2000 Buick LeSabre - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:
Most expensive total repairs on any car ever owned
By mikomb on 01/05/13 14:57 PM (PST)

2000 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

We have put almost as much in repairs into this car in the past 10 years than we paid for it, slightly used. At 130K miles has had the following replaced: 2 transmission rebuilds, $5k. Entire front end rebuild, $1.2k, 6 window regulators, $2.4K each at street value, engine computer, $400, hydraulic engine mount, $300, UCV joint, $400, all new wheels needed, $600. Rusting is unbelievable. Car rattles peretually during acceleration, shakes horribly at high speeds. Feels like a 30 year old car. Dash is completely separating and folding up in front of windshield. Numerous other repairs. Interior plastic parts falling off. Of 3 Buicks owned, each one literally fell apart (rust, bumper, trans)

Been great, great motor & mileage
By Gary V on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

Bought this car at auction with 119000 miles. Had this motor in GM vehicles before, love it. Car now has 192000 on it, motor runs like new, average over 25mpg combined not trying! Bad window motors but replacements avail for under $50 if DIYS. Comfortable, plenty of pep,auto everything, next car will be a Park Ave with same drivetrain if this car ever stops, no signs of that happening yet. Air ride system in rear leaked and pricy to fix, replaced with air shock kit, still rides great. AC still ice cold. great car, just style associated with older generation. Recommend to anyone who asks. Hope the 3.8 V6 continues to be utilized, I am a fan.

Keep the windows up
By 01-20-2013 on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

Nice motor. good design but the window regulators cast a dark shadow on the overall experience. They are costly to replace but can be had on Ebay for a fraction of the cost. Loaded with comfort options and let's not underscore the exceptional mpg. 35mpg on a 400 mile trip isn't unheard of.

2000 Bruick LeSabre Limited
By Ron Roesener on 02/24/10 06:18 AM (PST)

2000 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

This has been an excellent car. I hate to give it up as we have averavged 25mpg and this is a full size car. The front wheel drive with traction lock is amazing in the snow. Living in the mountains of Colorado this is a must. The car has 193,000 miles. Yes we had to put a new transmission in at 170000 miles but it was worth it.

Big Al
By Al H on 09/12/09 12:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

Bought this car at 1 year old with 30K miles on it. Great car. Still have it and love it. Except had to replace all 4 power window lifts, 3 under the warranty (thank goodness). Bad design. Understand newer models have a design change to fix the problem. Nice features and good ride/handling. Plenty pep. Also had a spark coil and motor mount failure at about 50K miles. But car looks great (still) and runs great. Gets about 22 mpg around town and about 26 on highway travel Would definitely consider buying another one.

Nothing but Problems
By Duane Wright on 02/12/06 12:36 PM (PST)

2000 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

Car has been a problemn since we bought it. It rides rough after 52000 miles. Problems to date: Airbag cable assy @7210 miles Spark plug coil assy @20610 miles Tie rod assy @ 27,684 miles Power window @36,085 miles EKG valve @ 41242 miles Rebuilt Transmission @ 51,977 miles It also has other electrical/indictor problems that I will not pay to have fixed. New some one else that had transmission rebuilt at less than 50,ooo miles. And they wonder why GM is in trouble. We will not buy another GM product. I did not want to buy this when we bought this but my wife did & she is convinced now never to buy another one. See why GM can not warranty the drive train for 70000 miles!!!

Love My Car
By Anna M on 02/08/06 16:17 PM (PST)

2000 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

I love my Buick. It has so many features that it is a pleasure to drive. I have had only a couple minor problems but they were fixed under the warranty. I'd buy it again in a minute.

I love my LeSabre!!!
By llessure on 12/06/05 23:39 PM (PST)

2000 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought my LeSabre with 38K miles on the odometer. I've put approximately 10000 miles on the car and I am more pleased with it than ever. It is the optimum blend of style, comfort, performance and economy. It doesn't bother me that every other car I see is a LeSabre. That only indicates that the majority of people are as smart as I am.

My Big Bad Buick
By Family car on 03/22/05 22:53 PM (PST)

2000 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 2 1/2 years and have not had any trouble with it. It is my first car since having a van for many years and thought it was a great switch for a family car. The back seat is comfortable and plenty of room. It makes you feel safe and comfortable for a good price. I have had some lemon cars before, but I lucked out with this Buick (and I bought it used).

2000 Buick LeSabre Limited
By nexcen on 12/19/04 19:43 PM (PST)

2000 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

One of the most reliable vehicles I have ever owned. Maintenance has been due to normal wear and tear, and no substantial maintenance to date.