1997 Buick LeSabre - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:
I love this car!
By Happy Camper! on 05/28/10 23:14 PM (PDT)

1997 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

I live in Alaska and this car is absolutely awesome. I have owned a few cars in the past 34 yrs. up here and NONE are as comfortable for me to drive on the snow and ice as this one. Driving in winter is not my favorite, but this car does so well, I don't mind anymore. I've had it five years now. It's roomy and visibility is great in it and gas mileage is anywhere from 17 to 24 mpg for me. Oh, and it's pretty! Heater works great too!

1997 Buick Lesabre 3.8
By daylily on 04/11/10 16:58 PM (PDT)

1997 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

I have owned my 97 Buick LeSabre for almost 6 years. It has over 236,000 miles on it. I get it maintained every 3,000 miles. I love it. I have done routine work on it. Replaced the struts once. It runs like a new car. Very nice ride and 28 city miles and 33 highway. I am not looking forward to having to give this car up. But I know that it is 14 years old now and will not last me forever, and hopefully when I have to get a new Buick it will be as good as this one.

LeSabre
By lesabre on 10/24/09 03:05 AM (PDT)

1997 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

I imagine that in 30-40 years, the 1997 Buick LeSabre will become a true showroom classic, it has sporty details and a modest classy look that you wouldn't expect from a Buick. The exhaust tone is like a quiet version of a muscle car. It feels like driving on air, no matter what you drive on. As i said before, the sporty details are the holes on the bottom of the front bumper that cools the radiator, the side mirrors mimic sporty cars, and etc. I wouldn't be surprised to see this car going up in value dramatically, that's why I'm going to take of this one.

Solid car with surprising fuel economy!
By Benjamin Kromminga on 09/09/08 09:59 AM (PDT)

1997 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

I purchased my LeSabre Custom exactly a month ago to drive back and forth to college. This is an excellent highway car. The ride on the open road is very smooth and power from the 3.8 liter V-6 comes on strong when you need it to. Carving corners, however, the Buick feels slow and heavy. After driving a Ford Tempo for two years, parking the LeSabre is a bit of a chore. Inside, everything is very accomadating. The seats are large and comfortable, and the radio controls are large and easy enough to use. For a car this size, the itsy-bitsy glove box is a bit of an embarrassment. Despite the weight and size of this car, it has averaged about 27 miles per gallon in mostly highway driving.

Pleasently Pleased
By Pleased Driver on 01/13/08 20:56 PM (PST)

1997 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

I love my LeSabre. I am so sad I have to get a new vehicle. After three years of having my baby I am so sad to see her go. For some reason she sometimes will not start. However considering how tough I drive and the abuse I put her through she deserved a break. The body is built wonderfully and strong. I have backed into brick walls, cement lamp poles etc. (all accidental) and my LaSabre, she kept right on moving. The car is sooo roomy as well and it is a comfy smooth ride. This is what all cars should aspire to be!

Good Solid Car
By michael on 11/13/06 08:30 AM (PST)

1997 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

This car is my 10th car and it's a good solid car. In the past I've had Camaro's and Mustang's, however those don't compare because they're sports cars, but this car is a good fit for the daily driver. It runs great, and it feels like you're floating with the dynaride system. The only problem I've had with the car was installing a new tranny. I bought the car with 54,000 miles on it from an elderly woman who never peaked past 45mph and the first few expressway times I blew the tranny at 80mph. I installed with labor $1000. I'm not a big fan of the exterior looks, a little outdated especially being young and good looking like myself so I may buy a convertible for the summer

One owner 1997 Buick LeSabre
By Christian Valin on 11/01/05 16:36 PM (PST)

1997 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

The 3.8liter engine has been GM's best kept secret. Who would have known that such a large car would give such great car mileage on the highway? City mileage is average for a car this size. This Buick has been among the most reliable GM vehicles I've ever owned. It's too bad that this old fashioned technology is going by the wayside as Buick tries to attract a younger crowd. I'm in my forties but I guess my taste is more conservative and don't look for fast cornering cars but very comfortable and always it always feels like a safe car.

Comfort On Wheels
By Abatt on 08/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

I just purchased a '97 Buick Custom LeSabre with only 35,000 miles. I'm a big guy (6'5") and was tired of being crammed into my Toyota Camry (a nice car, but not built for large people). I've owned the car for a week now and hope to have it another 5 years at least. It's comfortable, roomy, gives a great ride, and mechanically appears to be solid.

LeSbre
By rkillion on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

I just bought this vehicle. Other than having some fuel problems due to the car sitting over six months, this car has been an excellent choice for my family and me.

Best US Car Offered
By David Durrell on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

Good value for money. Excellent motorway cruiser, though ponderous in mountains. Excellent traction in snow and ice with FWD. Will return 29-30 MPG at 75 MPH. Big ticket items in drivetrain are flawless at 100K miles. Brakes need work more than I like, but parts are reasonably priced and it's easy to work on. Had stiffer shocks installed which helped handling. Not a BMW, but a good trade off wrt running costs.