2002 Buick LeSabre Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:
My LeSabre Story
By buickowner2013 on 11/07/13 19:09 PM (PST)

2002 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I got my LeSabre from a great-grandma who had stopped driving in 2012 and had put only 39,000 miles on it. Despite it's "fuddy duddy" image it has been a great car. Its very roomy, actually gets decent gas mileage on the highway (mid-upper 20's?) and makes for a good road tripping car. With the exception of one additional window that had to get fixed, and one that may stop working at some point, it has had no significant issues.

window regulators
By hmcculloch on 05/15/13 10:02 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my buick used,in 2006 and it only had 22,000 kms on it.while ive been satisfied with the overall performance of the vehicle.I ran into problems the last two years with the window regulators.First the two rear windows went and I had them repaired at $450 each one.These windows were never used very much so they could not have worn out.This yeat the front passenger one malfunctioned and that too cost excess on $450.00.The pats alone was $278.00.For Buick to state they have had no complaints is a bald face lie.It wouldn't be so bad if they had at least reimbursed part of the repair. That will be my last buick I buy.

My 2002 LeSabre
By shadetree61 on 01/29/13 07:42 AM (PST)

2002 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned many cars in my life, and this is definately one of the best. With just under 180K on it, I am now having to do the first major repair, an intake manifold gasket. I have read many negative reviews on this model, and would question how much care has been taken of the car. I have done regular oil changes, tuneups, brakes, etc. that any car needs, and this car has never left me stranded. I would buy another buick when I need another car without question. I wish they still made Lesabres.

A Lemon
By exbuickdriver on 06/03/11 23:55 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car was a lemon almost immediately after we bought it with 40,000 miles on it. In the first 20,000 miles the following parts needed replacement: plenum gasket,right drive bearing, and left drive bearing. All were expensive fixes costing $250-$500. Sensors wore out frequently on the motor. The MAP sensor and fuel regulator sensors were the last to go. While it rode nice, this car was poorly built and I won't buy another Buick Lesabre. I suggest reading the Edmunds reliability section before considering buying this model or any with the Series II 3.8L V-6. The garage bills far outweigh the positives on this car!!

Faulty window regulators
By Joe on 11/22/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I got a deal on this car used, one owner, only 30,000 miles; but the deal went sour after repalcing all four window units at about $600 a pop. Now my rear passenger side door will not lock or unlock (except manually) and the window will not operate. I was told it was a module that would cost around $400 to replace. I am not fixing it; I am selling the car. This well maintained car with only 66,000 miles probably has a lot of good wear left, but it is costing me money parked in my driveway most of the time. I am not going to risk spending $1,000 per door. Anyone hears of a class action, I am in!!

Window mechanism = hidden warranty
By Budster McMitchell on 08/19/10 10:43 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

2 of my window regulators went bad while still under warranty. The last one was not covered, $750.00 with labor. I read where lots of others with 2002 LeSabre had same problems with crap window regulators. This is obviously a hidden warranty, should be recalled, but it wasn't. For sure i will not buy another GM product for rest of my life. It is comfortable for my frame at 6'4" and 300 lbs and has never left me stranded, but the window regulators is a future deal killer as far as GM goes. I'm hoping my 4th window doesn't go as well..Another $750.00 ? The faux wood panels in the dash are horrific too.

Great Car!
By Doug on 08/28/09 12:50 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it new in 2002-wife's car. Didn't put a lot of miles on it but took it on several 1000 plus mile vacations and trips. It was a smooth ride, quiet and comfortable. It could have used a little more power, but the 3800 was more than adequate for what we used the car for. Had a few warranty issue when new, nothing mechanical, and the dealer fixed them all quickly and no questions asked. It was never in the shop for a mechanical problem. Traded it about a week ago for a Lucerne.

Window Regulator Defect
By No more GM for me!!! on 07/24/09 16:50 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2002 LeSabre Customer in April 2008 as a used car. My front right window regular went out in June 2009 and then almost three weeks later the back left side passenger window regulator went out. My car mechanic states that this is a known problem with this model year and that my other two windows will soon follow this trend. I contacted GM/Buick and GM/Buick seems to think that this part is fine the way it was manufactured and stated that they have had no customer complaints thus far. No wonder this car company has had the problems they do. Produce an inferior product and sell it.

power window regulators failed Lesabre C
By Richaw on 05/20/09 10:29 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I like the car. Serious problems all 4 power window regulators have failed within a period of 12,000 miles. I replaced the right front myself, to the tune of $375.00 for the part only. Then the right rear failed, it is being held in the up position with a piece of wood jammed under the regulator arm. All 4 have failed for the same reason. They are running a metal cable over a plastic pulley wheel and using a plastic spool on the motor. When the plastic pulley wheel breaks the cable misalignes on the spool and the window wont go up. Any Idiot that designed this should be fired. The regulator that I replaced was the same design as the original. GM has lost my business for good.

Window Replacements
By Upset on 04/11/09 10:42 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

In the 6 years we have owned the car we have replaced all 4 window motors. This is not a cheap thing to replace. No one has been able to give us an explanation as to why this occurs. The car is garaged and no children to slam doors. The fuel economy is excellent but the money we save go into replacing window motors.

1 2 3 4 5 next »