Used 1997 Buick LeSabre Limited Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Buick LeSabre - Consumer Reviews

1997 Buick LeSabre

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Bullet-proof
By Robert

1997 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

Bought used from a friend with 227,000 miles and 11 years old. Now with 271,000 in Nov '10. All I do is change the oil ($10 at local dealer). Repaired a couple of minor things (rear springs and struts, front struts and both wheel bearings, rear defroster repair and auto A/C repair), but for as old as my car is, and with as many miles, it gives me excellent service every day. 14 years old, 271K miles, and I still get 26-27 mpg, YES! 27. No need to buy a new car to stretch your gas dollar; if you can find one of these late-90s in good condition with low miles, snatch it up! (would make a good second car in case your new expensive one your making payments on leaves you stranded).

MPG, MPG, MPG Ride and handling Dependability and affordability Lack of required expensive maintenance

Can't think of any

Good but ...
By rtrm01

1997 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

Had 154K when I bought it, now has 206K and it has been the best car ever. I purchased for $4k, put over $6.5K into it. It is the best $10k ever spent. It has survived a couple of fender benders, and a front pass side deer hit. Drives straight as an arrow, never misses a beat, most dependable. As of late, it starts overheating, and when it reaches over 220 deg, it runs rough, sounds like it's on 3 of the 6 cyl. All fluids full,

Terrible Car
By Ahagy

1997 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

This is actually the worst car I've ever owned. Since buying it I have had nothing but problems. I had to replace the heater, the air conditioner still doesn't work, the body is in terrible condition and doesn't hold up to anything. Driving in snow in it is a joke, steering locks up and so do the brakes so turning is dangerous and you're lucky if you stop. I'm surprised every morning when it starts up. It is definitely not reliable, not something I would ever resell. Because of this car I will never own another buick. I'm sticking to Dodge from now on.

Leather seats

Everything

Holy cow, what's your fuel mileage
By Victorius on

1997 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

Paid a little bit for a ten year old car but I love Buicks and knew when I heard the engine start it was worth the money. Had a mechanic check it over and he gave it a clean bill of health. Only three months with it but I've noticed that it gets well above 28 mpg on the highway. I had a Bonneville that got 28 on the highway and had the same size tank. Not sure of the exact fuel mileage but took the car on a 400+ mile trip and noticed the the gas guage drops significantly less for distance traveled. The car has at least 100 miles I can safely say longer range than my old '94 Bonneville with the same size engine. How that works? Ask Buick, they built it!

Extremely quiet and dependable ride. Feels like flying. I think my favorite feature is its Buicky smoothness. It can coast forever which means like pristine bearings. Only Buicks have this kind of quality, wow!

I wish it had Buick's 3.1 v6 or that it was as heavy for it's size as Park Avenue.

Smooth driving, quality car.
By Houston, Tx

1997 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

Work, drive, and family vacation for several years. Did regular service maintenance and car responded with no disappointments and no bad surprises. Very satisfying car with excellent reliability, durability, workmanship and gas mileage.

Ride comfort, roominess, control features, huge trunk, gas mileage, exterior paint. I like the smooth, roomy, reliable Buick rides. Feeling of heft and safety without giving up gas mileage.

Mmmmm can't think of any. My wife thought it looked like an old folks car but I thought it looked fine myself.