Used 1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Smooth driving, quality car.
By Houston, Tx

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

Work, drive, and family vacation for several years. Did regular service maintenance and car responded with no disappointments and no bad surprises. Very satisfying car with excellent reliability, durability, workmanship and gas mileage.

Ride comfort, roominess, control features, huge trunk, gas mileage, exterior paint. I like the smooth, roomy, reliable Buick rides. Feeling of heft and safety without giving up gas mileage.

Mmmmm can't think of any. My wife thought it looked like an old folks car but I thought it looked fine myself.

One owner 1997 Buick LeSabre
By Christian Valin

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

The 3.8liter engine has been GM's best kept secret. Who would have known that such a large car would give such great car mileage on the highway? City mileage is average for a car this size. This Buick has been among the most reliable GM vehicles I've ever owned. It's too bad that this old fashioned technology is going by the wayside as Buick tries to attract a younger crowd. I'm in my forties but I guess my taste is more conservative and don't look for fast cornering cars but very comfortable and always it always feels like a safe car.

Reliabililty, highway gas mileage, comfort, low insurance cost, conservative.

Interior components should be more durable (decals flaking, center armrest replaced multiple times and under recall).

Things to Know
By BeSteve

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I have owned the LeSabre, for 4 years. I was disappointed that the Trans needed a $1500 repair. The engine had a tube that was in the cylinder head, that went out causing the piston's to fill up with water another$1400. The load leveling struts on the rear have been replaced and after 1 year, failed again. Gas gauge does not work after 105,00 miles. When using the AC, the vacuum will take several minutes before it will open the upper vents. Air blows to feet area.

Great ride. Great on gas.

I hope this will help others in making a smart choice when buying this vehicle.

Comfort On Wheels
By Abatt

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I just purchased a '97 Buick Custom LeSabre with only 35,000 miles. I'm a big guy (6'5") and was tired of being crammed into my Toyota Camry (a nice car, but not built for large people). I've owned the car for a week now and hope to have it another 5 years at least. It's comfortable, roomy, gives a great ride, and mechanically appears to be solid.

Classic body style; roomy interior, comfortable ride with plenty of power.

The radio is a little weak ... and there's no CD player. Once I install a CD player, I'll have created "heaven on wheels"!

Enjoyed my LaSabre
By P Howell

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I got a good deal on a two year old LaSabre. I wasn't quite ready to shell out the money for a new one and I liked the trim package on the 97(limited). I was disappointed that I had to replace the trans @ 70k but it was such a nice car I knew I would get my monies worth out of it.

Body style, gas mileage (450 miles on a tank, highway), and SMOOTH RIDE.The way the moldings are positioned makes it almost impossible for someone to ding the doors.

I have heard more than one person who had trouble with the trans and/or the air conditioning. Also the struts wore out a little early.