2000 Buick LeSabre - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:
Great car!
By carlover7055 on 07/26/13 11:34 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

My mother purchased this car in year 2000 right off from a dealership as brand new. Then gave the car to me in year 2010 with 95,000 miles. It was in mint condition because kept in the garage all those years. The only problems we have this car is two rear power windows stopped working. (We did get it fixed) and fuel gauge stopped working, we had that fixed too. Overall it runs like a dream and my friends rode in that car wanted one because it was so quiet and smooth. I love this car and will keep it for a long time. Now it has 140,000 miles and still very dependable with good gas mileage on V-6 engine.

Most expensive total repairs on any car ever owned
By mikomb on 01/05/13 14:57 PM (PST)

2000 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

We have put almost as much in repairs into this car in the past 10 years than we paid for it, slightly used. At 130K miles has had the following replaced: 2 transmission rebuilds, $5k. Entire front end rebuild, $1.2k, 6 window regulators, $2.4K each at street value, engine computer, $400, hydraulic engine mount, $300, UCV joint, $400, all new wheels needed, $600. Rusting is unbelievable. Car rattles peretually during acceleration, shakes horribly at high speeds. Feels like a 30 year old car. Dash is completely separating and folding up in front of windshield. Numerous other repairs. Interior plastic parts falling off. Of 3 Buicks owned, each one literally fell apart (rust, bumper, trans)

Still kicking at 210,000
By ryancallahan on 10/23/12 00:10 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

My odometer is sitting at 210,000. This car was well maintained. The only, and I mean only problem with this car is the power window motors. The two rear ones are burned up. Locked them in the up position. Other than that, nothing has been replaced, nothing at all. Just replaced the battery for the first time at 205k (as far as I know). That's it, most reliable car and engine I've ever known.

Power Windows
By dhughes216 on 04/30/12 14:15 PM (PDT)

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

The power windows are terrible. I have replaced all of the regulators at least once. The drivers side was replaced twice. It's kind of a shame when such a nice car has issues like this. The rest of the car couldn,t have been better.

Been great, great motor & mileage
By Gary V on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

Bought this car at auction with 119000 miles. Had this motor in GM vehicles before, love it. Car now has 192000 on it, motor runs like new, average over 25mpg combined not trying! Bad window motors but replacements avail for under $50 if DIYS. Comfortable, plenty of pep,auto everything, next car will be a Park Ave with same drivetrain if this car ever stops, no signs of that happening yet. Air ride system in rear leaked and pricy to fix, replaced with air shock kit, still rides great. AC still ice cold. great car, just style associated with older generation. Recommend to anyone who asks. Hope the 3.8 V6 continues to be utilized, I am a fan.

THE Beast
By Dave on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

Bought a 2000 Buick Lesabre in 2007 with 97000 miles on it. 3 years later it has 150000 miles. The car was still operating on the factory battery. This car is a horse. Cons, service engine light comes on and it usually is a air senson gone bad, which is minor repairs. People need to understand that when you buy a Buick, it is meant to be driven smoothly. This car is not to be driven like a Grand Prix or Monte Carlo. Once you get over 120000 miles I'd recommend getting your oil changed a month earlier than scheduled because it will always be a quart low. This is a very solid vehicle and I wouldnt hesitate to get another one.

GM got it right with this one.
By M B on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

This car used to be my mom's but was recently passed down to me for College - free of charge. Our lesabre has been excellent to our family, giving us little problems through the years and shows no sign of stopping anytime soon. The V6 engine is powerful enough to get us from a to b smoothly and effortlessly, but the gas mileage could be better. For people considering this car: go for it. ours is now over 10 years old and has 93k miles on it. I know it seems like a car the elderly drive, but you're getting your moneys worth. This car has depreciated in value a ton, but its not because of the quality.

Keep the windows up
By 01-20-2013 on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

Nice motor. good design but the window regulators cast a dark shadow on the overall experience. They are costly to replace but can be had on Ebay for a fraction of the cost. Loaded with comfort options and let's not underscore the exceptional mpg. 35mpg on a 400 mile trip isn't unheard of.

Power windows
By Debbie on 08/04/10 17:51 PM (PDT)

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

Do not ever ever think of buying this car. Power windows were cheaply made and they will all stop working. Cost is $400-500 to repair each window and that does not guarantee it will not happen again. Only fix is to permanently lock windows so they can never be used but how safe or logical is that? Apparently Buick does not care - never issued a recall because there is/was no safety issue. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!

Most expensive car I've owned
By Phylis on 06/07/10 14:23 PM (PDT)

2000 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

My 2000 Le Sabre has cost us more to repair than all our other vehicles combined over their lifetime. We bought it as a program car with 13,000 miles in 2003. Both front axles and a motor mount were replaced 3 years ago. Last year, it was a leaky fuel line, which only comes in the complete line that extends to the center of the vehicle. With 107,000 miles on the car, two tie rod ends, two struts and mounts, the motor mount and the transmission mount had to be replaced. It is back in the shop, today, for the 3rd motor mount replacement because the most recent one broke again. One back door lock does not work, and the motor in the front passenger side window has been replaced.

1 2 3 4 5 next »