Used 2001 Buick LeSabre Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Buick LeSabre - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Could be Worse..I think?
By carlover53

2001 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used in 07 with 55,000 miles from a private party that moved out of country. Now has a little over 82,000 on the clock. Within the first year, rear running light (big red panel light on right) and front left headlight went out within a few days of each other. Driver heated seat quit working (passenger fine), would cost nearly $600 to repair! Dash started peeling up in 09 above glove box, and a little have a half inch high by 5 inch wide hump in front of the steering wheel under the windshield. Would cost nearly $1,100 to repair! I'm just gonna glue it down and buy a cloth dash cover that sticks on w/ Velcro. SEE IMPROVEMENTS FOR REST OF STORY

Heated seat (passenger, since driver's doesn't work), sun roof, auto climate, driver memory, radio with casset and CD, 12 disk CD changer (in trunk), Heads Up Display, huge trunk, power seats. It's a nice roomy car for a 79 year old and a 16yr old grandson that just got licensed and he just loves it.

All climate control lights(when dark) except AUTO, OFF, and HEAT/COOL arrows are out,; good thing I memorized their locations. Radio preset lights 4 and 5 are out, Lights on outer buttons (Volume/Seek) on steering wheel are out(when dark),including cruise control buttons on bottom of steering wheel,driver preset lights(when dark)1/2 are out,latch to lock pass through into trunk broke off,so taped closed and peeled off when needing to be opened.Sun roof ring (thing glass slides on and wind breaker that pops up) broke,in the vented position just before it started raining. $1,800 to fix.

Never Again
By librarian

2001 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this well-maintained car used with low mileage. We had good luck with Camrys but wanted to go US. Nice ride, comfortable with lots of power. That's about the only good thing I can think of to say. We can't use any light switches as they've all broken - keep them set to run automatically and hope we don't need to change a setting-both buttons broke off. The gas gauge doesn't work. Over last two years, all four window motors have broken, the two in the back are wedged closed to save the $400 (EACH) to repair them. Whey do we need to open those windows? The fan motor broke in the hottest summer ever, saving to get that fixed. Our 1999 Camry has needed gas and oil since we got it in 2005.

smooth ride. would be smoother with AC.

Buick obviously went cheap on everything outside mechanical engine (lets hope, anyway)I have read of countless ignition and other electrical problems on all Buick models. These negatve experiences will turn a customer away permanently - and that is why US car companies are hurting.

Back to Buick!
By Tommy Gee

2001 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I had a Lincoln Continental which was a nightmare! I found this one at a dealer and dumped my piece of crap Lincoln and 3K for this car. It had 81K on it. This was a one owner car that was well taken care of. The Carfax was spotless and the car was dealer serviced. I have had great performance from the Buicks I have owned and this one is a peach! I am an outside salesman so reliability and comfort are a big deal. So far, So Good! Has all the options I love for long trips, and after adding satellite radio I'm very happy. The ride is a little stiff at times but a minor issue. And the cup holders are in the wrong place on the arm rest. Again, minor. Overall a beautiful car! My goal is 250K!

Power everything Driver Info System Clean exterior design Dashboard Layout Heads Up Driving feature(HUD)

Could use a softer ride over bumps and move the cup holders

Many problems
By Alan

2001 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought car from my mom. Had 14,000 when I purchased her. This was all the mileage it had after 6 years. After driving the car for 4 months 3 of the 4 power window regulators failed. I doubt they were even used more than 50 times. The power steering chatters on hard turns. The dash electronics constantly go out. The radio/disc player constantly goes on and off. The brakes are all chattering and grabbing. Had to replace all 4 tires after 16,000 miles. General tires are the worst. Put new Goodyear Assurance tires on and it made all the difference in the world! Buick is no help at all regarding repairs. I do however love the comfortable ride and great gas mileage. Its a great looking car.

Ice cold a/c. Great gas mileage, 32 highway. Comfortable leather seats. Large trunk. Self leveling suspension. Rain sensing wipers. Nice audio, when it works.

Better brakes, better electrical system. Buick needs to step up and warrant the failed window reulators since this is a large problem, at $380 per regulator installed its expensive. General tires are the worst, needs Goodyears all around. Self dimming rear view mirror was a mistake. Never works.

I Like Grand Ma's Car
By Eddie C

2001 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Buick with 143200 miles. Replaced Upper Gaskets ($1420) and Oil Pan Gasket ($220). Replaced LH RWM ($215). Runs Like New. OC every 3K. CV Boots wearing will replace soon. 172500 and counting. AVG 22.5 MPG City / 30 HWY

Auto Headlamps, Seat Memory and Steering Wheel Controls