Used 1995 Buick LeSabre Custom Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Buick LeSabre - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Reliable, Comfy, Good on Gas
By cmccausland

1995 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

I have owned a Gen III, Olds 88 with 205 HP V6, and that had 170k miles on it, sold it to my brother who needed a reliable car, good on gas. His friend totaled it, hit 2 deer on the interstate. Since then I have kept my eye out, and found this low mileage (66K Original!!!) one that a co-worker had from grandparents. Not quite as good on gas or as much power as the Olds, but very good car. I see about 22 combined mileage with Lucas Fuel Treatment. I paid $500 for it, my mechanic son-in-law put on new front brake pads/rotors, tune-up, brake lines, new trans filter/fluid, vacuum lines repaired/repainted top (vinyl top came off on highway!) All for $620 parts/labor, toatal of about $1200!

Steering wheel mounted radio controls, comfy ride, can steer with one finger. Great daily driver, good in all weather, good on gas, reliable, soft ride that soaks up pot holes/ruts, very roomy.

Well, the car is almost 20 years old! Really, if new, the suspension could have been a little firmer, and steering a little tighter. The newer GEN III engine has more power/better fuel economy. Antenna freezes which is annoying, no radio reception!

Nice Couch on Wheels
By chevelle68

1995 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

My 95 Lesabre has been in the family since new. I use it as my daily commuter to save gas and miles on my other gas thirsty trucks. Overall the car has been reliable. Other than the usual wear items (a/c, brakes, etc.) I've had to replace a cheap plastic water fitting at the intake. And the ECM started acting haywire, but a junkyard computer for $50 solved that problem. It's not a "fun" car, but it's cheap, reliable, and I get a solid 20 mpg with town and highway driving, Almost 22 on all highway driving. Easy to work on and parts are cheap.

Reliable 3800 motor, easy to see out the back window unlike newer cars.

Would prefer the car to have larger side mirrors, this car needs an aftermarket CD player with AUX input.

Miss it.
By agastonguay13

1995 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

Was given my Lesabre third(fourth, fifth?) hand by my mother who wanted me to have a safe first car to take to college. It took me some time to get used to such a big car after learning on a Chevy Cavalier, but soon enough I loved it. Gas mileage wasn't terrible for such a big car and it was great in the snow. It had 155,000 miles on it when I hit a frost heave and tore out a coolant hose. Stupidly decided to try and drive it home. Made it, but the gaskets blew on the way there. Couldn't afford to fix it so I sold it (along with a would-be replacement that turned out to be junk) to another patron of my mechanic. He fixed it and I see it around town from time to time. Looking to buy another.

My favorite feature on this car was the front bench seat. It was so comfortable. Fully adjustable up, down, left, right, diagonal. Had room for six (including my large behind).

The only Improvement would be a stock cupholder. Had room for a loose one but I would've liked one built in.

244000miles and still going
By Bob

1995 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

After owning this car for 5 yrs. the only thing costly was the fuel pump ($400) inc. labor. The amazing thing is all of the factory exhaust is still in excellent condition,I had the trans fluid changed evey 40,000 mi and never had a problem with it. January cold weather in Mass. can take its' toll and that is when the rear brake line went out after a panic stop from a fool not paying attention with his snowblower went out into the road, but the safety system worked impeccably, the car stopped far away from him. the car still uses no oil 1/2 qt. between changes. Hate to part with it,still no rush issues.but how much can you expect from a car with this situation? Am looking for a newer one.

Very comfortable still, cloth seats are still in great shape,excellent cold starting.

After all of this?

Electric and Leaks
By John

1995 Buick LeSabre Custom 4dr Sedan

My car leaked from poor fitting panels on the floor. Cost 750 to get it fixed. Also very poor alternator - went through 5 in five years! Everything else was fine.

Leather seats, comfortable.

Fix the alternator problems! Build them so they don't leak!