Used 2003 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Buick Lesabre - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

2003 lesabre reliability
By jarhead61

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The only repair's I've required is to replace two motor mounts on the left front. My heating system is not working properly. When it is very warm on the drivers side, it tends to be cool on the passenger side but was told that it is a $600.00 expense to repair. It is not a serious matter so I have no intention on fixing the situation. 115,000 miles on the car 31,000 miles on the current tires and still it does not require a Front End Alignment. This car has never had one! Love the rascal.

Favorite Features

Reliatiblity. Good gas mileage Dependability

Suggested Improvements

Being that I've had to replace two motor mounts, it's possible there is a flaw in the connection.

Buicks with low miles
By andreamoo

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

There are tons of these cars with low miles out there. I looked at this site religiously when doing research so decided to pass along info for others. Bought a top of the line Celebration edition with gran touring package and every other option for $7500, with 44,000 miles. The tires and brakes are original. The only thing that does not work is the seat warmer on the drivers side. I am 6' and the seats are too short and too cushy. The upper manifold leak had already been fixed by the previous owner. I get 27 mpg country driving (55 mph, little stopping) and 21 or 22 in the city. A good value, huge trunk, the car heats up quick, defrosts quicker, is smooth riding and kinda floaty.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, leather, stereo, steering column stereo controls, shiny exterior paint.

Suggested Improvements

Better seat support. Even with all the adjustments I can make it is still hard on my back.

my favorite car to date
By carrjm13

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

upon my purchase, I've very pleased with the car. I'm the third owner and currently the car has 147,826 miles with no reports of dissatisfaction. I accumulate about 66 miles on average in daily usage and get a very respectable 28.0 mpg city/hwy. No rattles/squeaks to report and amazingly, all original equipment work without flaws. Even the leather upholstery has remained soft and no cracks/tears. I have a few minor grips; the lighting in the engine bay and trunk is very dim, and after so many years, the moulding of the rt. side of dashboard and lt. side has separated due to hot interior, attributed to no ventilation. I've leave windows cracked open and the separation has ceased.

Favorite Features

The tu-tone taupe interior matches the bronze exterior beautifully, the automatic dimming review mirror is a nice touch, as well as cassette/CD player.How about

Suggested Improvements

How about blue backlighting for the switch gear/dash lighting and reintroduce some fresh interior color combos. I never understood why such bland colors were ever selected A stronger brake system would add more secure driving experience.

Now its 2010
By jessie

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've been relatively satisfied with my LeSabre which had 21,000 miles on it at purchase. Nothing rides like a LeSabre and its got get up and go. The rounded trunk makes backing up deceptive. I'm 3 ft further away than I think consistently. Heater takes too long & I'm at my destination before the car is comfortably warm... 15-20 minutes on a 28 degree day. The car has just turned 43,000 miles and the A/C went out. Mechanic called today and has to replace the condenser @ $426.00, due to a leak. Suburban driving gas mpg is lousy even for a big car 15-16 mpg. Great expressway mpg, 30-33 mpg. Tuned correctly, the LeSabre has a great radio and speakers are of Bose quality.

Favorite Features

The velvet ride.

Suggested Improvements

Front passenger seat belt skimpy across the thighs. I read where Buick will give you an extender free of charge, but don't know how long that is good for. If its still free, it beats ending up in a repair bill if something is wrong with it. Driver side seat belt is fine.

disgusted in Arizona
By disgusted in Arizona

2003 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This was our third Buick in a row. An '86 LeSabre we tried to wear out and couldn't, and a '95 Regal that was still going strong at 180,000 when we sold it. The 2003 replaced the Regal in 11/05. It had 34k, was in excellent condition, and bought from the proverbial "old lady". It is a comfortable, quiet road car. My wife drives it about 13k hwy mi/yr and pampers it. Trouble began in 1/07 at about 60k mi. Had to replace lft rear window regulator, then the rt one 4 mos later, then the lft one again 30 days later. 4/09 both dr latch/sensor assblys on rt side. Today the lft rear latch/sensor. Total so far $1245 for items VERY POORLY designed and built. THIS WILL BE OUR LAST BUICK!!

Favorite Features

3.8L V6. Good power and decent fuel economy (26.5 Avg) for so heavy a car.

Suggested Improvements

GM needs to support their product better if they expect to retain customer loyalty. My experience is not uncommon according to many mechanics.