2002 Buick LeSabre 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - power window regulators failed Lesabre

2002 Buick LeSabre - Consumer Review

power window regulators failed Lesabre C
By Richaw on

2002 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I like the car. Serious problems all 4 power window regulators have failed within a period of 12,000 miles. I replaced the right front myself, to the tune of $375.00 for the part only. Then the right rear failed, it is being held in the up position with a piece of wood jammed under the regulator arm. All 4 have failed for the same reason. They are running a metal cable over a plastic pulley wheel and using a plastic spool on the motor. When the plastic pulley wheel breaks the cable misalignes on the spool and the window wont go up. Any Idiot that designed this should be fired. The regulator that I replaced was the same design as the original. GM has lost my business for good.

Favorite Features

good engine performance

Suggested Improvements

window regulator design should be corrected. Cruise control on off button failed, wont stay on. My fix push in button jam a tooth pick in next to button to hold it in break of pick. On all the time, but it works. More than I can say for GM Engineering.