2001 Buick LeSabre - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:
Problem car
By J Roberts on 05/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

September 2002 - the front right coil spring snapped (cost $300). May 2003 - the thrust bearing in the transmission failed causing several other transmission problems(cost $2,200). Total miles on the car 48,000. I don't think I can afford to own a car that has this many problems with this little milage. The dealership did help with the cost but Buick said "tough Luck", we can't help you.

Great ,but....
By Jake02324 on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Took some work to get 2 newer tires,old 2 did not balance. Heater/AC fan beecame noisey, replaced. Rear passenger vent keeps falling apart, held together now with a block of wood! Both visor mirrors wiring crushed by mounting screws,blew fuses. Wrapped with tape fix! Window washer hose came off inside of wiper arm. All little?? things but poor assembly/design/quality! Hood fit is poor or is it the front fenders/grill?

Road Warrior Loves his Lesabre
By marlin72 on 03/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

If you put 25,000 miles a year on a car as I do,you want comfort to be foremost. I don't drive through the Apps at 100 mph. I do drive 250 miles a day sometimes and want reliability,comfort,safty and good gas mileage. It never cease to amaze me,why anyone would use a Honda as a road car. The facts are the Lesabre gets 30 mpg on the highway at 75 mph and I have a average of 26.5 mpg since the car was bought. This is my 3rd Lesabre and I usually trade at about 140,000 miles. My last Lesabre over a five year period cost me $1300.00 in maintance. This included tires,oil changes and all other service. This car is a great value and a well keep secret. .

PROBLEMS
By Metzman on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2000 used in July 2002. w/ 24,000 mi. put 20,000 mi on it I've had to fix or replace in 6 months: 4 tires, very cheap generals (shaky) 2 - power window units (there should be a recall on this from GM)very common problem 1 - fuel pump 1 - coil and a set of plug wires (not covered in warranty) very common problem with these cars. 1 - tranny cellenoid. + $60 re- allingment had to drop the tranny to replace the cellenoid. GM uses cheap electrical parts: Warning! * problems in the remote steering wheel controls. * warpping and leaking plastic intake manifolds.

SOLID CAR
By mgranito on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Great gas mileage for the power. Smooth, quiet ride. Handling somewhat sloppy. Sleek, classy look. Only major complaint is that seats are too soft for extended trips.

Excellent car for the money
By KevinGg on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Not much to tell except that this car was a great value. My 2001 Lesabre has more options, more power, bigger car with good fuel economy, for less than a Camry or Accord with similiar options. For a GM vehicle, it was very solid, no wind noise, and no clunks or rattles. i was surprised by this considering GM is notorious for their squeaky interiors, and cheap plastic parts. The transmission shifts smoothly, and engine has tons of torque. The only thing I do not like over previous models were the seats feel too firm. Only problem so far with the lesabre was the cheap tires that were out of round which came from the factory.

PROBLEMS
By golfman on 08/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the Le Sabre limited in December of 2001. Here are some problems I have had with it. Took the car to the dealership three times for "rattles". The problem still appears from time to time. At purchase time I insisted that General Tires be replaced as I have had many problems with them in the past. I was told I would have to pay hundeds extra to exchange them. Well 5,800 miles later and all four tires need to be replaced!!!!

CamdyCarmel
By Carmella Echo on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Buick SeSabre saved me from at least four accidents. One of them would have been extremely serious. There was a "pile-up" on a major highway (Rt 24 West in NJ and I was able to "stop on a dime" and avoided hitting the car in front of me. The braks on this vehicle are better than any other vehicle I have ever driven. That's eight different cars in my lifetime - and I'm OLD! (66) I feel perfectly safe in this car and it looks SOOoo Beautiful!

An American Beauty
By Rhino on 06/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

In a word, smooth. No mind boggling performance, don't throw this soft riding machine into curves with abandon; just drive safely and enjoy gobs of seamless power and shifting, and go for tireless miles of trouble free driving with outstanding gas mileage. So its what your mom & dad or grandma & grandpa drive? Maybe they know something you don't???

2001 Buick LeSabre Limited Scares
By ib on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I began to have steering problems about 1500 miles into my ownership of this auto. At highway speeds it would suddenly feel like I was hydro-planing or hit a patch of ice. It felt as if the back end wanted to go one way and the front end another and turning the steering wheel had no effect for a couple of seconds. They have re- aligned the tires and found one that was defective and replaced that one. This problem began after I made a hard stop, but not an emergency stop, and the "Traction off" light came on. No matter what I tried (even turning off the motor), I could not get that light to go off. They found a problem with a wire and the brakes. It still does not drive right.