Used 1999 Buick LeSabre Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Buick LeSabre Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Think Buick
By johnasazi

1999 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

The best gas mileage for a car of this size! The gas mileage is better than my sister's Chevrolet Cavalier! Although the styling and seating may seem outdated, this is a great find! If you are looking for a car that has plenty of room for passengers and their cargo, this is the car. It is not meant to be a "fun handling" car. It is meant to be a very comfortable way to get from place to place with a minimum of disruption, which is quite important to some of us who refuse to drive like we are in a NASCAR race! See the 'Buick" emblem, and leave us alone.

Offer power lift and swivel seats for those of us who have a hard time with out joints!

Great car
By PYB1495

1999 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 140000 miles, the car car runs perfect and the fuel MPG is great. Smooth ride and strong engine. Before this i had a Buick Regal and sold it with 250000 miles and everything working well. i will buy Buick in the future.

roomie interior, strong engine, smooth ride

None, Buick is coming up with better desings

Stogie, but American and Great buy
By comfortable reliable

1999 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Paid $15,000 in 2000. Replaced transmission at 252,000. Now has 310,000. Yep!310,000 miles on engine that has had one ignition coil and two sets of plugs and plug wires. Just made a 500 mile round trip to NC mountains and MPG was 32.8. I double checked it twice. It is not unusual to top 30 MPG on trips. Bad mouth it all you want and I will smile and wave as I go buy at 70 MPH and 30+ MPG.Most reliable car I have ever Had.

reliability, comfort, and mileage.

Eliminate wind noise around mirrors, which they have already done.

225k miles and runs like day 1
By RJR

1999 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I've had this vehicle from inception and only given it the routine maintenance. Regular oil changes, tire rotations and a fresh tune up every 100k miles. I had the belts and hoses checked at 215k miles and all looked fine (all original). The interior has begun to show some age, but with the vehicle running so well and averaging ~27 MPG mix between highway and city, I continue to be pleased with the vehicle. I have aspirations of running this car beyond 300k miles.

3.8 L V6 offers enough pick up for my needs and the fuel economy is not much behind some of the smaller fuel efficient vehicles. Plenty of trunk space for trips as well.

Can't think of any.

One of my favorite cars
By Eveland

1999 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

This is a very simple car. It goes up and down the road and is very comfortable. It's not a quick or a new car but it's reliable and it's cheap. I found that you can eliminate most of the road noise that you get with a good set of tires. It's easily one of the best cars I've owned for taking trips.

Comfortable, cheap, and quiet

Maybe better handling but then we'd probably lose some of the comfort in the ride.