Used 1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Bullet-proof
By Robert

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

Bought used from a friend with 227,000 miles and 11 years old. Now with 271,000 in Nov '10. All I do is change the oil ($10 at local dealer). Repaired a couple of minor things (rear springs and struts, front struts and both wheel bearings, rear defroster repair and auto A/C repair), but for as old as my car is, and with as many miles, it gives me excellent service every day. 14 years old, 271K miles, and I still get 26-27 mpg, YES! 27. No need to buy a new car to stretch your gas dollar; if you can find one of these late-90s in good condition with low miles, snatch it up! (would make a good second car in case your new expensive one your making payments on leaves you stranded).

MPG, MPG, MPG Ride and handling Dependability and affordability Lack of required expensive maintenance

Can't think of any

I love this car!
By Happy Camper!

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I live in Alaska and this car is absolutely awesome. I have owned a few cars in the past 34 yrs. up here and NONE are as comfortable for me to drive on the snow and ice as this one. Driving in winter is not my favorite, but this car does so well, I don't mind anymore. I've had it five years now. It's roomy and visibility is great in it and gas mileage is anywhere from 17 to 24 mpg for me. Oh, and it's pretty! Heater works great too!

ABS and FWD and super heater and defroster and comfortable.

none

1997 Buick Lesabre 3.8
By daylily

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I have owned my 97 Buick LeSabre for almost 6 years. It has over 236,000 miles on it. I get it maintained every 3,000 miles. I love it. I have done routine work on it. Replaced the struts once. It runs like a new car. Very nice ride and 28 city miles and 33 highway. I am not looking forward to having to give this car up. But I know that it is 14 years old now and will not last me forever, and hopefully when I have to get a new Buick it will be as good as this one.

Great ride,good gas mileage, love all the features tilt steering wheel, power seat and windows, stereo radio, wish it had cd player instead of just a tape player.

I would like it to have had cup holders, but the way it runs and as good as the car has been I am happy.

Good but ...
By rtrm01

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

Had 154K when I bought it, now has 206K and it has been the best car ever. I purchased for $4k, put over $6.5K into it. It is the best $10k ever spent. It has survived a couple of fender benders, and a front pass side deer hit. Drives straight as an arrow, never misses a beat, most dependable. As of late, it starts overheating, and when it reaches over 220 deg, it runs rough, sounds like it's on 3 of the 6 cyl. All fluids full,

LeSabre
By lesabre

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I imagine that in 30-40 years, the 1997 Buick LeSabre will become a true showroom classic, it has sporty details and a modest classy look that you wouldn't expect from a Buick. The exhaust tone is like a quiet version of a muscle car. It feels like driving on air, no matter what you drive on. As i said before, the sporty details are the holes on the bottom of the front bumper that cools the radiator, the side mirrors mimic sporty cars, and etc. I wouldn't be surprised to see this car going up in value dramatically, that's why I'm going to take of this one.

Aerodynamics, dynaride, 3.8L v6, fuel economy, comfortable ride.

Rims, convertible trim, extra chrome accents.