2000 Buick LeSabre Consumer Review: Electric Windows

2000 Buick LeSabre - Consumer Review

Custom Sedan (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Electric Windows
By Ron Dee on

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

My wife and I love the car for travelling, long distance and around town. The major flaw has been the high failure rate of the window's raise/lower assembly. In less than four years, all four windows have failed/broken at least twice and some three times. We have reached a point of being afraid of lowering any window for fear it won't raise. The most recent failure happened last week to my wife. She decided to try lowering the rear left window since the inside of the car was so hot from the desert sun. Bad move. Down once and it wouldn't raise. The little flip of the switch cost me $492 and change.

I like the space inside the car as well as the trunk space. The ride is very comfortable and driving long distances is no problem.

The electric windows need something changed but I don't know what. The high failure rate that I have had points to to reviewing what failed and why.