Used 2002 Buick LeSabre Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Buick LeSabre Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2002 Buick LeSabre Sedan

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

A deceptive piece of junk
By stevemay71

2002 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

They ride nice, they are quiet - when things don't rattle and stuff begins to rattle after only 65K miles. The dashboard, the glove compartment etc.
3800 Series II reliable engine? Not true. Head gasket replaced, 3 out of 4 motor mounts shot, mass air flow sensor dead, ignition coil (cyl 1+4) dead - all between 65K and 75K miles. Sunroof seal began to leak into the trunk. Heated driver seat broken. Several bulbs in the dash and steering wheel broken. Headrest cover broken.
Maybe car is nice when it's new but it does not hold up. Age or mileage gets to these suckers. If you're considering one, have it checked out very very thoroughly - then LOWBALL the heck on the price.

Engine is strong and quiet. Roomy. Big trunk

- car is NLM so here are the negatives: - mushy ride - fair with touring suspension - expensive to fix - trunk is too big as the expense of the rear seat especially when a tall person sits upfront - things begin to rattle - when car is loaded, load leveling compressor won't stop - no window pull up shade

Window Replacements
By Upset

2002 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

In the 6 years we have owned the car we have replaced all 4 window motors. This is not a cheap thing to replace. No one has been able to give us an explanation as to why this occurs. The car is garaged and no children to slam doors. The fuel economy is excellent but the money we save go into replacing window motors.

Fuel Economy, all the bells & whistles and the great ride.

Better window assemblies and motors.

Chappell's Buick
By Chappell

2002 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a most reliable car. Have replaced the tires and battery. The interior and exterior are in excellent condition. The car has been garaged since the purchase, and maintenance has been attended to regularly.

I love the heated seats, and adjustments and leather interior.

None

Best car we have ever had
By Drrodd

2002 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This Buick is the best car my wife and I have ever owned. We bought it new and have had zero problems. It is very comfortable, quiet and safe on the road. Neither of us can find anything we do not like about this sedan. I am serious when I say we would not trade it on a Buick Lucerne even up -- and I have looked at the Lucerne and test driven the car. We also own a Cadillac SRX-4 and we would rather drive the Buick.

Pulse windshield wipers, heated seats, powerful engine. Comfort, feeling of safety. Good looks inside and out

None

I love the Buick LeSabre
By Richard Nielsewn

2002 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I basically love the car and may get another one but the Lucerne does not have the telescopic steering wheel. I thought I was going to get better mileage, I get 21.5 miles to the gallon. I want better with gas prices being so high.

I love the automatic windshield wipers, the memory drivers seat and the on window display of speed and directionals.

Telescopic steering wheel, better cup holders and netting holders in trunk do not stay anchored.