Used 2000 Buick LeSabre Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Buick LeSabre - Consumer Reviews

2000 Buick LeSabre

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

2000 Bruick LeSabre Limited
By Ron Roesener

2000 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

This has been an excellent car. I hate to give it up as we have averavged 25mpg and this is a full size car. The front wheel drive with traction lock is amazing in the snow. Living in the mountains of Colorado this is a must. The car has 193,000 miles. Yes we had to put a new transmission in at 170000 miles but it was worth it.

Luxury

I have never been able to keep the Styled Wheels clean. I have even had them steamed and the gloss was gone before that.

Great but watch window assembly
By smgbjl

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought my Buick new in 2000, it has been great for long trips as well as city driving. Having owned it now for 9 years the only problem I've encountered is the power window regulators which make the windows go up and down. I had to replace all 4 of them. They run about $400.00 installed. Thank God I sell cars for a living so I got a discount on labor and parts. Other than that one problem the car has been great!

The front seat is very comfy for long trips. And the back seat is nice and big for the 3 dogs I have.

Higher quality window regulators would be nice

Big Al
By Al H

2000 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

Bought this car at 1 year old with 30K miles on it. Great car. Still have it and love it. Except had to replace all 4 power window lifts, 3 under the warranty (thank goodness). Bad design. Understand newer models have a design change to fix the problem. Nice features and good ride/handling. Plenty pep. Also had a spark coil and motor mount failure at about 50K miles. But car looks great (still) and runs great. Gets about 22 mpg around town and about 26 on highway travel Would definitely consider buying another one.

Rain sensing wipers, steering wheel controls for radio & speed control.

Fix pervasive rattles in dashboard. Provide for easy replacement of lights in dash and door controls. Reduce sound from leveler activation. Battery under rear seat is a real pain. Provisions for jumping under the hood barely adequate.

EXCELENT RIDE
By Ricardo Jimenez

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

So far I'm happy with the car, the only one issue is with the heater/AC, I change the thermostate, change the temperature switch and in winter it take much time to heat,and in the summer I get cool air out of one vent and warm air from other, but beside that, everything is fine

ride, silence, interior design, 360 visibility

the heater/AC

OMG this car is the BEST! 2
By TheUltimateAuthority

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

UPDATE! See my original post 7/10/2002 My LeSabre now has 110,000 and it's 5 years later and I still have the same car. and it continues to perform! Great car!