Used 2000 Buick LeSabre Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Buick LeSabre - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Power windows
By Debbie

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

Do not ever ever think of buying this car. Power windows were cheaply made and they will all stop working. Cost is $400-500 to repair each window and that does not guarantee it will not happen again. Only fix is to permanently lock windows so they can never be used but how safe or logical is that? Apparently Buick does not care - never issued a recall because there is/was no safety issue. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!

a class action lawsuit should be started - just read all complaints online

Most expensive car I've owned
By Phylis

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

My 2000 Le Sabre has cost us more to repair than all our other vehicles combined over their lifetime. We bought it as a program car with 13,000 miles in 2003. Both front axles and a motor mount were replaced 3 years ago. Last year, it was a leaky fuel line, which only comes in the complete line that extends to the center of the vehicle. With 107,000 miles on the car, two tie rod ends, two struts and mounts, the motor mount and the transmission mount had to be replaced. It is back in the shop, today, for the 3rd motor mount replacement because the most recent one broke again. One back door lock does not work, and the motor in the front passenger side window has been replaced.

Exceptional gas mileage, inexpensive to insure, and safe

The motor mount is an issue for more than just the 2000. Also, others have had problems with the tie rod ends. The electric lock and window quality is lacking.

IT HAS BEEN A GOOD CAR
By Ricardo Jimenez

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought it with 40,000 miles, the transmission blow off after one month, it was replaced by the dealer and I just paid $300.00. After that, the heater was fixed, it was blowing cool air by the driver vent, it was fixed @ $700.00, the driver bearing has been replaced and after that, no problem in 3 years. I'm using synthetic oil and maintenance by the book, I drive 104 miles a day because of work. The cassette player never works

I'm getting 27.6 miles per gallon using 87 grade gas (the cheapest one) the drive is smooth, silent and quite

I would like the air conditioner cool better

2000 Bruick LeSabre Limited
By Ron Roesener

2000 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

This has been an excellent car. I hate to give it up as we have averavged 25mpg and this is a full size car. The front wheel drive with traction lock is amazing in the snow. Living in the mountains of Colorado this is a must. The car has 193,000 miles. Yes we had to put a new transmission in at 170000 miles but it was worth it.

Luxury

I have never been able to keep the Styled Wheels clean. I have even had them steamed and the gloss was gone before that.

Great but watch window assembly
By smgbjl

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought my Buick new in 2000, it has been great for long trips as well as city driving. Having owned it now for 9 years the only problem I've encountered is the power window regulators which make the windows go up and down. I had to replace all 4 of them. They run about $400.00 installed. Thank God I sell cars for a living so I got a discount on labor and parts. Other than that one problem the car has been great!

The front seat is very comfy for long trips. And the back seat is nice and big for the 3 dogs I have.

Higher quality window regulators would be nice

• SUV