Used 2002 Buick LeSabre Custom Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Buick LeSabre - Consumer Reviews

2002 Buick LeSabre

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

My first car
By Emilio parker

2002 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The car has only broke down on me twice. Once because of the cheap plastic elbows. I replaced them with metal once. Second time because of intake manifold gasket, valve cover gasket (front) and tensioner pully. Cheap fixed thought but I love this car because in city I get 28.2 mpg.

grand dad car
By Anderson

2002 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

one of the best cars I have every owned have a 2000 with 396000 miles not done any work to engine

My LeSabre Story
By buickowner2013

2002 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I got my LeSabre from a great-grandma who had stopped driving in 2012 and had put only 39,000 miles on it. Despite it's "fuddy duddy" image it has been a great car. Its very roomy, actually gets decent gas mileage on the highway (mid-upper 20's?) and makes for a good road tripping car. With the exception of one additional window that had to get fixed, and one that may stop working at some point, it has had no significant issues. Of course as the car aged normal wear and tear started costing me as things started needing to be replaced.

window regulators
By hmcculloch

2002 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my buick used,in 2006 and it only had 22,000 kms on it.while ive been satisfied with the overall performance of the vehicle.I ran into problems the last two years with the window regulators.First the two rear windows went and I had them repaired at $450 each one.These windows were never used very much so they could not have worn out.This yeat the front passenger one malfunctioned and that too cost excess on $450.00.The pats alone was $278.00.For Buick to state they have had no complaints is a bald face lie.It wouldn't be so bad if they had at least reimbursed part of the repair.
That will be my last buick I buy.

My 2002 LeSabre
By shadetree61

2002 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned many cars in my life, and this is definately one of the best. With just under 180K on it, I am now having to do the first major repair, an intake manifold gasket. I have read many negative reviews on this model, and would question how much care has been taken of the car. I have done regular oil changes, tuneups, brakes, etc. that any car needs, and this car has never left me stranded. I would buy another buick when I need another car without question. I wish they still made Lesabres.

I love the stylish body, comfortable interior, decent gas mileage, and the 3.8L has all the power I need. (I have pulled a LOADED camper up mountain roads with ease.) As reliable as any car on the road.

Like any FWD car, the rear bank of spark plugs are a pain in the butt to get to and change. Aomw areas under the hood are a ltlle cramped to work in, but all in all, I have worked on worse.