2000 Buick LeSabre - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:
2000 Lesabre
By psheno on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great power and ride

Ralph
By Cschutz on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

This is truly an amazing vehicle. Foreign car makers should really be worried. This is a big car-I am 6' and 200 lbs, and am the smallest guy on our 5 man football officiating crew, yet we all fit and 5 duffel bags fit in the trunk. The handling is marvelous, especially given the pedigree. Just try to lose me at any speed less than 100 mph in any other sedan. And the milage, oh the fuel milage.On a trip to Jackson,WY, my wife averaged 38 mpg, this on a trip where the elvation was never less than 6200' and the speed limit is 65. I am a little(ok a lot) heavier with my foot, but can still average better than 32 mpg. Absolutely ridiculous for a car this big.

2000 Buick LeSabre
By Dawn00035 on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

This is my second LeSabre and I loved both of them. Comfortable and reliable. My uncle bought one because he and my dad liked mine so much. Will probably buy a third. Do hate the stigma of the LeSabre being "an old person's car."

Revelation
By John Wilde on 08/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

The Buick LeSabre is a revelation. It's quiet, comfortable, powerful, reliable, economical and attractive, a great road car but also an easy car to in which to drive around town. Even my thirty something daughter was impressed.

Electrical Problems
By Robbie on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

This car would be a "peach" except that it is very expensive to replace components when dash lighting burns out. Radio is sealed, and when the buttons no longer light it costs $300 to replace. Same for heat/air selectors.

Owner and chief operator
By Jan L. Jacobs on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

A Lot of wind noise when at speed over 50 mph Tough to read speed when Streeing wheel is in low position. Could use storage space on back of seats

Excellent
By Krissssss on 04/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

This is my third Lesabre (1986, 1990) and I have been happy with all of them and they have been free of any major problems.

LeSabre
By tryg on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

Great car...much underrated and reported by reviewers. Excellent economy, and a real performer at all speeds with the tried 3.8 V6

A great automobile
By BobR on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

This is an amazing car for the price. It makes better gas mileage than anything but a supercompact. It had no new car defects. It now has about 31,000 miles and has never had anything but regular oil changes done to it. Before this car I had two Toyota Camrys. I like this car MUCH better. They were gutless four cylinders, yet this more peppy v6 makes just as good in gas mileage.

Buick Lesabre Risks and Benefits
By Kern Barrow on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

I really wanted to like this car but it has some annoying problems and I would suggest the purchase of a extended warranty. Problems, Power steering hose had to be replaced$150.00 Heated seats malfunction,power windows $675.00,check engine light comes on,cracked o-rings on fuel ejectors,$100,rattles in door and dash and last but not least to replace any rear lightbulb 12 nuts be removed using a special tool!