1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:
Bullet-proof
By Robert on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

Bought used from a friend with 227,000 miles and 11 years old. Now with 271,000 in Nov '10. All I do is change the oil ($10 at local dealer). Repaired a couple of minor things (rear springs and struts, front struts and both wheel bearings, rear defroster repair and auto A/C repair), but for as old as my car is, and with as many miles, it gives me excellent service every day. 14 years old, 271K miles, and I still get 26-27 mpg, YES! 27. No need to buy a new car to stretch your gas dollar; if you can find one of these late-90s in good condition with low miles, snatch it up! (would make a good second car in case your new expensive one your making payments on leaves you stranded).

I love this car!
By Happy Camper! on 05/28/10 23:14 PM (PDT)

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I live in Alaska and this car is absolutely awesome. I have owned a few cars in the past 34 yrs. up here and NONE are as comfortable for me to drive on the snow and ice as this one. Driving in winter is not my favorite, but this car does so well, I don't mind anymore. I've had it five years now. It's roomy and visibility is great in it and gas mileage is anywhere from 17 to 24 mpg for me. Oh, and it's pretty! Heater works great too!

1997 Buick Lesabre 3.8
By daylily on 04/11/10 16:58 PM (PDT)

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I have owned my 97 Buick LeSabre for almost 6 years. It has over 236,000 miles on it. I get it maintained every 3,000 miles. I love it. I have done routine work on it. Replaced the struts once. It runs like a new car. Very nice ride and 28 city miles and 33 highway. I am not looking forward to having to give this car up. But I know that it is 14 years old now and will not last me forever, and hopefully when I have to get a new Buick it will be as good as this one.

Good but ...
By rtrm01 on 03/12/10 10:00 AM (PST)

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

Had 154K when I bought it, now has 206K and it has been the best car ever. I purchased for $4k, put over $6.5K into it. It is the best $10k ever spent. It has survived a couple of fender benders, and a front pass side deer hit. Drives straight as an arrow, never misses a beat, most dependable. As of late, it starts overheating, and when it reaches over 220 deg, it runs rough, sounds like it's on 3 of the 6 cyl. All fluids full,

LeSabre
By lesabre on 10/24/09 03:05 AM (PDT)

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I imagine that in 30-40 years, the 1997 Buick LeSabre will become a true showroom classic, it has sporty details and a modest classy look that you wouldn't expect from a Buick. The exhaust tone is like a quiet version of a muscle car. It feels like driving on air, no matter what you drive on. As i said before, the sporty details are the holes on the bottom of the front bumper that cools the radiator, the side mirrors mimic sporty cars, and etc. I wouldn't be surprised to see this car going up in value dramatically, that's why I'm going to take of this one.

Solid car with surprising fuel economy!
By Benjamin Kromminga on 09/09/08 09:59 AM (PDT)

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I purchased my LeSabre Custom exactly a month ago to drive back and forth to college. This is an excellent highway car. The ride on the open road is very smooth and power from the 3.8 liter V-6 comes on strong when you need it to. Carving corners, however, the Buick feels slow and heavy. After driving a Ford Tempo for two years, parking the LeSabre is a bit of a chore. Inside, everything is very accomadating. The seats are large and comfortable, and the radio controls are large and easy enough to use. For a car this size, the itsy-bitsy glove box is a bit of an embarrassment. Despite the weight and size of this car, it has averaged about 27 miles per gallon in mostly highway driving.

Pleasently Pleased
By Pleased Driver on 01/13/08 20:56 PM (PST)

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I love my LeSabre. I am so sad I have to get a new vehicle. After three years of having my baby I am so sad to see her go. For some reason she sometimes will not start. However considering how tough I drive and the abuse I put her through she deserved a break. The body is built wonderfully and strong. I have backed into brick walls, cement lamp poles etc. (all accidental) and my LaSabre, she kept right on moving. The car is sooo roomy as well and it is a comfy smooth ride. This is what all cars should aspire to be!

Terrible Car
By Ahagy on 12/18/07 22:50 PM (PST)

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

This is actually the worst car I've ever owned. Since buying it I have had nothing but problems. I had to replace the heater, the air conditioner still doesn't work, the body is in terrible condition and doesn't hold up to anything. Driving in snow in it is a joke, steering locks up and so do the brakes so turning is dangerous and you're lucky if you stop. I'm surprised every morning when it starts up. It is definitely not reliable, not something I would ever resell. Because of this car I will never own another buick. I'm sticking to Dodge from now on.

Holy cow, what's your fuel mileage
By Victorius on on 03/13/07 19:00 PM (PDT)

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

Paid a little bit for a ten year old car but I love Buicks and knew when I heard the engine start it was worth the money. Had a mechanic check it over and he gave it a clean bill of health. Only three months with it but I've noticed that it gets well above 28 mpg on the highway. I had a Bonneville that got 28 on the highway and had the same size tank. Not sure of the exact fuel mileage but took the car on a 400+ mile trip and noticed the the gas guage drops significantly less for distance traveled. The car has at least 100 miles I can safely say longer range than my old '94 Bonneville with the same size engine. How that works? Ask Buick, they built it!

Good Solid Car
By michael on 11/13/06 08:30 AM (PST)

1997 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

This car is my 10th car and it's a good solid car. In the past I've had Camaro's and Mustang's, however those don't compare because they're sports cars, but this car is a good fit for the daily driver. It runs great, and it feels like you're floating with the dynaride system. The only problem I've had with the car was installing a new tranny. I bought the car with 54,000 miles on it from an elderly woman who never peaked past 45mph and the first few expressway times I blew the tranny at 80mph. I installed with labor $1000. I'm not a big fan of the exterior looks, a little outdated especially being young and good looking like myself so I may buy a convertible for the summer