Used 2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

JUNK
By hcrobie

2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a lesabre a few years ago, it was used so I didn't expect it to be in perfect condition but it was in pretty good condition none the less. After driving it for only a couple of months the transmission started acting up so I took it in. The transmission had to be replaced and they actually had to install it twice because the first one was "defective". Two years later and only 50,000 miles later I had to have the transmission replaced again. It seems as though the transmissions they chose to install in this model are just expensive junk. Other little things have been breaking down since then, ball joints, blower motor for the heat ect.

Spacious

The Money Pit
By almc224

2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I many years in driving cars and working with the, I've never seen a money pit like the Buick LaSaber. It has caught on fire three times. while I'm driving on the freeway. No accessories can be used or you will have to run for your life. We've been always a Buick fan...until now. Never again will we buy, rent, or as to lend a Buick. GM...RIP.

Non

Discontinue it

Bad GM
By nomorgm

2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Nothing good to say except the seats are comfortable. Other than that its a money pit. Replaced window regulators, heater core, thermostat and the motor runs bad with no computer codes and engine diagnostics show fine. Gas milage is 26 at best. Motor lacks power to be one of GMs best.

comfy ride

more hp, better quality control and parts.

Buick LaSabre LTD
By Chuck

2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My 2004 Buick LaSabre LTD is a nice car overall. It has a very nice ride and very good gas mileage (29-31 MPG Highway). My biggest complaint are the split-bench leather seats. After 2 to 2.5 hours in the seat your rear end gets mighty sore. You wouldn't think so when you first sit down on the seat as it is well padded. I had trouble with the dual climate control system. The driver's side quit working and was cycling hot air-cold air-hot air, etc. The car drives nice going straight but very poor at any kind of spirited handling. I find the car rather boring to drive but my wife likes it as it is really her car to drive. The LaSabre is a well equipped car with power everything.

Satelite radio, & stereo sound system; styling; gas mileage with 3.8 V6 engine

Better seats for long distance driving; more head room clearance when getting in and out of the driver & passenger front doors; more powerful engine (300HP would be nice)

Highway king
By uglybluedog

2004 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought car in DEC. of 08 with 49,000 and have completed 5 family vacations. Usually 1500 mile trip. This car has had nothing go wrong with it. Normal wear and tear and that's it! I'm proud to own this American made car. My Buick is the highway King. These cars are going to be seen on the road for the next twenty years because the 3.8 liter engine just keeps cruising!

durability