Used 2001 Buick LeSabre Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Buick LeSabre Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

I Like Grand Ma's Car
By Eddie C

2001 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Buick with 143200 miles. Replaced Upper Gaskets ($1420) and Oil Pan Gasket ($220). Replaced LH RWM ($215). Runs Like New. OC every 3K. CV Boots wearing will replace soon. 172500 and counting. AVG 22.5 MPG City / 30 HWY

Auto Headlamps, Seat Memory and Steering Wheel Controls

18" Chrome OE Wheels [F480 on Lucerne]

Very Good
By Roseguy

2001 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

In 66,000, miles - a clunk in the drivers seat that the dealer fixed under warranty. No other problems or issues. The LeSabre is excellent for long trips because it is comfortable, smooth, quiet, and gets outstanding mileage for a car this size. I always get my tires "trued", and that makes this car even better.

Great gas mileage, reliability, quiet, comfortable and smooth.

I bought this car based on the features named above - not styling - sitll, it could look a little better.

Long Term Reliability
By telegraph

2001 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The car is good except for three problems. Both rear power window motors have died ($500 to repair if you want, each). Both 'wheel hubs' failed at 140,000 and were replaced ($2500), and the transmission, which seems to be the weak point, died at 145,000 miles. Otherwise, everything runs and runs and runs. GM used to have problems with the 70A alternator and the water pump - which died at 70K miles for the alternator, and about the same for the water pump. Now, both have lasted 216,000 miles and still going. Engine getting tired so probably will replace it this year. Car very comfy on long trips, get 30 mpg on the highway, low 20s in town. Wish they still made them!

If it wasn't for bad luck
By Gary Harvey

2001 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Thought I was on the right track with this garage kept low mileage Buick. Wrong, trans turned to dust and after spending $1,877 for a new one I'll admit I enjoy the car, just wondering what has happened to GM concerning transmissions? I have a 91 GS that lasted 115K before it needed a rebuild (and it didn't drop me at the side of the road in the middle of nowhere with no warning). Too bad GM doesn't warrant low mileage used cars.

Nice overall features

Bullet proof V6, transmission is another story and from a visit with the re-builder seems the problem I have had is not uncommon for this model Buick.

Fabulous Car
By Smurf87

2001 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my LeSabre in January 2008 with 95,000 miles on it. I was skeptical about buying a car with such high mileage but I just fell in love with it's design inside and out and the performance was not what I was expecting. It's the Custom model so it doesn't have OnStar, leather or some of the other features I would have liked. Regardless it has more luxury than I need. Handles very well in the snow and is a lot of fun to drive, especially on the highway. The engine is powerful, accelerates quick, and is very reliable, yet fuel efficient. Very comfortable seats and enough features to keep one comfortable and safe (antilock brakes & 4 air bags) regardless of the length of the trip.

Steering wheel audio controls, keyless entry, cruise control, concert sound II speakers & am/fm cassette/cd stereo, auto-dimming rear view mirror, power windows/locks/drivers seat, driver information center with oil life monitor, twilight sentinel. Lots of interior room, seating for six. Huge trunk!

None - All the added features I'd like are available on the Limited trim with the Celebration Edition package. It is truly an incredible car, I only wish GM would bring it back along with the Park Avenue, which they still sell but only in China.

• SUV