1999 Buick LeSabre Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:
Best bang for the buck
By Randy on 01/26/06 17:34 PM (PST)

1999 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

This is my 3rd LeSabre, 1st was a custom w/ Grand touring, others were limiteds w/ grand touring. (I have also bought for my in-laws) the fisrt 2 went well over the 200k mark, and I expect this one will too. No, its not the most prestigeus car on the road, but is definitely a best buy! Lots of amenities, great ride, good handling for a large sedan (w/ GT), zero problems on all three except routine maintenance. Can't say enough about the value. buy one 3-4 years used, low miles, pay 1/4 the value of new ( about $7K) change the fluids and drive. Also an excellent buy for the college student or aging parent (make their day, buy them a Buick!) Definitely reccomended.

Don't buy this car it has a GM defect!
By Mike Naveau on 11/02/05 14:08 PM (PST)

1999 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I was schocked to see all the other positive reviews. This car is a ticking time bomb and GM knows it but won't do anything about it. It should have been recalled. They used a plastic plenum part in the intake manifold cover that melts. No getting around it! Possible problems include coolant leaking, head gaskets blown etc, all very labor expensive repairs that will cost in the $800 dollar range. I bought this car used at 48,000 and spent 600 dollars on that repair. Two years later at 75000 spent 800 on a head gasket. Don't buy this car unless you want to keep pouring money through the hole that will develop in the plastic part that GM won't issue a recall on.

Solid sedan - a Detroit success story
By Jadziasman on 08/21/05 19:45 PM (PDT)

1999 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Surprised was I when shopping for a used car in the $6000 area. Looked first at a Park Avenue with mucho miles and then searched for a LeSabre. While the styling of the '99 looks like a '79, the car gets me from A to B in comfort and hasn't failed me yet after 23,000 miles of highway driving. While this is not a luxury car by any means, it's probably one of the best you can buy for a six year old car. Decent gas mileage about 25 to 27 MPG year round. No maintenance other than the usual stuff (oil, filters, etc.) As to handling, well the big guy is a little scary around corners - oodles of body lean and tire squeal at 45 MPH. I would have liked tighter steering.

Fuddy-duddy -- no way
By Groth on 07/25/05 23:54 PM (PDT)

1999 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought this car on my 50th birthday and resent the fuddy-duddy image some people put on the car. It is reliable, comfortable in all seats, and easy to drive. I now have 67,000 miles on it and it still drives like new. The mileage is fantastic at 32mpg on the highway and 20 city. Most compacts don't come close. I like the LeSabre and it handles extremely well. It is a great highway commuter.

Comfortable, Powerful and Reliable = A+
By 68VW on 10/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

We "car-shopped" for this vehicle. Looked at and drove a variety of other domestic and imported models. Had never owned or even considered a Buick previously. The imports were too small and their rides too stiff. This car has a better combination of power, comfort, leg and trunk room and economy (a consistent 29-31 mpg on the road) than any other of many we test-drove. Our decision has proved to be a good one. It handles well,if not sportily. Only negative: wind noise at the driver's position moderately annoying at highway speeds.

Buick LaSabre
By Lila Finnegan on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

This is a great, low maintenance, safe vehicle for our family. I intend on purchasing another Buick LaSabre if and when this one has driven its last mile. Love it!

Nice car,typical problems.
By Plainhappy on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Suspension soft to an extreme,O.K.with me. Very good acceleration and fast tight-turn feel,perfect for on/off ramps. Security system with chip in key is a loser,the second place I was towed repaired it,over $300 total. Also a battery terminal was over-tightened and stripped out of the battery case when built,It didn'show up immediately and confused the security system problems.Xmission slipping in 1st@50000 mi.

Solid Buick
By MJM571 on 03/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

The LeSabre continues to be a solid made vehicle. I expect this 99 LeSabre to yield 200,000 miles without serious problems as have my previous LeSabres. Seating is somewhat uncomfortable. For long drives a lumbar support would be beneficial.