Used 2001 Buick LeSabre Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Buick Lesabre - Consumer Reviews

2001 Buick LeSabre

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

If it wasn't for bad luck
By Gary Harvey

2001 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Thought I was on the right track with this garage kept low mileage Buick. Wrong, trans turned to dust and after spending $1,877 for a new one I'll admit I enjoy the car, just wondering what has happened to GM concerning transmissions? I have a 91 GS that lasted 115K before it needed a rebuild (and it didn't drop me at the side of the road in the middle of nowhere with no warning). Too bad GM doesn't warrant low mileage used cars.

Favorite Features

Nice overall features

Suggested Improvements

Bullet proof V6, transmission is another story and from a visit with the re-builder seems the problem I have had is not uncommon for this model Buick.

Fabulous Car
By Smurf87

2001 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my LeSabre in January 2008 with 95,000 miles on it. I was skeptical about buying a car with such high mileage but I just fell in love with it's design inside and out and the performance was not what I was expecting. It's the Custom model so it doesn't have OnStar, leather or some of the other features I would have liked. Regardless it has more luxury than I need. Handles very well in the snow and is a lot of fun to drive, especially on the highway. The engine is powerful, accelerates quick, and is very reliable, yet fuel efficient. Very comfortable seats and enough features to keep one comfortable and safe (antilock brakes & 4 air bags) regardless of the length of the trip.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel audio controls, keyless entry, cruise control, concert sound II speakers & am/fm cassette/cd stereo, auto-dimming rear view mirror, power windows/locks/drivers seat, driver information center with oil life monitor, twilight sentinel. Lots of interior room, seating for six. Huge trunk!

Suggested Improvements

None - All the added features I'd like are available on the Limited trim with the Celebration Edition package. It is truly an incredible car, I only wish GM would bring it back along with the Park Avenue, which they still sell but only in China.

This isn't Your Grandma's Car!
By Babs

2001 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The only time I really replace a car is when there's an accident, or in 1 case, stolen. So, after my brother smashed my Oldsmobile, I went to my local GM dealership, and bought a 2001 Buick LeSabre. This is beautiful car to look at. The body is in great shape, no rust or dings. The interior is nice, and comfortable. The stereo is thumping. I have the Concert Series II. It really puts out a big sound. Definitely not for Grandma. I get great mileage for a big car. I get 31 miles highway, and 25 city. That's important now that gas is over $3 a gallon. This car is comfortable for passengers. It will fit 5 adults comfortably. I have a remote starter, for cold and snowy Minnesota days.

Favorite Features

Remote starter. The great sounding stereo. Mileage is very good for a big car. The 3.8 V6 engine is probably the most reliable on the market. Plus is looks great! Price was very good too. I also like Driver Information Center. Keeps track of so many useful things.

Need to know
By Peggie Schnur

2001 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Have enjoyed this car fully. Gives good gas mileage and is confortable to travel in. Nice color to keep clean. Leather interior which is easy to clean also. Large trunk space and tires are two years old. Tape deck and CD player along with radio. Heated seats and heated window mirrors.

Favorite Features

Heated seats when cold winter is here. Tilted stirring wheel. Can open trunk from the car interior.

Suggested Improvements

Good cleaning of the carpet.

A good Buick LaSabre
By Warren Rowe

2001 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My 2001 Buick LaSabre has been a trouble free car and very reliable. It has given me a pleasant comfortable ride. My next car will certainly be a Buick.