2003 Buick LeSabre - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:
2003 lesabre reliability
By jarhead61 on 01/20/12 17:52 PM (PST)

2003 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The only repair's I've required is to replace two motor mounts on the left front. My heating system is not working properly. When it is very warm on the drivers side, it tends to be cool on the passenger side but was told that it is a $600.00 expense to repair. It is not a serious matter so I have no intention on fixing the situation. 115,000 miles on the car 31,000 miles on the current tires and still it does not require a Front End Alignment. This car has never had one! Love the rascal.

Buicks with low miles
By andreamoo on 12/13/11 22:46 PM (PST)

2003 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

There are tons of these cars with low miles out there. I looked at this site religiously when doing research so decided to pass along info for others. Bought a top of the line Celebration edition with gran touring package and every other option for $7500, with 44,000 miles. The tires and brakes are original. The only thing that does not work is the seat warmer on the drivers side. I am 6' and the seats are too short and too cushy. The upper manifold leak had already been fixed by the previous owner. I get 27 mpg country driving (55 mph, little stopping) and 21 or 22 in the city. A good value, huge trunk, the car heats up quick, defrosts quicker, is smooth riding and kinda floaty.

my favorite car to date
By carrjm13 on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

upon my purchase, I've very pleased with the car. I'm the third owner and currently the car has 147,826 miles with no reports of dissatisfaction. I accumulate about 66 miles on average in daily usage and get a very respectable 28.0 mpg city/hwy. No rattles/squeaks to report and amazingly, all original equipment work without flaws. Even the leather upholstery has remained soft and no cracks/tears. I have a few minor grips; the lighting in the engine bay and trunk is very dim, and after so many years, the moulding of the rt. side of dashboard and lt. side has separated due to hot interior, attributed to no ventilation. I've leave windows cracked open and the separation has ceased.

Now its 2010
By jessie on 05/28/10 20:06 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've been relatively satisfied with my LeSabre which had 21,000 miles on it at purchase. Nothing rides like a LeSabre and its got get up and go. The rounded trunk makes backing up deceptive. I'm 3 ft further away than I think consistently. Heater takes too long & I'm at my destination before the car is comfortably warm... 15-20 minutes on a 28 degree day. The car has just turned 43,000 miles and the A/C went out. Mechanic called today and has to replace the condenser @ $426.00, due to a leak. Suburban driving gas mpg is lousy even for a big car 15-16 mpg. Great expressway mpg, 30-33 mpg. Tuned correctly, the LeSabre has a great radio and speakers are of Bose quality.

disgusted in Arizona
By disgusted in Arizona on 07/08/09 18:01 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This was our third Buick in a row. An '86 LeSabre we tried to wear out and couldn't, and a '95 Regal that was still going strong at 180,000 when we sold it. The 2003 replaced the Regal in 11/05. It had 34k, was in excellent condition, and bought from the proverbial "old lady". It is a comfortable, quiet road car. My wife drives it about 13k hwy mi/yr and pampers it. Trouble began in 1/07 at about 60k mi. Had to replace lft rear window regulator, then the rt one 4 mos later, then the lft one again 30 days later. 4/09 both dr latch/sensor assblys on rt side. Today the lft rear latch/sensor. Total so far $1245 for items VERY POORLY designed and built. THIS WILL BE OUR LAST BUICK!!

LeSabre
By S. Voyles on 06/22/09 11:39 AM (PDT)

Great car for six years with 79,000 miles

Got it used at a steal!!!!
By Mike on 03/03/09 11:50 AM (PST)

2003 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car after I totaled my Mazda Protege. This is the first full sized car that I have ever owned. Everything else has been a compact or sub-compact, so the difference is amazing. The ride is smooth and quiet. The interior features are laid out perfectly for ease of use. I can fit a car seat in the back and still have room for 4 people without having to scrunch. Once I got over the 'old man' mystique of a Buick- I fell in love with it.

Great gas mileage for the ride
By Mike on 11/27/08 05:18 AM (PST)

2003 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the car used with 27k miles, 5 years ago. The gas mileage is impressive, 25 mpg around town and 30+ on the highway, exceptional for the ride and comfort this model offers. I had to replace front wheel bearings, rear shocks (optional), and both rear window motors, not good but not terrible. I would by it again. Fine car that cleans up well.

Young man loves his Buick
By TONY on 11/02/08 08:32 AM (PST)

2003 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I sold my Buick Century, and bought my 2003 LeSabre custom. Hooked on the Buick comfort, style and great gas mileage for this size car. I'm 39 years old, and have heard that Buicks are for the older generation. Well I love mine and expect it to last a long time. The ride is smooth, no road noise and I get the performance expected.

Nothing But Trouble
By Dawn on 08/29/08 09:18 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The worst car we ever bought. 20 plus thousand miles we had to replace a wheel bearing, then a sensor in another wheel bearing that related to traction control, a motor mount support, a heater coil, two window regulators that control closing the windows and is not covered by ins,and now we think we have to replace the transmission. We have 69,500 miles on it now. At 40 plus thousand, GM did not give me any sympathy or help. They were very cold. Do not buy this car. Even the Svc Mgr at Buick said they have a lot of trouble with them. We have never had these problems even with cars with +100,000 miles on it.