Used 1995 Buick LeSabre Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Buick Lesabre - Consumer Reviews

1995 Buick LeSabre Sedan

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Reliable Comfortable Ride
By crowbarcharlie

1995 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I acquired the '95 limited last year from my dad and at first I was skeptical about driving a 17 year old car with 125,000 miles. At 138,000 miles last week the brake lines, front wheel brake pads and rotors, and a stabilizer bar were replaced. In its lifetime there haven't been any big money issues. A water pump, spark plug wires/ plugs, and passenger climate control have been fixed. The fuel economy is decent. I have gotten 28+mpg on interstate trips with a fully packed car. I get ~16mpg with city only driving. It has been a reliable car for me.

Favorite Features

My favorite features of the car are the power leather seats, dual climate control and the leg room for the back seats. It fits 4 adults comfortably. The cabin is rather quiet too. I didn't like the dynaride at first but learned to love it. I always feel safe because of the sturdy build. The car is easy to see out of. The windows are large and the head rests are low which makes turning the head to check the blind spots pretty easy. When people ride in it they are impressed by the refinement/ craftsmanship and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

The car drives like a boat. The acceleration isn't spirited and the braking isn't the shortest but it is a LeSabre, not a sports car. With cruise control activated the car will slow a mile or two on the tall hills and coast down them a mile or two faster. It is tough to gauge how close the front bumper is to the other cars when parking. When the trunk is opened after it has rained some water will drain into the trunk. This will never be a chick magnet and is occasionally the butt of jokes.

Premium Motor Car
By somerton

1995 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

In 30 years driving, this is clearly one of the highest quality vehicles that I've owned or driven. We purchased it in 2003 with 110,000 miles and we've run it to 216,000 miles. It's regular use is inner-city Philadelphia driving but it tackled multiple trips to Chicago, Jamestown (western NY), Toronto, Boston, and Florida. Saw 29 mpg hwy on 35 psi tires. Repairs have been: All brake cylinders, calipers, master cylinder, and ABS unit, PCM, compressor, blower motor, temp control module, tie rods ends, motor mounts, wtr pmp, starter. When the math is done for all repairs, maintenance, and inspections, it comes to $.10/mile over 10 yrs. Not bad for a $2,500 investment up front!

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, confident steering and braking, even under pressure or hazardous conditions. Overall construction is superb! Tremendous power and economy from the 3800cc motor!

Suggested Improvements

Trunk lid, when raised during or after a rain, drips water directly into the trunk space.

Good Reliable Car
By The Seeker

1995 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this car and fell in love with it. It rides smooth and is good on gas. So far I've replaced the water pump and the brake cylinder seems to be next. I has 117k so I expect good thing in the near future. Peace and love.

Favorite Features

Plush leather seats, smooth ride, air control

Suggested Improvements

None.

I MIss my Car!
By Inez Osmus

1995 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

It was totaled by roadrager and was injured in ribs and shoulder but my Mom was notinjured! Thatshows how good this car is. I was sitting up closer to steering wheel. I'm shorter than her. I was just learning to drive and she felt this car would be safest! I hope to find another Buick Le Sabre in mid 90's or maybe a Park Ave. It had gold leather and sure miss it as is best for my back! Don't care for bucket seats anymore, hurt the back way too much!

Favorite Features

Steering wheel, leather seats. Dash especially as I could see it even in bright sun! Many new cars have things you can't see and are so tiny.

Suggested Improvements

Please bring back bench seats and leather seats which are comfy!

Old man
By nick

1995 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I'm still under 50, but my car gets me called "old man"! I bought the car 10 yrs old with 52k miles; I''m sure I can sell for teh same. Great value. Real interior comfort, favorite 3800 motor, all in a "snowplow"!

Favorite Features

Definetly not a "cop magnet". Ii actually like the wood grain accents and "living room" feel inside

Suggested Improvements

Maybe just a little more sporty look so my children would accept the idea of a hand-me-down!