Used 2000 Buick LeSabre Sedan Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Buick LeSabre Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Great car. Very solid
By Jason Waddoups

2000 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

This has been a great car. Purchased at 135k previous care unknown. Currently at 245k, runs and drives great. 22/32 which is great for its size. Rebuilt transmissioin at 180k, starter, vacuum hose leak, battery, tires, gas guage was out when purchased. Use trip counter for fillups. Dual climate system on passenger side would randomly stop working, then start back up again. No repairs done. Center console flip broken hinge. Of the 3 keys, two of the chips went bad and the car stopped recognizing them.

It has been a very solid car. Always starts, never left us stranded. The engine is strong and shifts smoothly. If is fantastic in snow and ice. Went through snow covered mountain passes every winter without problem. Does better than friends Outback and MDX. The ride is smooth and only the biggest potholes are felt.

I have never been in a car that rolls as well as this one does. When I take my foot off the gas, you can't tell. The car keeps rolling without the noticeable slowing experience in other cars. At 80mph, on a flat road, it takes about 30 seconds for the car to slow to 70. It is like there is no resistance. It gains speed on any and all downhills.

I never thought I would enjoy driving a Buick. It is now one of the top companies for customer service and reliability. Brother has a 2006 Rendezvous that is about to hit 250k and has been very reliable. Maybe I'll try the Enclave next.

Thank god we only inherited it!
By Richard

2000 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

We were given a 2000 buick lesabre back in 2008 by a family member that was no longer driving. It wasnt our number 1 choice but since it was free, we took it. It had about 50k miles on it back then. Now we're on 8 with about 105k mIles and this car is an absolute dog! Every interior piece that can wear out or break, has! The soft, dash top has started to lift up, on it's own! Then there's loose interior parts with huge gaps, acres of hard, hollow, cheap plastics, only two horribly designed cup holders for the entire car which are broken by the way! The two cup holders are put so close together that you can't fit anything bigger than two water bottles there. If you've got a bug gulp, you're screwed! You'll have to keep it between your legs and risk spilling it all over the car. The back seat passengers have no where to put a cup. But there's ashtrays in the back seat? That "wood" trim you see is actually hard plastic! The climate selector switch broke once. That's another cheap plastic part. Every window regulator has either failed or been replaced. The front drivers side has been replaced twice. The front passenger has been replaced once. But now (the window is stuck partially open) and the rear windows have gotten stuck a few times but have been fortunate enough to get them up. There is no permanent fix for this. The power front drivers seat works when it wants to. The seats are not supportive at all. The fuel level sensor dosent work and hasn't for years. I can't even tell how much gas is in the car. That's a $1000 fix. No way we're paying that for a car that's probably not even worth that. I thought that a car that's supposed to be an upper scale entry level "luxury" car that, the interior pieces and features wouldn't be so flimsy. But it is an American car through and through (bad quality). A Chevrolet Avalanche and Jeep Wrangler we had all had bad interior quality. The rear, air suspension has never worked right, still dosent work right and is costly to fix. Overall I have to say, the engine and transmission hasn't given us much trouble yet but that interior and feature quality is pathetic. No more american.

Great work car or student car 2000
By B burke

2000 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

It seized on the highway No warning lights
By Dwayne Selby

2000 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I got a great deal on this used LaSabre from a friend whose mom had gone into a permanent nursing facility. The car had only 120K miles and its oil changes every 5K. It died at 135K miles.

We were on the highway doing 85 when there was an odd slapping noise, like a loose undershield. It got louder so, I pulled over and just as I came to a stop the engine died and seized. No warning lights or anything to tell me that there was something wrong.

Steve's mom was a holy terror and witch. I guess she rubbed off onto the car and we caught the bad end of it.

Smooth ride and could seat 6 adults if needed.

GM should have been allowed to go out of business. This is the third GM I have owned (5 total) that had major problems at an early age. They need to adopt the methods of quality control that the Japanese or Koreans use. It is the height of irony that Detroit turned down Deming's offer to modernize their production with greater accuracy and efficiency. He then went to Japan and found eager and willing students there. I will go back to Toyota and investigate Ford before I ever buy a new or used GM.

Great car!
By carlover7055

2000 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

My mother purchased this car in year 2000 right off from a dealership as brand new. Then gave the car to me in year 2010 with 95,000 miles. It was in mint condition because kept in the garage all those years. The only problems we have this car is two rear power windows stopped working. (We did get it fixed) and fuel gauge stopped working, we had that fixed too. Overall it runs like a dream and my friends rode in that car wanted one because it was so quiet and smooth. I love this car and will keep it for a long time. Now it has 140,000 miles and still very dependable with good gas mileage on V-6 engine.

Wonderful car overall

I wanted Buick designers to put the "Buick Logo" back on the hood ornament just like 1996 Buick Park Avenue. I did add it on my car and it looks great! I bought hood ornament for $15.00 and installing it only cost me $25.00. I am a big fan of hood ornament and it should be an optional if other people does not want it on the car.