Used 2001 Buick LeSabre Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Buick LeSabre - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

2001 LeSabre Custom
By prof_turby

2001 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 01 Custom 3 years ago with 100K miles on it. I now have over 165K miles on the car. In that time I have replaced 2 fuel injectors, 1 door seal, a fuel gauge sending unit, and a transmission seal. Total costs for these repairs was under 1K. This is in addition to regular maintenance. I can say unequivocally that this is the best buy in a car that I have ever purchased. I gave 5K for it and today the car yields 23 mpg back and forth to work and 28 to 30 on trips. The 3.8 V6 is bulletproof. Oil usage is 1 qt per 4K miles with 7K interval changes. Dependable, low repair costs, and low cost of ownership. What more could a consumer want?

Could be Worse..I think?
By carlover53

2001 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used in 07 with 55,000 miles from a private party that moved out of country. Now has a little over 82,000 on the clock. Within the first year, rear running light (big red panel light on right) and front left headlight went out within a few days of each other. Driver heated seat quit working (passenger fine), would cost nearly $600 to repair! Dash started peeling up in 09 above glove box, and a little have a half inch high by 5 inch wide hump in front of the steering wheel under the windshield. Would cost nearly $1,100 to repair! I'm just gonna glue it down and buy a cloth dash cover that sticks on w/ Velcro. SEE IMPROVEMENTS FOR REST OF STORY

Heated seat (passenger, since driver's doesn't work), sun roof, auto climate, driver memory, radio with casset and CD, 12 disk CD changer (in trunk), Heads Up Display, huge trunk, power seats. It's a nice roomy car for a 79 year old and a 16yr old grandson that just got licensed and he just loves it.

All climate control lights(when dark) except AUTO, OFF, and HEAT/COOL arrows are out,; good thing I memorized their locations. Radio preset lights 4 and 5 are out, Lights on outer buttons (Volume/Seek) on steering wheel are out(when dark),including cruise control buttons on bottom of steering wheel,driver preset lights(when dark)1/2 are out,latch to lock pass through into trunk broke off,so taped closed and peeled off when needing to be opened.Sun roof ring (thing glass slides on and wind breaker that pops up) broke,in the vented position just before it started raining. $1,800 to fix.

Never Again
By librarian

2001 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this well-maintained car used with low mileage. We had good luck with Camrys but wanted to go US. Nice ride, comfortable with lots of power. That's about the only good thing I can think of to say. We can't use any light switches as they've all broken - keep them set to run automatically and hope we don't need to change a setting-both buttons broke off. The gas gauge doesn't work. Over last two years, all four window motors have broken, the two in the back are wedged closed to save the $400 (EACH) to repair them. Whey do we need to open those windows? The fan motor broke in the hottest summer ever, saving to get that fixed. Our 1999 Camry has needed gas and oil since we got it in 2005.

smooth ride. would be smoother with AC.

Buick obviously went cheap on everything outside mechanical engine (lets hope, anyway)I have read of countless ignition and other electrical problems on all Buick models. These negatve experiences will turn a customer away permanently - and that is why US car companies are hurting.

Update of last review
By Doug Fresh

2001 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

14 months later, and now with 250,000 miles on this beast, it has still performed without a flutter from the engine or tranny. I can't believe this car still consistently delivers such solid performance at about 22 - 24 MPG. In the last year, I had to replace the two front axles at about 230K, the lower control arms at about 240K, and the master electrical control, but what can you expect with this kind of mileage? She still turns over every day, looks great, and the interior, except for the cheap door skin pins, has held up well. Too bad they stopped making them, or I would now consider buying a 2010 when I give this one to my son in the fall for his high school commute.

Gas mileage, solid engine/transmission performance

The door skins are held on with expensive cheaply-made crappy pins, the replacement window regulators are still too expensive,

Back to Buick!
By Tommy Gee

2001 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I had a Lincoln Continental which was a nightmare! I found this one at a dealer and dumped my piece of crap Lincoln and 3K for this car. It had 81K on it. This was a one owner car that was well taken care of. The Carfax was spotless and the car was dealer serviced. I have had great performance from the Buicks I have owned and this one is a peach! I am an outside salesman so reliability and comfort are a big deal. So far, So Good! Has all the options I love for long trips, and after adding satellite radio I'm very happy. The ride is a little stiff at times but a minor issue. And the cup holders are in the wrong place on the arm rest. Again, minor. Overall a beautiful car! My goal is 250K!

Power everything Driver Info System Clean exterior design Dashboard Layout Heads Up Driving feature(HUD)

Could use a softer ride over bumps and move the cup holders