1995 Buick LeSabre Consumer Review: Reliable Comfortable Ride

1995 Buick LeSabre Sedan - Consumer Review

Reliable Comfortable Ride
By crowbarcharlie on

1995 Buick LeSabre Limited 4dr Sedan

I acquired the '95 limited last year from my dad and at first I was skeptical about driving a 17 year old car with 125,000 miles. At 138,000 miles last week the brake lines, front wheel brake pads and rotors, and a stabilizer bar were replaced. In its lifetime there haven't been any big money issues. A water pump, spark plug wires/ plugs, and passenger climate control have been fixed. The fuel economy is decent. I have gotten 28+mpg on interstate trips with a fully packed car. I get ~16mpg with city only driving. It has been a reliable car for me.

My favorite features of the car are the power leather seats, dual climate control and the leg room for the back seats. It fits 4 adults comfortably. The cabin is rather quiet too. I didn't like the dynaride at first but learned to love it. I always feel safe because of the sturdy build. The car is easy to see out of. The windows are large and the head rests are low which makes turning the head to check the blind spots pretty easy. When people ride in it they are impressed by the refinement/ craftsmanship and comfort.

The car drives like a boat. The acceleration isn't spirited and the braking isn't the shortest but it is a LeSabre, not a sports car. With cruise control activated the car will slow a mile or two on the tall hills and coast down them a mile or two faster. It is tough to gauge how close the front bumper is to the other cars when parking. When the trunk is opened after it has rained some water will drain into the trunk. This will never be a chick magnet and is occasionally the butt of jokes.