2000 Buick LeSabre - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:
Great car!
By carlover7055 on 07/26/13 11:34 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

My mother purchased this car in year 2000 right off from a dealership as brand new. Then gave the car to me in year 2010 with 95,000 miles. It was in mint condition because kept in the garage all those years. The only problems we have this car is two rear power windows stopped working. (We did get it fixed) and fuel gauge stopped working, we had that fixed too. Overall it runs like a dream and my friends rode in that car wanted one because it was so quiet and smooth. I love this car and will keep it for a long time. Now it has 140,000 miles and still very dependable with good gas mileage on V-6 engine.

Still kicking at 210,000
By ryancallahan on 10/23/12 00:10 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

My odometer is sitting at 210,000. This car was well maintained. The only, and I mean only problem with this car is the power window motors. The two rear ones are burned up. Locked them in the up position. Other than that, nothing has been replaced, nothing at all. Just replaced the battery for the first time at 205k (as far as I know). That's it, most reliable car and engine I've ever known.

Power Windows
By dhughes216 on 04/30/12 14:15 PM (PDT)

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

The power windows are terrible. I have replaced all of the regulators at least once. The drivers side was replaced twice. It's kind of a shame when such a nice car has issues like this. The rest of the car couldn,t have been better.

THE Beast
By Dave on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

Bought a 2000 Buick Lesabre in 2007 with 97000 miles on it. 3 years later it has 150000 miles. The car was still operating on the factory battery. This car is a horse. Cons, service engine light comes on and it usually is a air senson gone bad, which is minor repairs. People need to understand that when you buy a Buick, it is meant to be driven smoothly. This car is not to be driven like a Grand Prix or Monte Carlo. Once you get over 120000 miles I'd recommend getting your oil changed a month earlier than scheduled because it will always be a quart low. This is a very solid vehicle and I wouldnt hesitate to get another one.

GM got it right with this one.
By M B on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

This car used to be my mom's but was recently passed down to me for College - free of charge. Our lesabre has been excellent to our family, giving us little problems through the years and shows no sign of stopping anytime soon. The V6 engine is powerful enough to get us from a to b smoothly and effortlessly, but the gas mileage could be better. For people considering this car: go for it. ours is now over 10 years old and has 93k miles on it. I know it seems like a car the elderly drive, but you're getting your moneys worth. This car has depreciated in value a ton, but its not because of the quality.

Power windows
By Debbie on 08/04/10 17:51 PM (PDT)

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

Do not ever ever think of buying this car. Power windows were cheaply made and they will all stop working. Cost is $400-500 to repair each window and that does not guarantee it will not happen again. Only fix is to permanently lock windows so they can never be used but how safe or logical is that? Apparently Buick does not care - never issued a recall because there is/was no safety issue. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!

Most expensive car I've owned
By Phylis on 06/07/10 14:23 PM (PDT)

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

My 2000 Le Sabre has cost us more to repair than all our other vehicles combined over their lifetime. We bought it as a program car with 13,000 miles in 2003. Both front axles and a motor mount were replaced 3 years ago. Last year, it was a leaky fuel line, which only comes in the complete line that extends to the center of the vehicle. With 107,000 miles on the car, two tie rod ends, two struts and mounts, the motor mount and the transmission mount had to be replaced. It is back in the shop, today, for the 3rd motor mount replacement because the most recent one broke again. One back door lock does not work, and the motor in the front passenger side window has been replaced.

IT HAS BEEN A GOOD CAR
By Ricardo Jimenez on 02/27/10 14:00 PM (PST)

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought it with 40,000 miles, the transmission blow off after one month, it was replaced by the dealer and I just paid $300.00. After that, the heater was fixed, it was blowing cool air by the driver vent, it was fixed @ $700.00, the driver bearing has been replaced and after that, no problem in 3 years. I'm using synthetic oil and maintenance by the book, I drive 104 miles a day because of work. The cassette player never works

Great but watch window assembly
By smgbjl on 09/21/09 14:58 PM (PDT)

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought my Buick new in 2000, it has been great for long trips as well as city driving. Having owned it now for 9 years the only problem I've encountered is the power window regulators which make the windows go up and down. I had to replace all 4 of them. They run about $400.00 installed. Thank God I sell cars for a living so I got a discount on labor and parts. Other than that one problem the car has been great!

EXCELENT RIDE
By Ricardo Jimenez on 03/20/09 07:12 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

So far I'm happy with the car, the only one issue is with the heater/AC, I change the thermostate, change the temperature switch and in winter it take much time to heat,and in the summer I get cool air out of one vent and warm air from other, but beside that, everything is fine