1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:
Bullet-proof
By Robert on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

Bought used from a friend with 227,000 miles and 11 years old. Now with 271,000 in Nov '10. All I do is change the oil ($10 at local dealer). Repaired a couple of minor things (rear springs and struts, front struts and both wheel bearings, rear defroster repair and auto A/C repair), but for as old as my car is, and with as many miles, it gives me excellent service every day. 14 years old, 271K miles, and I still get 26-27 mpg, YES! 27. No need to buy a new car to stretch your gas dollar; if you can find one of these late-90s in good condition with low miles, snatch it up! (would make a good second car in case your new expensive one your making payments on leaves you stranded).

Good but ...
By rtrm01 on 03/12/10 10:00 AM (PST)

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

Had 154K when I bought it, now has 206K and it has been the best car ever. I purchased for $4k, put over $6.5K into it. It is the best $10k ever spent. It has survived a couple of fender benders, and a front pass side deer hit. Drives straight as an arrow, never misses a beat, most dependable. As of late, it starts overheating, and when it reaches over 220 deg, it runs rough, sounds like it's on 3 of the 6 cyl. All fluids full,

Terrible Car
By Ahagy on 12/18/07 22:50 PM (PST)

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

This is actually the worst car I've ever owned. Since buying it I have had nothing but problems. I had to replace the heater, the air conditioner still doesn't work, the body is in terrible condition and doesn't hold up to anything. Driving in snow in it is a joke, steering locks up and so do the brakes so turning is dangerous and you're lucky if you stop. I'm surprised every morning when it starts up. It is definitely not reliable, not something I would ever resell. Because of this car I will never own another buick. I'm sticking to Dodge from now on.

Holy cow, what's your fuel mileage
By Victorius on on 03/13/07 19:00 PM (PDT)

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

Paid a little bit for a ten year old car but I love Buicks and knew when I heard the engine start it was worth the money. Had a mechanic check it over and he gave it a clean bill of health. Only three months with it but I've noticed that it gets well above 28 mpg on the highway. I had a Bonneville that got 28 on the highway and had the same size tank. Not sure of the exact fuel mileage but took the car on a 400+ mile trip and noticed the the gas guage drops significantly less for distance traveled. The car has at least 100 miles I can safely say longer range than my old '94 Bonneville with the same size engine. How that works? Ask Buick, they built it!

Smooth driving, quality car.
By Houston, Tx on 12/18/05 14:38 PM (PST)

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

Work, drive, and family vacation for several years. Did regular service maintenance and car responded with no disappointments and no bad surprises. Very satisfying car with excellent reliability, durability, workmanship and gas mileage.

Things to Know
By BeSteve on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I have owned the LeSabre, for 4 years. I was disappointed that the Trans needed a $1500 repair. The engine had a tube that was in the cylinder head, that went out causing the piston's to fill up with water another$1400. The load leveling struts on the rear have been replaced and after 1 year, failed again. Gas gauge does not work after 105,00 miles. When using the AC, the vacuum will take several minutes before it will open the upper vents. Air blows to feet area.

Enjoyed my LaSabre
By P Howell on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I got a good deal on a two year old LaSabre. I wasn't quite ready to shell out the money for a new one and I liked the trim package on the 97(limited). I was disappointed that I had to replace the trans @ 70k but it was such a nice car I knew I would get my monies worth out of it.

The tale of one Buick
By Eldon Orth on 11/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

Fine car...I am unable to get more than 22 MPG sometimes a little higher but, more often than not 21...If that's an O.K. than it's a great car.Solid, handles well, rides great...should have leather...seats are "sticky" to the seat of your trousers. Haad to replace dash gauges module...cost of $450.00 Rear air and heat could work better...Passenger temp control is as much of a joke as the smoke free section in a retaurant right next to the smoking area!!

Limited LeSabre
By Mikej on 08/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

The car is a good basic family car, with room for long trips if necessary. This car protected the occupants in an accident that might have totaled another less durable car. I would consider this a car of choice for a teenager. Just enough pep to keep them out of trouble, but not a road demon, and obviously enough structural integrity to keep you alive.

Great Job
By NYCBill on 05/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

Nice car. I love the new incentives. With $3000 cash back, it is truely an affordable luxury car and American too!