Used 1997 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

I love this car!
By Happy Camper!

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I live in Alaska and this car is absolutely awesome. I have owned a few cars in the past 34 yrs. up here and NONE are as comfortable for me to drive on the snow and ice as this one. Driving in winter is not my favorite, but this car does so well, I don't mind anymore. I've had it five years now. It's roomy and visibility is great in it and gas mileage is anywhere from 17 to 24 mpg for me. Oh, and it's pretty! Heater works great too!

ABS and FWD and super heater and defroster and comfortable.

none

1997 Buick Lesabre 3.8
By daylily

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I have owned my 97 Buick LeSabre for almost 6 years. It has over 236,000 miles on it. I get it maintained every 3,000 miles. I love it. I have done routine work on it. Replaced the struts once. It runs like a new car. Very nice ride and 28 city miles and 33 highway. I am not looking forward to having to give this car up. But I know that it is 14 years old now and will not last me forever, and hopefully when I have to get a new Buick it will be as good as this one.

Great ride,good gas mileage, love all the features tilt steering wheel, power seat and windows, stereo radio, wish it had cd player instead of just a tape player.

I would like it to have had cup holders, but the way it runs and as good as the car has been I am happy.

LeSabre
By lesabre

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I imagine that in 30-40 years, the 1997 Buick LeSabre will become a true showroom classic, it has sporty details and a modest classy look that you wouldn't expect from a Buick. The exhaust tone is like a quiet version of a muscle car. It feels like driving on air, no matter what you drive on. As i said before, the sporty details are the holes on the bottom of the front bumper that cools the radiator, the side mirrors mimic sporty cars, and etc. I wouldn't be surprised to see this car going up in value dramatically, that's why I'm going to take of this one.

Aerodynamics, dynaride, 3.8L v6, fuel economy, comfortable ride.

Rims, convertible trim, extra chrome accents.

Solid car with surprising fuel economy!
By Benjamin Kromminga

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I purchased my LeSabre Custom exactly a month ago to drive back and forth to college. This is an excellent highway car. The ride on the open road is very smooth and power from the 3.8 liter V-6 comes on strong when you need it to. Carving corners, however, the Buick feels slow and heavy. After driving a Ford Tempo for two years, parking the LeSabre is a bit of a chore. Inside, everything is very accomadating. The seats are large and comfortable, and the radio controls are large and easy enough to use. For a car this size, the itsy-bitsy glove box is a bit of an embarrassment. Despite the weight and size of this car, it has averaged about 27 miles per gallon in mostly highway driving.

My favorite feature of the LeSabre is probably the balance of power and economy. The LeSabre has enough boost to get out of its own way, yet it's relatively easy on the gas.

The LeSabre is a handsome car but still, the styling could probably use more definition. But hey, it is Buick after all. Handling's nothing to brag about and could definitely be improved.

Pleasently Pleased
By Pleased Driver

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I love my LeSabre. I am so sad I have to get a new vehicle. After three years of having my baby I am so sad to see her go. For some reason she sometimes will not start. However considering how tough I drive and the abuse I put her through she deserved a break. The body is built wonderfully and strong. I have backed into brick walls, cement lamp poles etc. (all accidental) and my LaSabre, she kept right on moving. The car is sooo roomy as well and it is a comfy smooth ride. This is what all cars should aspire to be!

I love my LeSabre but in all honesty, she stinks when it comes to gas. Ate my pockets dry at times.