2001 Buick LeSabre - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:
Could be Worse..I think?
By carlover53 on 12/01/11 20:24 PM (PST)

2001 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used in 07 with 55,000 miles from a private party that moved out of country. Now has a little over 82,000 on the clock. Within the first year, rear running light (big red panel light on right) and front left headlight went out within a few days of each other. Driver heated seat quit working (passenger fine), would cost nearly $600 to repair! Dash started peeling up in 09 above glove box, and a little have a half inch high by 5 inch wide hump in front of the steering wheel under the windshield. Would cost nearly $1,100 to repair! I'm just gonna glue it down and buy a cloth dash cover that sticks on w/ Velcro. SEE IMPROVEMENTS FOR REST OF STORY

Never Again
By librarian on 08/22/10 06:17 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this well-maintained car used with low mileage. We had good luck with Camrys but wanted to go US. Nice ride, comfortable with lots of power. That's about the only good thing I can think of to say. We can't use any light switches as they've all broken - keep them set to run automatically and hope we don't need to change a setting-both buttons broke off. The gas gauge doesn't work. Over last two years, all four window motors have broken, the two in the back are wedged closed to save the $400 (EACH) to repair them. Whey do we need to open those windows? The fan motor broke in the hottest summer ever, saving to get that fixed. Our 1999 Camry has needed gas and oil since we got it in 2005.

Back to Buick!
By Tommy Gee on 04/16/10 16:35 PM (PDT)

2001 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I had a Lincoln Continental which was a nightmare! I found this one at a dealer and dumped my piece of crap Lincoln and 3K for this car. It had 81K on it. This was a one owner car that was well taken care of. The Carfax was spotless and the car was dealer serviced. I have had great performance from the Buicks I have owned and this one is a peach! I am an outside salesman so reliability and comfort are a big deal. So far, So Good! Has all the options I love for long trips, and after adding satellite radio I'm very happy. The ride is a little stiff at times but a minor issue. And the cup holders are in the wrong place on the arm rest. Again, minor. Overall a beautiful car! My goal is 250K!

Many problems
By Alan on 03/24/09 11:51 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought car from my mom. Had 14,000 when I purchased her. This was all the mileage it had after 6 years. After driving the car for 4 months 3 of the 4 power window regulators failed. I doubt they were even used more than 50 times. The power steering chatters on hard turns. The dash electronics constantly go out. The radio/disc player constantly goes on and off. The brakes are all chattering and grabbing. Had to replace all 4 tires after 16,000 miles. General tires are the worst. Put new Goodyear Assurance tires on and it made all the difference in the world! Buick is no help at all regarding repairs. I do however love the comfortable ride and great gas mileage. Its a great looking car.

I Like Grand Ma's Car
By Eddie C on 03/11/09 00:06 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Buick with 143200 miles. Replaced Upper Gaskets ($1420) and Oil Pan Gasket ($220). Replaced LH RWM ($215). Runs Like New. OC every 3K. CV Boots wearing will replace soon. 172500 and counting. AVG 22.5 MPG City / 30 HWY

Need to know
By Peggie Schnur on 12/14/07 17:35 PM (PST)

2001 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Have enjoyed this car fully. Gives good gas mileage and is confortable to travel in. Nice color to keep clean. Leather interior which is easy to clean also. Large trunk space and tires are two years old. Tape deck and CD player along with radio. Heated seats and heated window mirrors.

Pretty satisfied
By lciancola on 07/08/05 15:44 PM (PDT)

2001 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my LeSabre since it was brand new. I purchased one due to the fact that my mom also owned one and has been very satisified. I've also been very happy with mine. The only complaint I have is that the ABS light comes on, and I was told the whole component in the wheel hub needs to be replaced at my Buick dealership. It cost about $517.00. I don't feel that this should have gone so soon, since that light went on a week after I got the car. I think that they need to improve their ABS system since my mom's car has had the same problem from the time it was new and hers is a earlier model. They're great, roomy, comfortable, and for the most part very reliable, but pricey to repair.

Flagship Quality at fair price.
By G. Rivers on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Proven reliability of the 3.8 liter engine with absolutely top shelf appointments. Why buy Cadillac with their history of seemingly endless engine problems when a top flight Buick gives you all the same creature comforts AND reliability. City or highway this car is first class luxury all the way!

It's the little things
By Jake02355 on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We had at least 8 little things go bad and 2 major. Lucky none shut us down or failed that left us stranded. Got to the point that it was going to need tires, brakes and needed confidence.Dealer was getting pushy about unnecessary service versus manual recommendations.

Enjoying the Buick
By jose gonzalez on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It has been wonderful to drive this car. Everytime my wife and me go traveling we believe we are "on the air" because it makes no noise, and runs very soft, and when I press the gas pedal it's like a jet.