2001 Buick LeSabre - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:
2001 LeSabre Custom
By prof_turby on 10/02/12 06:51 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 01 Custom 3 years ago with 100K miles on it. I now have over 165K miles on the car. In that time I have replaced 2 fuel injectors, 1 door seal, a fuel gauge sending unit, and a transmission seal. Total costs for these repairs was under 1K. This is in addition to regular maintenance. I can say unequivocally that this is the best buy in a car that I have ever purchased. I gave 5K for it and today the car yields 23 mpg back and forth to work and 28 to 30 on trips. The 3.8 V6 is bulletproof. Oil usage is 1 qt per 4K miles with 7K interval changes. Dependable, low repair costs, and low cost of ownership. What more could a consumer want?

Could be Worse..I think?
By carlover53 on 12/01/11 20:24 PM (PST)

2001 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used in 07 with 55,000 miles from a private party that moved out of country. Now has a little over 82,000 on the clock. Within the first year, rear running light (big red panel light on right) and front left headlight went out within a few days of each other. Driver heated seat quit working (passenger fine), would cost nearly $600 to repair! Dash started peeling up in 09 above glove box, and a little have a half inch high by 5 inch wide hump in front of the steering wheel under the windshield. Would cost nearly $1,100 to repair! I'm just gonna glue it down and buy a cloth dash cover that sticks on w/ Velcro. SEE IMPROVEMENTS FOR REST OF STORY

Never Again
By librarian on 08/22/10 06:17 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this well-maintained car used with low mileage. We had good luck with Camrys but wanted to go US. Nice ride, comfortable with lots of power. That's about the only good thing I can think of to say. We can't use any light switches as they've all broken - keep them set to run automatically and hope we don't need to change a setting-both buttons broke off. The gas gauge doesn't work. Over last two years, all four window motors have broken, the two in the back are wedged closed to save the $400 (EACH) to repair them. Whey do we need to open those windows? The fan motor broke in the hottest summer ever, saving to get that fixed. Our 1999 Camry has needed gas and oil since we got it in 2005.

Update of last review
By Doug Fresh on 07/14/10 08:08 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

14 months later, and now with 250,000 miles on this beast, it has still performed without a flutter from the engine or tranny. I can't believe this car still consistently delivers such solid performance at about 22 - 24 MPG. In the last year, I had to replace the two front axles at about 230K, the lower control arms at about 240K, and the master electrical control, but what can you expect with this kind of mileage? She still turns over every day, looks great, and the interior, except for the cheap door skin pins, has held up well. Too bad they stopped making them, or I would now consider buying a 2010 when I give this one to my son in the fall for his high school commute.

Back to Buick!
By Tommy Gee on 04/16/10 16:35 PM (PDT)

2001 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I had a Lincoln Continental which was a nightmare! I found this one at a dealer and dumped my piece of crap Lincoln and 3K for this car. It had 81K on it. This was a one owner car that was well taken care of. The Carfax was spotless and the car was dealer serviced. I have had great performance from the Buicks I have owned and this one is a peach! I am an outside salesman so reliability and comfort are a big deal. So far, So Good! Has all the options I love for long trips, and after adding satellite radio I'm very happy. The ride is a little stiff at times but a minor issue. And the cup holders are in the wrong place on the arm rest. Again, minor. Overall a beautiful car! My goal is 250K!

Great Car for anyone
By LeSabre Custom on 12/10/09 12:32 PM (PST)

2001 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car from the original owner. I have put 15k miles on it and love it. The car has 132k on it and sound brand new. The window regulators have had to be replaced but I did it my self and it only cost $75 per window. The car handles great in any weather conditions. I'm confident the car will go for 200k easy! Under the gas cap their has been some internal rust which is know for these cars. The design stinks if you are under 70. It is a definite "old people" car when you look at it but it does have some get up and go. I took a Lexus Rx 350 w/ no problem. Great Car overall

Buick LeSabre Custom o.k.
By Nellie Pratt on 11/16/09 13:20 PM (PST)

2001 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Downfall of this vehicle is all four motorized windows have torn up. Transmission has to be replaced. Continually reads low tires no matter what you do, change, rotate, etc. of the tires. Body of vehicle easily dents, especially on the rear bumpers, absolutely no leaning on the vehicle. Otherwise, good driving, good gas mileage. Good for older adults.

Nice car, except for electric windows.
By Joe H on 09/26/09 11:23 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Comfortable car, good milage for big car, 29 mpg on hiway 21 city. At 60000 miles, had issue with instrument cluster relays, would run battery down. At 65000 rear window regulators failed simultaneously. Now passenger side window does not function. Great car if you don't require fresh air. Hint- if you own a LeSare, don't roll down rear windows, good chance they won't go back up.

No More GMs
By JTack on 08/31/09 16:58 PM (PDT)

2001 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this garage kept car from my father in early 2008. He had to replace brakes and rotors at 19k. I had to do again at 43k, along with wheel hub and CV drive. $1,600.00. At 50k the left rear window would not close and the cruise control switch went bad. $500.00. ABS warning light comes on intermittently. Put 200k on a 1992 Camry with no problems other than an ignition coil and radiator. Cup holders are dysfunctional. I will not own another GM car.

No a bad car for American-made
By Doug Fresh on 05/07/09 10:41 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought in Jan 03 with 35K on it. At 200K in May 09, engine & trans. still runs pretty strong. With 89 octane, getting 23 -24 mpg. Good looking, roomy, safe car in a crash. Decent appointments & stereo. Wish the 3.8 was a little more responsive in the passing gear, especially on hills. They should have gone with a 5-speed. Suspension is mushy when cornering at high speeds or breaking on a curve. More of a luxury cruiser than a handling machine. 3 of the 4 power window regulators have died - $350 each to fix!!! Gas gauge went out at 150K. Probably my last American-made car. My 95 Regal and 02 Pontiac Montana both blew engines at 110,000 miles, holding my breath with this GM motor. Overall 7/10

1 2 3 4 5 next »