disgusted in Arizona
By disgusted in Arizona on
2003 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
This was our third Buick in a row. An '86 LeSabre we tried to wear out and couldn't, and a '95 Regal that was still going strong at 180,000 when we sold it. The 2003 replaced the Regal in 11/05. It had 34k, was in excellent condition, and bought from the proverbial "old lady". It is a comfortable, quiet road car. My wife drives it about 13k hwy mi/yr and pampers it. Trouble began in 1/07 at about 60k mi. Had to replace lft rear window regulator, then the rt one 4 mos later, then the lft one again 30 days later. 4/09 both dr latch/sensor assblys on rt side. Today the lft rear latch/sensor. Total so far $1245 for items VERY POORLY designed and built. THIS WILL BE OUR LAST BUICK!!
Favorite Features
3.8L V6. Good power and decent fuel economy (26.5 Avg) for so heavy a car.
Suggested Improvements
GM needs to support their product better if they expect to retain customer loyalty. My experience is not uncommon according to many mechanics.
By velika
on 07/11/11 15:54 PM (PDT)

I am on third Buick, one Regal in eighties, one LaSabre in 96 and one in 2003 and I am done with Buick. I am very disappointed with 2003 Buick LeSabre. Two years ago the rear shocks went together with the compressor and cost me $1100. Two months ago rear shocks and the compressor went again not even two years since being replaced. We decided to change the shocks with regular shocks to save money and I got ripped of by the dealer one more time. Beside having stiff ride there is a constant noise on the back like I have full trunk with empty cans. We found that the noise is coming from the chip shocks the dealer put. I have appointment with the dealer to see what can be done without getting ripped of again but I promise myself no more Buick for me. I like to help American car industry but not at my expense. I will give some foreign car company chance to rip me off, I can not deal with the arrogance of theirs.