Used 2000 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Buick LeSabre Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

It seized on the highway No warning lights
By Dwayne Selby

2000 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I got a great deal on this used LaSabre from a friend whose mom had gone into a permanent nursing facility. The car had only 120K miles and its oil changes every 5K. It died at 135K miles. We were on the highway doing 85 when there was an odd slapping noise, like a loose undershield. It got louder so, I pulled over and just as I came to a stop the engine died and seized. No warning lights or anything to tell me that there was something wrong. Steve's mom was a holy terror and witch. I guess she rubbed off onto the car and we caught the bad end of it.

Smooth ride and could seat 6 adults if needed.

GM should have been allowed to go out of business. This is the third GM I have owned (5 total) that had major problems at an early age. They need to adopt the methods of quality control that the Japanese or Koreans use. It is the height of irony that Detroit turned down Deming's offer to modernize their production with greater accuracy and efficiency. He then went to Japan and found eager and willing students there. I will go back to Toyota and investigate Ford before I ever buy a new or used GM.

Great car!
By carlover7055

2000 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

My mother purchased this car in year 2000 right off from a dealership as brand new. Then gave the car to me in year 2010 with 95,000 miles. It was in mint condition because kept in the garage all those years. The only problems we have this car is two rear power windows stopped working. (We did get it fixed) and fuel gauge stopped working, we had that fixed too. Overall it runs like a dream and my friends rode in that car wanted one because it was so quiet and smooth. I love this car and will keep it for a long time. Now it has 140,000 miles and still very dependable with good gas mileage on V-6 engine.

Wonderful car overall

I wanted Buick designers to put the "Buick Logo" back on the hood ornament just like 1996 Buick Park Avenue. I did add it on my car and it looks great! I bought hood ornament for $15.00 and installing it only cost me $25.00. I am a big fan of hood ornament and it should be an optional if other people does not want it on the car.

Still kicking at 210,000
By ryancallahan

2000 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

My odometer is sitting at 210,000. This car was well maintained. The only, and I mean only problem with this car is the power window motors. The two rear ones are burned up. Locked them in the up position. Other than that, nothing has been replaced, nothing at all. Just replaced the battery for the first time at 205k (as far as I know). That's it, most reliable car and engine I've ever known.

Power Windows
By dhughes216

2000 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

The power windows are terrible. I have replaced all of the regulators at least once. The drivers side was replaced twice. It's kind of a shame when such a nice car has issues like this. The rest of the car couldn,t have been better.

THE Beast
By Dave

2000 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Bought a 2000 Buick Lesabre in 2007 with 97000 miles on it. 3 years later it has 150000 miles. The car was still operating on the factory battery. This car is a horse. Cons, service engine light comes on and it usually is a air senson gone bad, which is minor repairs. People need to understand that when you buy a Buick, it is meant to be driven smoothly. This car is not to be driven like a Grand Prix or Monte Carlo. Once you get over 120000 miles I'd recommend getting your oil changed a month earlier than scheduled because it will always be a quart low. This is a very solid vehicle and I wouldnt hesitate to get another one.