Used 1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Buick Lesabre - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Most Helpful|
Enjoyed my LaSabre
By P Howell

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I got a good deal on a two year old LaSabre. I wasn't quite ready to shell out the money for a new one and I liked the trim package on the 97(limited). I was disappointed that I had to replace the trans @ 70k but it was such a nice car I knew I would get my monies worth out of it.

Favorite Features

Body style, gas mileage (450 miles on a tank, highway), and SMOOTH RIDE.The way the moldings are positioned makes it almost impossible for someone to ding the doors.

Suggested Improvements

I have heard more than one person who had trouble with the trans and/or the air conditioning. Also the struts wore out a little early.

Pleasently Pleased
By Pleased Driver

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I love my LeSabre. I am so sad I have to get a new vehicle. After three years of having my baby I am so sad to see her go. For some reason she sometimes will not start. However considering how tough I drive and the abuse I put her through she deserved a break. The body is built wonderfully and strong. I have backed into brick walls, cement lamp poles etc. (all accidental) and my LaSabre, she kept right on moving. The car is sooo roomy as well and it is a comfy smooth ride. This is what all cars should aspire to be!

Suggested Improvements

I love my LeSabre but in all honesty, she stinks when it comes to gas. Ate my pockets dry at times.

1997 Buick Lesabre 3.8
By daylily

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I have owned my 97 Buick LeSabre for almost 6 years. It has over 236,000 miles on it. I get it maintained every 3,000 miles. I love it. I have done routine work on it. Replaced the struts once. It runs like a new car. Very nice ride and 28 city miles and 33 highway. I am not looking forward to having to give this car up. But I know that it is 14 years old now and will not last me forever, and hopefully when I have to get a new Buick it will be as good as this one.

Favorite Features

Great ride,good gas mileage, love all the features tilt steering wheel, power seat and windows, stereo radio, wish it had cd player instead of just a tape player.

Suggested Improvements

I would like it to have had cup holders, but the way it runs and as good as the car has been I am happy.

Comfort On Wheels
By Abatt

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I just purchased a '97 Buick Custom LeSabre with only 35,000 miles. I'm a big guy (6'5") and was tired of being crammed into my Toyota Camry (a nice car, but not built for large people). I've owned the car for a week now and hope to have it another 5 years at least. It's comfortable, roomy, gives a great ride, and mechanically appears to be solid.

Favorite Features

Classic body style; roomy interior, comfortable ride with plenty of power.

Suggested Improvements

The radio is a little weak ... and there's no CD player. Once I install a CD player, I'll have created "heaven on wheels"!

Bullet-proof
By Robert

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

Bought used from a friend with 227,000 miles and 11 years old. Now with 271,000 in Nov '10. All I do is change the oil ($10 at local dealer). Repaired a couple of minor things (rear springs and struts, front struts and both wheel bearings, rear defroster repair and auto A/C repair), but for as old as my car is, and with as many miles, it gives me excellent service every day. 14 years old, 271K miles, and I still get 26-27 mpg, YES! 27. No need to buy a new car to stretch your gas dollar; if you can find one of these late-90s in good condition with low miles, snatch it up! (would make a good second car in case your new expensive one your making payments on leaves you stranded).

Favorite Features

MPG, MPG, MPG Ride and handling Dependability and affordability Lack of required expensive maintenance

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any