2003 Buick LeSabre Consumer Review: Back to Foreign

2003 Buick LeSabre - Consumer Review

Back to Foreign
By Leo on

2003 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Thinking Buick was one of the best GM vehicles and wanting to buy American (actually it was Canadian) I purchased this as my first new car ever. Two months after the time warranty expired (3 years but the car had only 29000 miles) I needed a new transmission switch. While fixing the transmission, the mechanic found an air conditioning problem (over $1000) then while repairing the air conditioning found an intake manifold seal problem (over $1000). The catch for partial "goodwill" warranty coverage was allowing them to perform the expensive 30000 mile service. It still cost me over $1000 and the transmission still shifed rough. Fortunately I sold it before something else went wrong.

Comfortable for long straight trips with good highway mileage. Having a friend with a LeSabre almost as bad as mine was nice for consoling purposes.

Improve quality control in the manufacturing of the car. Build a better product (dashboard squeaked plus all the mechanical stuff). While complaining to a GM rep I told him I felt sorry for all the complaints I'm sure he receives (and the dealership too). Improve handling - it's terrible on curves.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review