1996 Buick LeSabre - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:
Immortal engine
By jjtoob on 09/14/14 00:13 AM (PDT)

1996 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought mine from a friend when it had 180k miles, but sadly, it already had a lot of wear, so I can't be sure, but I think it was just driven really hard. I've had to replace many parts, including the radiator and transmission, but the engine just keeps on going. Unfortunately, it still has a few different leak problems that I don't feel like spending money to fix, so I'm driving it to the ground and getting another car.

Old girl still has it!
By ipman501 on 10/24/13 06:20 AM (PDT)

1996 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

This car has been great. I have about 135k miles so far and no really major problems (except one, which I will talk about later). I have gotten 31mpg on the highway and I usually get around 21mpg city. Had a problem where the car was mis-firing up hills and when the engine was under load. Did some research and figured out it was a bad spark plug cable. Replaced all the spark plugs and cables and now she purrs like a kitten. My A/C compressor clutch died about a year ago now and makes a grinding noise every once in a while, but that doesn't hurt anything or effect the car in any way (although no air conditioning, obviously). Driver power window just died a week ago. It's an old car, though...

I's a keeper.
By juanosanti on 09/20/12 18:53 PM (PDT)

1996 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

I've had this car over 3 years now and I love it. I got the car with 70,000 miles, now it has 101,000. I just had to change the O2 sensor. It's not a looker but sure is a champion.

Boring old person's car
By kretara on 09/18/09 14:05 PM (PDT)

1996 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

I drive this car 7,500 miles/year and I'm glad I don't have to spend any more time in it. The leather seats are uncomfortable after more than 1 hour. At 60k the transmission started to hesitate on 1-2 shits. Trans. still working at 86k, but wondering how much life is left. Have been plagued by constant A/C issues. Some stupid little plastic part that controls where the "air" comes from is now on its 3rd replacement. Nothing like having the drivers side getting A/C and the passengers side getting heat. I have now replaced all 4 power window regulators...twice. Gas mileage is not great. 14 city/21 highway. My Crown Victoria was a much better car.

Not the sharpest, but good to my wallet!
By JC on 04/17/09 22:45 PM (PDT)

1996 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this car a few months back from a friend. It has 189,000 miles on it. I bought it with the intentions of putting a new motor in since this was neglected. 20,000+ on oil, 30,000+ on filter and 3 quarts over full!! I decided to drain the oil, give it an oil change and filter change, drive about 50 miles and redo it again. This car is great. 29 MPH on interstate and no check engine lights so far. I have to tell you, with that much neglect and the thing still gets great gas mileage and never fails to start...there is nothing that I can do to that engine that will harm it!

Gets the job done
By bigpop on 11/28/07 13:11 PM (PST)

1996 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

I like this car. It is very reliable (starts and runs every time), comfortable, roomy, feels solid, and feels safe. I have not had any serious repair issues. The car has about 119K on it. Gas mileage is OK for a car of its size. Smart money drives Buick.

Comfortable Car
By l on 03/09/05 02:08 AM (PST)

1996 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

The Buick LeSabre is a very roomy, smooth riding, and comfortable car. It will not necessarily turn heads, but it has lots of interior room and plenty of V6 power. The suspension has a floatly feel on rough roads, but is well mannered on city streets and highways. After owning one for a few months now, I fully understand why my parents liked them. Good value for the money and comfort.

1996 Buick LeSabre Limited is AWSOME!
By Gail Elsberry on 10/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

My mother purchaced/ordered her 1997 NEW from factory & we all fell in love with it. From gas mileage to overall look, preformance & comfort, this car is the best of the best! My husband just purchased me a 1996 that we got from a private individual with only 85K actual miles. I love this car & the comfort & luxury level is unbeatable! The 30 mpg on highway is AWSOME with today's gas prices! I never thought I would like any vehicle as much as I like this one. My other car is an 89 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale. It too gets the awsome gas mileage of 27 mpg on highway, still ticking with 180K actual miles on the odomiter! Never a problem except replaced trans 4 years ago. GO GM! Thanks!

Iron out -problems took five years
By D.G. on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

After 105000 miles, we have solved most of the problems with our 96 Buick. The worst problem has been the suspension in the rear. The ride in the front seat is fine. But the rear seat bottoms out and is a very rough ride over the least little bump. I returned the car to the dealer with no solutions for the rear suspension. We also had to replace all the tires three times within five years because of the suspension. We were finally told to have the tires rotated every 6000 miles( by a tire dealer) to solve this problem. Also problems with the engine light.

Decent Practical Car
By Maxine on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

Mine has 110000 miles,Traction control,GT Package,Which handles excellent.