, that is still the only complaint about the car. It has every electronic gadget available and all still work the same as new; no repairs, no breakdowns! I have had no other car that has been this reliable for this long with nothing going wrong.

Favorite Features

Everything is automatic and the controls on the steering wheel make driving and playing with the toys safe and fun

Suggested Improvements

Dampen the blower noise and tone down the turn signals and tighten the front end.