Used 2003 Buick LeSabre Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Buick Lesabre - Consumer Reviews

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Great vehicle
By Mr. P.

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

No mechanical issues ever. Solid in all regards. Great mileage at 30+ highway 22 city, most bells & whistles.

Favorite Features

Heads-up display on windshield.

Suggested Improvements

Softer suspension like older Buicks.

Excellent Car
By lowhorn39

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used and fell in love. No mechanical problems whatsoever. Only problem I have with the car is the clear coat. It is starting to peel off all over the car and looks like hell. I will be keeping the car however and spending about $6,000 to put a custom paint job on the car. I plan on running the car well over 200,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Ride quality, heated leather seats, wood accents, exterior appearance, reliability, heated mirrors, and its low stance.

Suggested Improvements

Better paint job and a V8.

Some dissapointment
By Bob

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it used. Great gas mileage as an average for its weight. Nice ride. Loaded with options. Great red color and chrome wheels. This will be the second time I have to replace the motor mounts. I now have 96000 miles on it. My 97 buick had the motor mounts replaced three times. I had to replaced the frozen rear gas shocks. Recently had both wheel axle seals replace was leaking grease. Just recently had both front axles replaced. Its again in the shop for motor mounts. Oh yes the seat heater does not work. Blower motor is going out. Just ordered another one. Other than that I do like the car but may not buy a buick again. GM toughen up the motor mounts i can handle less smoothness.

Favorite Features

gas mileage and comfortable ride when traveling long distances.

Suggested Improvements

Improve design and buy more reliable parts. Don't take short cuts on intake manifold, I believe its next to go bad on my car. Plastic warps...always..

Unhappy
By Unhappy

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased by 2003 Buick new. At 52,000 miles the stability system is totally gone. My outside driver's mirror is fogging up on the inside (I have the type that automatticaly goes from day to night plus it's heated). My heated seat doesn't work. Half the lights in my dash are out. On the way home from our cottage, my radio and air conditioner just cut out by themselves. (I was able to turn them back on.) My dashboard lights dim. My two-tone leather seat split at a seam (very rarely to I have anyone in back). I'm so upset with the car I'm trading it in for a Toyota. When American cars start being built to last, I'll consider one again. This was our seventh GM product.

2003 Buick LaSabre
By LCB

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased the 2003 LeSabre with 74,000 miles on it. It is a great car with a lot of features, however, there is a problem with the air suspension that I thought the dealer had repaired, but after driving it while the suspension is still not right. I'm going to see if I can change the suspension to a non-air to see if this will work. Other than that the ride is great and a love the way the engine sounds.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the passenger side mirror that tilts when you back up to show how close you are to the curb.

Suggested Improvements

To have better suspension on the vehicle as repairs can be expensive.