2000 Buick LeSabre Custom Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Buick Lesabre - Consumer Reviews

2000 LeSabre Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Sort Reviews by

It seized on the highway No warning lights
By Dwayne Selby

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

I got a great deal on this used LaSabre from a friend whose mom had gone into a permanent nursing facility. The car had only 120K miles and its oil changes every 5K. It died at 135K miles. We were on the highway doing 85 when there was an odd slapping noise, like a loose undershield. It got louder so, I pulled over and just as I came to a stop the engine died and seized. No warning lights or anything to tell me that there was something wrong. Steve's mom was a holy terror and witch. I guess she rubbed off onto the car and we caught the bad end of it.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride and could seat 6 adults if needed.

Suggested Improvements

GM should have been allowed to go out of business. This is the third GM I have owned (5 total) that had major problems at an early age. They need to adopt the methods of quality control that the Japanese or Koreans use. It is the height of irony that Detroit turned down Deming's offer to modernize their production with greater accuracy and efficiency. He then went to Japan and found eager and willing students there. I will go back to Toyota and investigate Ford before I ever buy a new or used GM.

Great car!
By carlover7055

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

My mother purchased this car in year 2000 right off from a dealership as brand new. Then gave the car to me in year 2010 with 95,000 miles. It was in mint condition because kept in the garage all those years. The only problems we have this car is two rear power windows stopped working. (We did get it fixed) and fuel gauge stopped working, we had that fixed too. Overall it runs like a dream and my friends rode in that car wanted one because it was so quiet and smooth. I love this car and will keep it for a long time. Now it has 140,000 miles and still very dependable with good gas mileage on V-6 engine.

Favorite Features

Wonderful car overall

Suggested Improvements

I wanted Buick designers to put the "Buick Logo" back on the hood ornament just like 1996 Buick Park Avenue. I did add it on my car and it looks great! I bought hood ornament for $15.00 and installing it only cost me $25.00. I am a big fan of hood ornament and it should be an optional if other people does not want it on the car.

Still kicking at 210,000
By ryancallahan

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

My odometer is sitting at 210,000. This car was well maintained. The only, and I mean only problem with this car is the power window motors. The two rear ones are burned up. Locked them in the up position. Other than that, nothing has been replaced, nothing at all. Just replaced the battery for the first time at 205k (as far as I know). That's it, most reliable car and engine I've ever known.

Power Windows
By dhughes216

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

The power windows are terrible. I have replaced all of the regulators at least once. The drivers side was replaced twice. It's kind of a shame when such a nice car has issues like this. The rest of the car couldn,t have been better.

THE Beast
By Dave

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

Bought a 2000 Buick Lesabre in 2007 with 97000 miles on it. 3 years later it has 150000 miles. The car was still operating on the factory battery. This car is a horse. Cons, service engine light comes on and it usually is a air senson gone bad, which is minor repairs. People need to understand that when you buy a Buick, it is meant to be driven smoothly. This car is not to be driven like a Grand Prix or Monte Carlo. Once you get over 120000 miles I'd recommend getting your oil changed a month earlier than scheduled because it will always be a quart low. This is a very solid vehicle and I wouldnt hesitate to get another one.

GM got it right with this one.
By M B

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

This car used to be my mom's but was recently passed down to me for College - free of charge. Our lesabre has been excellent to our family, giving us little problems through the years and shows no sign of stopping anytime soon. The V6 engine is powerful enough to get us from a to b smoothly and effortlessly, but the gas mileage could be better. For people considering this car: go for it. ours is now over 10 years old and has 93k miles on it. I know it seems like a car the elderly drive, but you're getting your moneys worth. This car has depreciated in value a ton, but its not because of the quality.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature about my Buick is the comfortable leather seats. I've taken really cozy naps snuggled up in the backseat, and while driving the seats are comfortable enough to keep you going the distance. Great speakers, steering wheel controls, large trunk, lots of leg room.

Suggested Improvements

we've always had an issue with the windows. They've been fixed many times, yet still they slow or refuse to open. We can only control it through the drivers panel, even with the window locks off.

Power windows
By Debbie

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

Do not ever ever think of buying this car. Power windows were cheaply made and they will all stop working. Cost is $400-500 to repair each window and that does not guarantee it will not happen again. Only fix is to permanently lock windows so they can never be used but how safe or logical is that? Apparently Buick does not care - never issued a recall because there is/was no safety issue. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!

Suggested Improvements

a class action lawsuit should be started - just read all complaints online

Most expensive car I've owned
By Phylis

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

My 2000 Le Sabre has cost us more to repair than all our other vehicles combined over their lifetime. We bought it as a program car with 13,000 miles in 2003. Both front axles and a motor mount were replaced 3 years ago. Last year, it was a leaky fuel line, which only comes in the complete line that extends to the center of the vehicle. With 107,000 miles on the car, two tie rod ends, two struts and mounts, the motor mount and the transmission mount had to be replaced. It is back in the shop, today, for the 3rd motor mount replacement because the most recent one broke again. One back door lock does not work, and the motor in the front passenger side window has been replaced.

Favorite Features

Exceptional gas mileage, inexpensive to insure, and safe

Suggested Improvements

The motor mount is an issue for more than just the 2000. Also, others have had problems with the tie rod ends. The electric lock and window quality is lacking.

IT HAS BEEN A GOOD CAR
By Ricardo Jimenez

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought it with 40,000 miles, the transmission blow off after one month, it was replaced by the dealer and I just paid $300.00. After that, the heater was fixed, it was blowing cool air by the driver vent, it was fixed @ $700.00, the driver bearing has been replaced and after that, no problem in 3 years. I'm using synthetic oil and maintenance by the book, I drive 104 miles a day because of work. The cassette player never works

Favorite Features

I'm getting 27.6 miles per gallon using 87 grade gas (the cheapest one) the drive is smooth, silent and quite

Suggested Improvements

I would like the air conditioner cool better

Great but watch window assembly
By smgbjl

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought my Buick new in 2000, it has been great for long trips as well as city driving. Having owned it now for 9 years the only problem I've encountered is the power window regulators which make the windows go up and down. I had to replace all 4 of them. They run about $400.00 installed. Thank God I sell cars for a living so I got a discount on labor and parts. Other than that one problem the car has been great!

Favorite Features

The front seat is very comfy for long trips. And the back seat is nice and big for the 3 dogs I have.

Suggested Improvements

Higher quality window regulators would be nice