Most comfortable car in the world.....at a price
By bigboatlover on
1998 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan
I bought the car with 218000kms, fully loaded and aside from some surface rust on the usual LeSabre spots(near rocker panels) the car was immaculate. Now the car is at 236000km and the car has giving me the following grief: starter, left ball joint, serpentine belt, belt tensioner, and now a main seal oil leak at 236000kms! The car is worth the same at the repair job for the oil leak, i'm sorry by in 18000kms I have shoveled way too much into this car, the car has given me too much trouble after being perfectly fine 9 months ago.
Favorite Features
I have never, ever, sat in a more comfortable vehicle, the plushy leather seats make it like driving a lazyboy with wheels. Fullsize boat of a car with massive trunk space, and 6'0 grown men can sit in the rear seats comfortably. It its one thing this car has its comfort. The engine is the world-class 3800 Series II, a Honda mechanic will tell you this engine will go forever. No problems with the actual powertrain, the V6 does a great job as usually heavy American fullsize car have V8s, 205hp is not bad at all for a boat, the power steering is a dream. The actual body of the car is built like a tank and the suspension is like a cloud.
Suggested Improvements
The rust can be attributed to poor design. Rain, snow, dust, grime, soot, even leaves can find their way down inbetween your panel and the frame, you can even see the rotting junk if you open a front door and look down the where the door hinges are.